April 16, 2014 | 1583 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am Korean and medium skin tone--I use Dior Skin in 040 Honey Beige or LM Tinted Moisturizer in Sand or Beige in BB foundation or Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Bisque.

Cork is a true medium brown that I thought I could use as a transition color but it is a bit too dark; UD Naked single eyeshadow is a lighter and more versatile true brown.

My typical eye is UD Sin OR Toasted, Roach, Busted, Zephyr (hihglight) with Naked as the transition color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect transition color. The lady at the MAC counter suggested this for making my smoky eye look a little more blended. I apply this in my crease before I start using my darker crease colors. For a less drastic daytime look, I use this alone in the crease with a matte beige on the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

This product is so versatile. I use it as my everyday eyeshadow for a bit of definition, and it looks natural. I also use it for my eyebrow sometimes, and it looks great too. I've been using this shade for almost two years now, and I haven't hit the pan yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SarahSally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice grayish brown. Lasts forever with primer (more than 12 hours). I usually wear with ricepaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this almost everyday. No matter what look I do, I always start with this color. It acts as a transition and crease color in one step. Yes, it's a basic medium matte brown, but I will always keep repurchasing this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Gorgeous, neutral matte brown shade. I love using this in the crease, especially with bright shades as it tones them down and makes them very wearable. It applies smoothly and evenly on my eyelids and blends out well. I like it better than Urban Decay's 'Buck', purely for the fact it's deeper in colour and a touch warmer. It's also darker and deeper than MAC's 'Wedge' eyeshadow. Great pigmentation and one of those 'boring' staples everyone needs in their collection; they often end up being the most used daily!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Cork is one of those eye shadows that will work on anyone. It's the perfect neutral brown with golden undertones the satin formula which is my favorite of all the Mac formulas. I use Cork with Soba, Bamboo, Shroom, Ricepaper, and a few others, it really works well with Texture as well. These shadows look and perform their best when used with Mac's brushes, they are well worth the money, they are durable and most important of all they apply and blend eye shadows the way they should be.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by livetodance

Perfect medium brown neutral shadow. I use it in the crease. Blends well and is not too dark on my fair skin. I use this for every day wear. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is slightly darker than my skin tone. (1-2 shades) So I use it as a crease color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I uploaded a photo and linked it and the bottom of this review. I was using UD Buck in my crease and I read endless reviews noting that it's a dupe for MAC Cork. Saw photos of the two on other people's hands and they looked identical.

No they aren't. Look at the photo below. MAC Cork is clearly much warmer, lighter, and more golden brown. UD Buck is closer to MAC Quarry or Haux, in that it's cooler with some grey tones to it. I guess if you have extremely fair skin, they will both look dark brown on you and perhaps that's why I was confused as to why they looked the same on other people's skin. But on my NC25-30 skin, you can definitely see the difference. I personally like MAC Cork better as a crease/blending color, although I wish it were a tad darker. Cork is like the warmer, more golden version of MAC Wedge. But there is no comparison between this and UD Buck. I also noticed MAC Cork is more pigmented. This photo below shows 2 swipes of Cork, whereas for Buck I had to layer about 3-4 swipes to get it as pigmented.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No