December 19, 2014 | 1070 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite naked compared to the naked trilogy. I have all of them, but yet this is still my favorite. If you tapped the brush to remove excess eyeshadow then you will not getting any fallout, but if you still do, just clean it with powder brush and it will gone. This is so pigmented compared to any other eyeshadow brand (stila, too faced, i am talking to you). I know its a bit pricey but it consist lots of colors so it is worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Sanaebrahim

This is my FAVORITE eyeshadow palette. The colors are AMAZING and the quality of the eyeshadow's are superb! I've never really been a fan of eyeshadow palettes before. I always preferred individual eyeshadows. But after hearing about all the naked palettes, I went ahead and bought this! It was hard to choose which palette to get, but I decided to go with the first one.
It works so well. It's pigmented, and the colors apply on beautifully. I've had the palette for exactly a year now and it's not even almost finished. My favorite shadow is the half baked one. It's such a beautiful gold! I use this palette every time I go to a party, outing, event, or wedding. It's amazing, I'm in love. I'm going to buy the number 2 naked palette tomorrow. Hopefully I'll love that one just as much! I'll def be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mkr7654321

I've had my naked one palette for a year and a half now, and there are barely dents in the shadows, despite me using it almost everyday. it's a very good value considering I feel like it's all the eye shadow I need. I also have naked 3 and love it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by katerdpher51

I have both Naked 1 and 2, plus Naked Basics (1). I like them all. Naked 1 is a given for me with its warmer undertones compared to Naked 2.

My only real complaint is the amount of sparkle/glitter. I've got a ton of palettes and seem to keep them in rotation, so I go through spurts when I like the sparkle (generally that's in the colder months for me) and during the summer months, I'd rather be more matte.

Some complain of fall-out; I have just made it a habit to tap the excess off my brush regardless of the brand. I don't have trouble with them then.

I use a primer with all shadows and find that works the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loooooove this. A lot!

I have been eyeing this up for a VERY long time. Every time I would pass by an urban decay counter I would stare at this and swatch it longingly. Naked2 looked too taupey for me (I own satin taupe by mac and don't really enjoy it. Taupes seem to make look sick) while Naked3 was too pinky, which I assumed would clash with my yellow undertone. The only reason why I took so long to buy Naked1 was because I didn't think the really warm colours would work due to my yellow sallow skin tone and flat light brown/blonde hair.

I recently dyed my hair a rich warm vibrant brown and its what inspired me to take the plunge because I knew the warmth of my hair and some fake-tan would be a great match with these colours.

The colours work like magic! I knew these colours wouldn't have worked with my old hair because colours like woodwinked and half baked always looked so harsh, but now they complement me nicely. I now can get away with loads of bronzer, which works so well with these eyeshadows.

There are endless eyeshadow combinations I can come up with just looking at them. Everyone is saying that they don't work with pale skin but I was suprised to see some really do. I am pretty pale myself and virgin, sin and sidecar work perfectly on the lid for a barely-there but better-than-natural look. There is shimmer but it is subtle and appropriate for every day. It is just enough to give a bit of light to the eye. To tone them down for work put either naked or buck in the crease, or if you work in a really conservative enviornment then virign/a paint pot over the lid and naked/buck in the crease on their own.

For the weekend I do enjoy a bit of shimmer so darkhorse and hustle are excellent crease colours. Some of the reviews say they blend into a muddy mess, but trust me I use cheap brushes and I am far from talented at eyeshadow application and I somehow manage to get beautifully defined eyes from these colours without very much effort at all. There is a small amount of fall-out but not a lot at all, like some people were saying.

Smog and half-baked are beautiful golden colours and I agree, cooler skin tones will find it hard to pull them off. I already owned half-baked from a previous palette and hated it but somehow the one here is beautiful and subtle, and works perfectly with the darker colours.

If you go out a lot at night, for dinner or clubbing or somewhere fancy again you are sorted. Gunmetal is quite grungy and blue toned, probably my least favourite shadow, only because blue doesn't tend to flatter me. Creep gives definition to any look, but its not the most pigmented black I own but it's handy to have in the palette.

So many options and so many occasions! I really don't know why I bothered buying mac. I can see why Naked Basics would be useful (more options for work), but for now I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

I love the velvet packaging and magnetic closure and MUCH prefer it to the tin one. Something just feels so luxurious about it, not to mention so much easier to open and close!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Fantastic product! I have had this palette for agessss and still love it!
iv given 4 for the price because its on the expensive side, but the colours are really highly pigmented and you only need a small amount.
In some of the other reviews people has spoked about the fallout, but I think this is because the shadows are so soft sometimes your brush can get overloaded with product which can easily fall off the brush when applying. I find if you put a small amount on and then build the colour then its fine, with the shadows being so soft it means they blend so well and you can create loads of different looks.
iv given 4 for the packaging because it does a good overall job of keeping the shadows inside nice and clean and damage free but the only problem is that its made from a felt/velvet type material and mine has become marked and faded over time, which the new naked palettes 2/3 this has been changed to a metal case which seems much better. I would of given it a 3 for packaging but I decided 4 because of the really useful mirror in the lid.
My sister has just bought the naked palette 2 and that one also looks really good, maybe even better. When this one is all gone (this could take forever) I think I will get that one next for a change

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Johnna1123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know I am definitely in the minority here but I did not like this at all and returned it. The fallout was horrible, and the glitter all over my face I just could not stand. I feel I gave it a fair shot as I tried it with many primers and a variety of very good quality brushes. When I think about the quality of some of my wet and wild palettes I cannot justify the cost or the aggravation of using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by babypalmtree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this palette years ago and after I managed to finish the whole palette I never repurchased it again, as I wanted to try Naked 2 (too cool for my skin, so I gave it away to my friend). Naked 3 comes round, and God do I regret buying that thing.

So last month I was in Sephora and decided to treat myself to the original Naked palette. I realised how much I missed this palette!!!! I found some bronzey eyeshadows to drown out my brown eyes, but the bronzes and browny warm undertones in this palette do wonders for my eyes. The pigmentation is spot on, something Naked 3 didn't have. The price is expensive, but you also have to keep in mind that these are full size shadows and you're getting a much better deal than if you were to buy all these separately - as well as a brush and the UDPP (which they now have in samples which I think is quite pathetic honestly). The only thing I'm not too keen on is the mucky velvet packaging, but that's mainly personal preference as I hate anything with velvet on it.

I also own the Naked Basics and I feel with the Naked palette it's all I'll ever need and more. I've done other people's makeup with this palette, and whatever their skin colour, eye type, eye colour, eye shape, eye size, whatever, the shadows always look beautiful. I feel like this palette is a no problem palette - meaning that whatever occasion or whatever your level of skills in doing makeup is, you'll be fine with this palette.

In terms of longevity, I can't really give you an honest review as any eyeshadow I wear I always wear the UDPP under it as my eyes are like oily frying pans. I'd say my favourite shades are: Toasted, Half Baked, Naked, Buck and Smog. If someone were to steal all my eyeshadows (highly doubt that would happen) and they only let me keep one thing, it would for sure be this palette. Along with my naked basics, none of my MAC or Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows are ever used.

If you're contemplating what palette to get for others this Christmas or for yourself, I would say just stick to the original one - it is the best one. It's the least intimidating out of the 3 palettes, and I actually gave away the Naked 3 to my friend as she would practically drool over the palette whenever she was at my house. I myself am surprised at how well the colours in this palette suit me, as like I stated earlier normally browns drown out my brown eyes, but these colours are much more wearable in tone and colour for my skin tone and eye colour than the Naked 3 or Naked 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by artistrybyhan

The old faithful of my make up collection, I've had this for a number of years and it's still going strong! The colours blend well, are highly pigmented, easy to apply and last all day! I would say this pallet is petty much flawless and there is a colour for both day and evening looks, whatever you wish to create really! The only downside I can think of is because of the high pigmentation, sometimes the sparkly shades can be a little too shimmery. Other than that, it's perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this product since the beginning of time but never could get myself to pay $54.00 bucks for it. Until I learned about Sephora's amazing return policy and had another urban decay palette (ammo) which I really wasn't getting much use out of it. I traded it in and got this beauty for only 20 bucks different.

So far I love it like I knew I would. I love the slick packaging. Velvet case with gold lettering its def eye catching. Magnetic closing makes this bad boy perfect for traveling. The colors are amazing. I am a woman of color and have always gravitated to bronze and gold hues. Its not one shadow in this palette I couldn't see myself using. SMOG is my all time favorite. I literally use this product at work as well when I go out. You can create so many versatile looks. Work I normally just wear maybe a lid color but on weekends I like to pop a little something dark in my crease. Urban decay shadows are always pigmented and have a smooth and velvet texture when applied. Now some colors might not show up as well on my natural lid so I might have to use the NYX milk pencil for color intensity. (NO BIGGIE) I'm not a big fan of the brush...in my opinion its a little straw like. Its still nice a palette comes with a brush however. After buying this eye shadow palette...I'm sure I wont need another.