September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the teal shade. It's a LOVELY color, and I like to use it on my lower lash line. It's smooth and nicely pigmented, but the staying power isn't the greatest; it fades throughout the day for me. I like that the cap has a built-in sharpener, but unfortunately the cap falls off really easily, so I wouldn't recommend traveling with this or putting in your purse. You can't go wrong with the price if you just want to experiment with a colorful eyeliner, though!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by martiyates

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was excited to find this in ivory as I was looking for a vegan product to replace the Benefit highlighter I've been using for ages. Unfortunately, this won't do the trick. I just wanted to use it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. After applying it, I tried to blend slightly to make it not look so obvious, and pretty much all of it just came off. It also seems dry and cakey, not creamy enough to blend well. Even though it was only a dollar, it was a waste for me. Maybe for someone else it would work if they have a different use in mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Lots of color choices.

2. Shimmer. Yayyy!

3. Affordable. I think it's $1

4. Doesn't test on animals and is vegan

5. Packaging. Comes with a sharpener inside the lid. Genius! Saves space, keeps me from losing the sharpener as often, just a pretty neat idea.

Cons:

1. Nothing special. I bought this in white to put on the waterline of my lower lids while I use a different black gel liner on top. This is just okay, it doesn't really do anything, though. It's not super pigmented, but it's pigmented enough to be noticeable. Just not exactly what I was looking for. Plus, my white one is more "metallic" than "shimmery".

Comments:

This just an okay product for me. I'll still use it til it's gone, but I won't repurchase. Perhaps other colors are better?

I know some have reported having issues with the sharpener. For the record, I haven't. It doesn't dull the pencil or do anything weird to the pencil. It just sharpens it. And I like the design.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missScarlet22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this pencil in Iconic Ivory (the white shade) to use on my water line because it was the only white pencil I could find at the drugstore. Unfortunately, it is too hard for that purpose, and I don't think the sparkles are well-suited to the water line either. I now use it as a highlighter when I'm in a pinch. I just swipe it under my brows, rub it in a bit with my fingers, and repeat the process on my inner eye corners. It is much faster than using a brush to apply powder highlight, and the waxy consistency ensures that there is no fallout (so you can use it over foundation/concealer without fear). It generally stays put all day. Also, the pencil sharpener cap is a neat bonus and actually works surprisingly well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in the shade gunmetal - a neutral mid grey with a subtle almost metallic shimmer. I've been wearing it for the past four or five days in very hot and humid conditions, and I am astonished by it's staying power. I get about 8 hours from this product without primer and when wearing primer underneath I find that it stays until I take it off at night. I do have dry skin which may help with longevity but nevertheless it's comparable in performance to my trusty Urban Decay liner, and I got this on offer for 75p!

I am finding it very pleasant and easy to apply - firm enough to make a good clean line while soft enough to not drag along the eyelids. In colder conditions I imagine it probably needs to be warmed up in the hands to help application.

Colour (gunmetal) is very attractive, payoff is great and the shimmer, while definitely there, is subtle enough for older skin to pull off - it's not glittery or harsh. Paired with a taupe or chocolate/bronze shadow it's great for a classic, luxurious looking daytime eye, or just on it's own for a bit of definition.

I would definitely recommend this product in the shade gunmetal. I haven't tried any of the other colours and I know from experience that cheaper eyeliner pencils can vary enormously in texture and quality from one shade to the next. But at these prices, I'd say it's worth trying the others for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: A nice gold colour and applies quite smoothly. I LOVE the fact that a sharpener is the lid for the pencil!

Cons: Almost too gold for a liner? I'll have to try this again and report back!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Lcamato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in black. It's the best pencil liner around in my opinion. Goes on creamy and smooth and stays put all day. Love how the sharpener is in the top so it's always handy. I don't see much shimmer in it, but I like the plain black so that doesn't bother me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

The shade I tried was "twinkle teal," which for some reason isn't printed on the packaging. The color was rich, which surprised me-I was expecting much lower quality. It wasn't a one and done shade, but I only needed to give the line a quick once-over for good color. It didn't drag/tug/pull/skip on the lash line, either.

However, the color faded after just an hour, but didn't stop. It looked worn down and eventually grayish. By 5 hours, the color was pretty much gone, and it had migrated. Not impressed.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very low-risk purchase since each eyeliner is priced at $1. I bought the shimmering Icon White to line my waterline and specifically to keep it in my gym bag. When I took the pencil out of the outer packaging, I was pleasantly surprised by the pencil's built-in sharper in the cap and general look. It seemed like great quality! The size is perfect to pack in a makeup bag, too. I did feel, when first applying, that the pencil product is pretty hard, but it does soften with the warmth of your skin. It doesn't smudge easily, so it is pretty tough to use this on your waterline. Still, it's a great product. While I probably won't buy the Icon White pencil again, I'd be interested in the other colors in the lineup for regular eyeliner use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this liner more for the sharpener. The pencil itself is god quality and glides on nicely but I'm not a huge fan of metallics and usually just add a tiny bit of this for a pop of colour. Anyway, the sharpener is AMAZING! It's the best I have ever tried. It beautifully sharpens every pencil I own from the low end to luxury brand. I will definitely be buying more of these pencils just for the sharpener.