October 2, 2014 | 1876 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Kirstiewant

Actually love this mascara primer, makes lashes a lot longer prior to applying mascara, also it was only 7$

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't afford Lancome anymore at 20 +, and even the L'Oreal versions are getting up there in price. With the puny lashes I have, however, I need something for my mascara to grab onto to make it appear as though I have any sort of volume. i hadn't seen this before recently, so I was very pleased to find it well within price range. I will definitely try what a reviewer suggested as to apply the fibers with the tip of the brush, then use as a regular mascara wand. Thus far it has been a bit of a challenge, but still an improvement over no primer at all. I use this with both a volumizing and lengthening mascara to get the dramatic lashes I like. I will never have the false lash look, but visible is sure nice. I will happily buy this again as I can purchase a couple of mascaras and the primer for what I have paid for Lancome in the past.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This is not such a bad product!!! It retails for about $6 and it volumizes the lashes pretty well prior to mascara application. It makes a good but slight difference. A better explanation: It does not cover your whole lashes in white gunk like the L'Oreal lash primers do (they're a little more pricey), but it does leave white flecks between every lash and at the tips of them that grab the black pigments of mascara. It's definitely buildable and if I use this with my favorite mascara (Etude House 3 Step Volumecara) my lashes end up looking insanely full and long! Love this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this primer quite a bit. It performs alot better that the actual fiber colored Mascaras. What I like about this primer is that you can actually see the tiny fibers on the brush. When it's applied you can see the fibers attached to your lashes and I was so amazed at the length and volume I received from this primer! I used the lashaholic also by Hard Candy over this primer and my eyelashes looked magnificent! And the result lasted all day long and well into the evening! Everyone would ask me if I and on false lashes and I was so proud to share my secret. This is a great product I plan to repurchase soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by keekee713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I found this to be a really nice primer. It may take getting used to for some. It took me a few tries, but now I really like it. I use it under a Cover Girl mascara(in the purple tube) & it made my eyes pop! I went to a showing of a photo I took & I got a lot of compliments on my eyes. I didn't have any trouble with flakes getting in my eyes & it lasted for hours. I don't recommend putting it on your bottom lashes, but that's just me, I just use a clear mascara on my bottom lashes because my lashes are naturally black. I don't use the primer for everyday looks, I only use it when I really want my eyes to show off, like, say, going on a date(what's that?) going to dinner with family or friends or other events that might require a bolder look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by dsmlyl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not the best primer out there, but good primer for the price. And available at Walmart.
Please see my full review at

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jaemegan

Well, when I was little I got the idea that if i 'trimmed' my lashes theyd grow back even thicker, longer, and fuller than ever!.. Aaaand it kinda didnt work >.:) lol
I like the fuzzies! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is a very nice item that I lucked out & found at WalMart for $6. I wear primer & mascara every single day and this one prevents my mascara from smudging (all day long) and it does an excellent job of enhancing the appearance of my mascara too.
The downside of this primer is that it does apply a bit thickly. The formula seems to be drier than that of the department store brands. It's true that you get what you pay for, but this product delivers a lot of value for a very small price.
I had run out of my Clinique Lash Building Primer and I was disappointed by the DiorShow Lash Plumping Serum. I was looking for a cheaper alternative, and I came to find out that there actually aren't that many drugstore lash primers out there apart from the L'oreal double-ended mascara/primer duos. You usually have to go high-end (Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, etc.) So I was thrilled just to find this product at all.
For a drugstore product, it performs very well. I think the key is the design of the brush- the wiry fibers are really long so the spaces in between are nice and deep. This allows for really smooth application, no clumping. And when I use this, even my Jordana mascara stays put all day- and it always smudges on me, but not with this. I am so glad I stumbled upon this- it's a real drugstore gem! It starts to dry out after a month or two and needs to be replaced because it doesn't work as well after that. I have already purchased two back-ups of this and highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by anakay44

I actually really like this. I've had it for maybe a year now and honestly I could say I love it. It does help eyelashes hold a curl, it adds moderate volume, and it adds a little length. If you swirl the wand inside the tube instead of pumping it you get more product, but usually I just apply it normally, then I take the tip and vertically apply it to areas which (sadly) are more sparse than other parts of my eyelashes, then I run it through normally again, I let it dry a few seconds (15 maybe), then I apply my mascara very slowly as to not let the curl fall (because this will add weight while it's all still wet). It isn't as complicated as the double ended tubes of mascara because with those I ALWAYS end up with white primer showing, but with HC's lash weave I don't because it doesn't add so much product in the first place which I honestly consider a good thing. I recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by glowgirl123

I have been using this for a few days, and i definitely notice a difference, it's alot eaiser for the little fibers too go on if you take the tip of the brush, then rub it across your lashes, then go over with the wand like a normal mascara.
That worked alot better for me .
I think for it's price it's a pretty nice product, because the only mascara primers you really see is by L'oreal, and they tend too be really thick, and gross.
this one is not like that at all,
will for sure re-purchase.