September 2, 2014 | 1764 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by laraheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pigmented. Wide range of wearable colors. Long wearing shadows.

If you don't have a ton of neutral eyeshadows, this is a great palette to invest in. I would recommend it to my sisters and I would repurchase it if I finished mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

I'm the kind of person who likes a relatively small collection of high quality makeup, and usually find what I need at the drugstore. I only splurge when I'm looking for very specific shades of makeup,and great value plus quality as showcased by this palette. I firmly believe that this is the best eyeshadow palette ever made. Other brands like too faced and lorac among others have tried hard to create something similar but failed in my opinion. Even Urban Decay could not duplicate it in other versions of the palette, which I think are unnecessary to own. The quality of eyeshadow is incredible, the undertones of the eyeshadows are neutral, making them highly flattering for a multitude of looks and the shades themselves are so chic and beautiful. I don't understand the people complaining this is " too warm". If they are going by the shades naked and buck, I would disagree. Shades like Mac's soft brown, handwritten are warm not these. And for sure naked 2 does not translate as cool at all if offered as an alternative. There's nothing like Mac's omega, copperplate, patina to be found there. So this palette is entirely neutral and I honestly don't understand why some complain about it not suiting their colouring. Also, for those thinking of purchasing this palette, please disregard the idiotic comments about this palette not suiting dark eyes. Most people on this planet have dark eyes, brown, which happen to be neutral and therefore suit all color eyeshadows under the sun objectively speaking. Plummy shades like toasted and hustle are made for brown and green eyes, half baked enhances their "melting" quality and gunmetal really makes them pop. The rest of the shades are equally gorgeous and flattering. Another advantage of dark eyes is that they can take a lot of makeup because of their depth and intensity, and incredibly unique shades like darkhorse make amazing smoky eyes happen that will never look too much or done up. I'll end this review by saying that purchasing this palette really allowed me to streamline my eyeshadow collection due to its amazing range of shades that I wear again and again, as they suit all occasions. For a minimalist, this palette and the naked basics are all you need for every look possible ( neutrals only).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought into the hype a got this palette. i regretted it soon after because i dont find myself reaching for as many colors as i thought. the color pay off is great and they last but just not practical for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this palette and how pigmented all the colors are. I could not live without this palette. Any eye shadow made by Urban Decay is amazing! This is a must have in your make up collection. It is definitely worth splurging for!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by noie77

I absolutely love this palette! It can be used for everyday makeup look as well as for a night makeup. The colors are very pretty and the pigmentation is really good. The eyeshadows are really good quality, and the metallic ones are very long wearing. I recommend this palette to everyone starting a makeup collection or someone who has a lot of palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Most number of brown shades: Virgin, Sin, Buck, Half Baked, and Dark Horse
5 new shades
2 mattes (Naked and Buck), 10 shimmery/satiny colors
Shades include: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)

Virgin is a very pale shimmery (slightly frosty) nude beige.
Sin is pale pink with a frosty finish.
Naked is a matte medium beige-brown.
Sidecar is a shimmery medium bronze brown. It has slight red undertone.
Buck is a deeper beige-brown than Naked.
Half Baked is a coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish.
Smog is a medium dark bronze.
Darkhorse is a deep chocolate brown with hints of bronze.
Toasted is a medium dark brown with a pink shimmery finish.
Hustle is a dark plum chocolate brown with a shimmer finish.
Creep is a blue-black shimmer with medium amount of glitter.
Gunmetal is a blue toned metallic gray.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by miiyuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

i don't see the hype about this product. seems like regular eyeshadow to me. i use it daily though for everyday look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this when it was the only Naked palette out. I have fair skin with cool undertones and a tendency to redness (rosacea). This a great palette, but I think it's better suited for people with warm-toned skin. I have since gotten the Naked 2 palette and I use that a lot more.

The formula is great. I LOVE Urban Decay eyeshadows. They're so smooth and buttery. Great application. Great pigmentation; even better when applied wet. I've used the primer that comes with this a couple times and I think it increases the vibrancy of the shadows, but I didn't pay much attention to whether the shadow lasted longer with the primer vs. without. I've never tried other primers so I can't compare either. I find that UD shadows usually last well; sometimes they crease but my lids tend to be oily and I don't mind touching up.

There are tons of swatches and shade descriptions out there for this palette so I won't go into all of that. What I will say is that Virgin and Naked don't show up on my skin at all. I do sometimes use Naked as a base or to even out the skin on my lids if I want to look like I'm not wearing makeup. Buck is basically a deeper shade of the same nude/brown hue that Naked is, so if I'm going for that no-makeup look I also use Buck in my creases to help contour a bit.

Hustle is GORGEOUS on blue eyes. My favorite shade of the palette. Gunmetal is also gorgeous, but since it has blue undertones I think it would look better on brown eyes. I still love it though and often wear it with black shadow when I go out.

I used to use Smog as an all-over eyelid color before I got Naked 2, but I've found shades in Naked 2 are more flattering on me. Something about colors like Smog and Toasted bring out red tones in my skin. It's a shame.

The shades I never touch are Sidecar (the glitter is too big), Half Baked (a shimmery gold that really does not flatter my skin - I was disappointed that of all shades, this was the one to appear in both palettes), and Toasted (I used to mix this with Hustle and it worked okay but now I just reach for shades in Naked 2).

Creep is a black with fine silver glitter. It's a nice alternative to matte black if you're looking for a little something extra, but if you prefer matte shades you might be disappointed. I think that about sums up this palette - only a few matte shades, and those shades are basic colors (like Naked and Buck) - the rest are shimmery or glittery. I used to only wear matte shades but shimmer has grown on me (though I still don't like glitter). But be forewarned - if you hate shimmer, you won't find enough shades in this palette to make it worth buying.

I love that there's such a range of "neutral" eyeshadow shades in one easy palette. I've never had problems with the magnet closure opening during travel. I don't like the velvet finish to the palette or the gold letters, because the velvet gets dusty and the gold letters peel off. But as long as it's not opening up in my luggage I don't care too much about the packaging.

The mirror isn't huge but it's a decent size. Naked 2 has a heavier top and a larger mirror, which was nice at first but I've found that when I open it and set it on the counter it always tips backwards with the weight of the mirror. The original Naked never does that so that's a point in its favor.

When I bought this the eyeliner was no longer included; instead it came with a one-sided brush. It's not terrible but I usually use other brushes.

All in all, I think this is a really great palette for those with warm-toned skin, providing you like shimmer shadows. I used this every day before I got Naked 2, but not as frequently since. I say if you have cool-toned skin, don't bother with this palette. I will eventually use most of these shadows up, even if that means mixing them with other shadows, but I will not purchase again.

I don't regret buying this because this is a really good price for UD. Even if I never use Sidecar, Half Baked, or Toasted again, this is still a steal when you compare the prices of individual shadows to the price of this palette. I can totally see why these palettes are cult favorites. Just do your research/swatching to discover which of the three palettes is best for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kenka

I really liked this product, it may be a little expensive for my personal opinion, but it is very good,, however I did not like the primer that it came with,,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

This could be your HG palette. Plenty of nice neutral colors that tend to lean warm, and look at all these 5 lippie reviews. However, if you are older, like me, the shimmer shades do not work so well with my crepey lids. "Sin" for example, looks smooth on my 20 year old daughter, but on me, looks uneven. Some shimmers are better than others for me. For example, the ones in the LORAC pro palette seem to go on more smoothly. I also like the L'Oreal Infallibles. If you want an awesome matte palette, Paula's Choice can't be beat.

The other thing I would note about Naked 1 is that this palette lacks a matte vanilla/cream shade for the highlight area. "Virgin" is most often used as a highlight, but I don't really like to shine up the area just below my eyebrows! I think you are better off using Virgin as an inner corner highlight. For travel, forget this (it's too big and bulky) and it does not have a secure latch. I would highly recommend the Naked Basics Palette for travel.