BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/29/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a travel size version of this and have used multiple sample foils over the years. It is an okay primer for me. I have oily skin and I don't think it really helps with oil, although I don't think that's one of the product claims. I suppose it helps my makeup stay put a big longer, I have no evidence to the contrary. However, it is a bit pricey and honestly, I can use other primers that come in cheaper. The NYX Angel Veil is a pretty good one in the winter for me. I'm currently testing a few high end primers for summer use but they're all high end brands. The NYX Pore Eraser and the Shine Free one are pretty good for the money if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Porefessional. I won't buy again, unless it comes in a value pack or something like that.

on 6/24/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ive repurchased this primer many times, great for keeping you matte and smoothing out the skin.

on 6/24/2015 12:45:00 AM

I found this to be a really smoothing primer and you could definitely tell it was high end. However it's pricey for what you get out of it, while a little does go a long way, there are many cheaper primers on the market.

Have used it for a couple of weeks already. It does actually help to lengthen the wear of my concealer (Maybelline Fit Me). Application of the concealer is also smoother and easier to blend out when this is used. I do not think that it helps much with the visibility of pores. Also, it always leaves a powdery finish which i really do not like.

on 6/21/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pricey, but it works. A little goes a long way if used properly.

I've been using this for about 6 months and really like the results. I apply it after moisturizing and primer. I apply it only on the areas of my face that have visible pores (apples of my cheeks, tip of nose and above my eyebrows for some reason).

I find that the key with this product is to gently pat it into the skin where you need it, don't rub. You also need to give it a minute or two to set before applying your foundation, powder or sunscreen. Unless I am in a massive rush, I always 'schedule' 5-6 additional minutes (total) to my makeup routine in order to allow my moisturizers, primers, pore fillers and base products to set. It has really made a huge improvement to the performance of my various products.

I have used The POREfessional alone and it does work well at filling the pores. I have to use a light hand because it can leave a slightly chalky cast on my skin if it's not given time to absorb properly.

I've had no problems adding a bead or two on top of my finished makeup....it did not alter the color of my products. I will definitely continue to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it worked okay but not as well as my hg primer, the hourglass veil primer

on 6/19/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Does not work at all if you have large pores and bad skin. Totally a waste of money and anticipation.

on 6/16/2015 7:46:00 AM

I love this primer!! It feels really nice on the skin and doesn't make me feel oily. It's definitely a great primer for my foundation to adhere to. This is a must have in my makeup collection and one of my all time favorite primer. I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a pore filling primer! This also goes great with all my foundation.

on 6/15/2015 11:23:00 PM

I've only been using this for a few days and so far, I'm really enjoying it. It fills in pores perfectly and the tint really works to even out my skin tone for a nicer, more even application of foundation. The formula is quite drying though so if you happen to have dry skin, I suggest you moisturize, moisturize and moisturize before even thinking of trying out this product but with me being oily, I quite like it and it works well for me. The trick is to definitely apply it by pressing it into the skin, concentrating on wherever you have large pores. Anyone with half a brain knows that liquid that you put on your skin needs time to set and porefessional is absolutely no different. If you slap this on your skin and follow it immediately with foundation, of course it's going to move! You need to let it sit for at least a couple of minutes before applying anything else on top.
If my view on this product changes or it breaks me out, i will add an edit but so far so good :)

on 6/11/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As good as it gets.

This isn't a magic wand, but does as much as it can to blur pores, lines, and even rosacea for me. Many other lines offer their version of this product as a cream or a primer, but I've never found one as effective as this.

Application is key. Dab, not wipe, into those pores and fine lines. Be stingy. Wait a minute - just a minute - and proceed with foundation. Haven't tried it with a powdered mineral foundation, so don't know what the powder+kabuki brush would do to the effect. I find it doesn't move when applying a liquid, gel, or cream with a buffing brush.

It DOES work well on its own, though if I've got the time to apply it, I've usually got the time to apply BB cream over it. The effect lasts for me long after the BB cream has worn off.

Only gripe - these silicone based products are expensive, even though silicone is cheap. Benefit whipped up a super formula with this one, though, so I'll have to keep shelling out for my annual tube.