October 2, 2014 | 1193 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by elodea229

i bought this palette because there are so many hype about how good this palette is, but no. Just no. It is an ok palette with an ok colours but nothing really special about it though, except for the pigmentation and staying power. I am actually disappointed with this palette because i put my hopes so high, that i thought this will be the love of my life just like the rest of you guys, but no.
The colour half baked that so many people talked about didn't work for me. The colour is just average, nothing special about it just like the other colours. The colour creep and gunmetal doesn't look appealing to me so don't really use them. There are only 3 colours that i gravitate towards to which are sidecar, hustle and toasted but thats it.
I find myself reaching for the naked3 more often than this palette because the colours are so much more unique and i love it. Plus my other palettes has better colours than this palette does. so yeah, i wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's an oldy but a goody. Neutral palettes come and go but Naked really is a good solid staple palette that has stood the test of time and just as popular now as when it was first released.

I have a good variety of neutral palettes in my stash which also include naked 2 and 3, but there's just something about the original that makes it appealing to revisit time and time again. Urban decay shadows are great quality and this very versatile palette does not disappoint. It does only contain two mattes but combined with one of the Naked basics palettes works beautifully for a huge variety of combinations.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's not BROWN ITS ORANGE! Why is this only me???

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

I may be the only person who doesn't love this. It's expensive. You get a small amount of shadow in a bulky compact. I love the shades but maybe I'm just becoming an old lady or something because all the sparkle is just too much for me. The texture is above average but wet n wild is so much cheaper and way better texture with no fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by CarmelaM

LOVE this. The colours are so beautiful. Such a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by thatbarrelracer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the NAKED2 palette first. i fell absolutely in love with it. then I got the other two. This palette is amazing. i think it's for anyone. it's a little pricey, but it's so worth it. don't walk, run. buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by laraheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pigmented. Wide range of wearable colors. Long wearing shadows.

If you don't have a ton of neutral eyeshadows, this is a great palette to invest in. I would recommend it to my sisters and I would repurchase it if I finished mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

I'm the kind of person who likes a relatively small collection of high quality makeup, and usually find what I need at the drugstore. I only splurge when I'm looking for very specific shades of makeup,and great value plus quality as showcased by this palette. I firmly believe that this is the best eyeshadow palette ever made. Other brands like too faced and lorac among others have tried hard to create something similar but failed in my opinion. Even Urban Decay could not duplicate it in other versions of the palette, which I think are unnecessary to own. The quality of eyeshadow is incredible, the undertones of the eyeshadows are neutral, making them highly flattering for a multitude of looks and the shades themselves are so chic and beautiful. I don't understand the people complaining this is " too warm". If they are going by the shades naked and buck, I would disagree. Shades like Mac's soft brown, handwritten are warm not these. And for sure naked 2 does not translate as cool at all if offered as an alternative. There's nothing like Mac's omega, copperplate, patina to be found there. So this palette is entirely neutral and I honestly don't understand why some complain about it not suiting their colouring. Also, for those thinking of purchasing this palette, please disregard the idiotic comments about this palette not suiting dark eyes. Most people on this planet have dark eyes, brown, which happen to be neutral and therefore suit all color eyeshadows under the sun objectively speaking. Plummy shades like toasted and hustle are made for brown and green eyes, half baked enhances their "melting" quality and gunmetal really makes them pop. The rest of the shades are equally gorgeous and flattering. Another advantage of dark eyes is that they can take a lot of makeup because of their depth and intensity, and incredibly unique shades like darkhorse make amazing smoky eyes happen that will never look too much or done up. I'll end this review by saying that purchasing this palette really allowed me to streamline my eyeshadow collection due to its amazing range of shades that I wear again and again, as they suit all occasions. For a minimalist, this palette and the naked basics are all you need for every look possible ( neutrals only).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i bought into the hype a got this palette. i regretted it soon after because i dont find myself reaching for as many colors as i thought. the color pay off is great and they last but just not practical for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this palette and how pigmented all the colors are. I could not live without this palette. Any eye shadow made by Urban Decay is amazing! This is a must have in your make up collection. It is definitely worth splurging for!