BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Same as other reviewers, loved it at first for the way it smoothed my complexion. Then hated it for the HUGE cystic pimples that developed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product did nothing for me. I have oily/combination skin with some pores nothing too bad but this did not do a thing to cover pores nor it controlled my oilyness. You have to use a lot for it to cover your face so I don't think it's worth the price for the amount you have to use and size of the bottle. Returned this product right away. A pricier alternative: Lancome Vissionaire 1 minute blur. Little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only pore filler that actually works! I use this in conjugation with primer, foundation and setting powder. It truly makes a huge difference in the appearance of my make up! It looks so much smoother!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product.

As the product suggests, it did seem to make my pores look smooth. I didn't find it made my skin matte, and if I used a little too much it made my foundation look cakey and/or slide around on my face. I know other people who felt similarly. However, there were times when it made my makeup look amazing ALL day. My skin changes a lot throughout the year (it's combination and very fickle), so maybe that's why this product worked better for me for a while.

However, I will not repurchase this product. I find it breaks my skin out really badly. It took me a long time to figure out the connection, but if I use it for only a day or two my skin is redder and broken out by the time I take my makeup off at the end of the day. This isn't to say that this primer will do this for everyone. I know people who have used it who have had no real change to their skin after using this primer. It just didn't work out for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many good things about this primer... But I don't really know. I don't love it, I don't hate it either. I've tried the "drugstore dupe" of this, Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser and I must say, the porefessional IS MUCH BETTER. It lasts longer and is way more mattifying. As for my pores, they looked the same? I still think it's a good product though, I just expected more from it. And I really like that this didn't make my makeup slip and slide. Most primers have that effect on my oily skin (Maybelline's Baby Skin). So that's a plus for me. Hope this helps a little! Haha

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes me look so orange. I glanced through a few reviews and didn't see anyone else say this. I know it's this primer that's causing me to look orange. I hate it too because I really like a few of my other Benefit products.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer is pretty good but the Maybelline Baby Skin primer is an almost perfect dupe for Porefessional. In fact, I had my husband help me do a blind test of the two products and I could not, for the life of me, tell the two products apart. They both did exactly the same thing, performed exactly the same way, had exactly the same effect in every way. They even smell similar. So why pay more? The tubes are even about the same darn size! If I can't tell the difference, I refuse to pay $30 for Porefessional when Baby Skin will do. Maybe you'll feel the same way after reading this review. I first found out about both of these product from youtube from separate videos several weeks apart from different beauty gurus. It didn't occur to me that maybe they were similar until I noticed that I was getting similar results. I was broke after running out of Porefessional so I bought Baby Skin. But it freaked me out that it was identical to Porefessional in every way. So I started using Baby Skin regularly. When I had some extra cash, I bought another Porefessional and was disappointed that it wasn't better than Baby Skin, so I returned it. I really like Baby Skin and I really like Porefessional. Both are equally awesome. But why spend $30? So Baby Skin it is!! I recommend Porefessional because it does make pores disappear, controls oil most of the time, especially for combo skin, and it gives makeup a nice smooth appearance. But so does Baby Skin for a fractions of the price. So you be the judge. For my money, it's Baby Skin all the way! I'm just sayin'.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Primer is one of those things I've come to the decision is not 100% a necessity for my makeup routine any longer. I prefer to use it most days because it does create a more fresh canvas to work with prior to foundation application. However, I haven't met a primer that is worth the hype, money, or extra time. Since I have a seemingly endless supply of samples of all sorts, I almost always use a primer. The POREfessional gained a lot of recognition via YouTube a year or two ago, which naturally sparked my curiosity. I've used several sample tubes of this, but don't think I would splurge on a full-sized tube ($31 for 0.75 oz.). (Luckily, there is a mini version available at $12 for .025 oz.!) Firstly, I do not have an issue with large pores. However, I do have very oily skin, which this primer definitely helps keep at bay. When it comes to face primers, I do prefer a silicone-based primer because I like their silky, lightweight texture. My HG primer is still Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. This is definitely worth a shot, especially if you are someone whom prominent pores are an issue. Benefit is one of my favorite brands because many of their products are available for purchase in travel size.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sized Porefessional and fell in love with it. Makes my pores disappear and made my skin so smooth. It also helped in minimising redness around my nose. I have already ordered the full sized one. For those saying it doesn't work, maybe you're using a water based foundation. This primer doesn't work with water based foundations such as the MUFE Ultra HD. Try it with some other foundation.

I didn't like this at all. I tried it with several different foundations and it made all of them separate after a few hours, and I didn't notice a difference in more pores. I have dry/dehydrated skin so it may work better for oily skin.

Popular Primer/ Correctors