La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.5

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

on 3/24/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm struggling with perimenopausal breakouts and thought this would help as its meant to help with reducing spots, clear pores and help with shine breakthrough.

However, I can honestly say it did nothing for me. Using tea tree oil is far more effective

on 3/24/2015 6:07:00 AM

The first time I used Effaclar Duo I stopped using it because it not only made my face peely and dry, but bright red too. It stopped the acne, but bright red and peeling isn't better than acne! Now a year later I've picked it up again and am very happy with the results. The key is to use it as a very thin spot treatment in a very specific point, let it dry, than slather on the lotion! Even if you have acne all over like I did the first time, I still wouldn't recommend putting it thinly over your whole face.

on 3/20/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is OK.

I do not suffer from acne, or spots as such. But I do have clogged, evident pores and I suffer from old acne scars with very red skin. Very red.

I do not feel like this product has done anything for my skin. I would use it morning and night, then I would just use at night because I found it too drying to go underneath make-up. It did leave horrible dry patches and made my skin look extremely dull and lacklustre.

My pores are not significantly different, nor is the redness in my skin or the acne scars.

I'm not actually sure what this cream is supposed to do. It does smell nice though I do not think it is suitable for those who suffer from dry skin like myself.

I don't think I would buy this again as it made no changes to my skin.

on 3/13/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading lots of rave reviews online and was very disappointed. This product does nothing to heal my existing acne and seems to cause more breakouts. I have given this product a number of fair chances praying for it to work with no luck.

Texture & fragrance :
It has liquidy texture that spreads easily and it doesn't really smell.

Packaging :
It comes in a nice tube similar to other la roche posay products.

Overall, I would not repurchase or recommend this.

on 3/12/2015 6:20:00 AM

I've always had trouble with my skin - I'm never without a few spots. I got a free sample of this to try and tried it but it gave me a rash of tiny little spots wherever I put it. It was good on my acne as it was mild yet effective, but I must have been allergic to one of the ingredients (which is pretty rare for me). The Effaclar foam cleanser had the same effect. I would definitely try to get a sample to try if you are thinking of buying this.

on 3/7/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had a sudden bout of acne due to a medication i was taking some time ago and decided to get this after reading the reviews and youtube vlogs. Unfortunately, it did not work for me at all. I used it consistently and did not see any results. I thought it may be due to my medication still being in my system but i tried it again recently for my normal hormonal acne and it caused more bumps to appear instead.

on 2/28/2015 7:21:00 PM

i have bought this product numerous times, i have acne prone skin and i read i should give iit a few months before i saw results thus i had always repurchased this product. my pores became significantly smaller however it did not help with breakouts or blemishes at all. i continued to breakout and also it had dried out my skin and made my complexion rather dull. for the price you pay, it is not worth it.

on 2/27/2015 6:37:00 AM

Me: 19 years old have combination sensitive acne prone skin. What's good; doesn't irritate or cause breakouts, did reduce the acne on the skin, all clear in one week. What's to improve: better with fragrance free, cause little sting and redness on the nose sides.

on 2/21/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product works wonders... Some of the time! I have normal to slightly oily skin but tend to get quite uneven texture and small bumps/spots with some acne scars. I have been using this product on and off for about 3 years. I don't use it all the time, but will try it for a couple of months every 6 months or so. I use it day and night in place of a moisturiser and SOMETIMES I get fantastic results, then another period of using it I don't feel any difference whatsoever. I have been using it a few weeks now and my skin is lots smoother and I haven't been getting any spots, so will continue to use it. I will keep repurchasing it though as I need to have it in my collection! Give it at try and see how it works for you :)

on 2/20/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word, amazing!
I have acne-prone, combination/oily skin with clogged pores. After seeing youtubers recommending this product, i thought i could give it a try and i am totally in love! One week has passed and i can already see a huge different!
It clears my skin and unclogs my pores, barely some of the black- and whiteheads are visible. Not only that but my skin feels and looks a lot smoother, the spots and marks i used to have an issue with are almost gone so i don't even have to wear foundation anymore.
I use this every night and morning, at night i take this before my night cream and in the morning i use this as a moisturizer (it's also a pretty good makeup-base). Big love to the smell and the simple packaging too.

It definitely does what it promised and so worth the price.

Popular Treatments (Face)