April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Ultrabalm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by petitelove

It is a vegan, safe, but expensive alternative to Vaseline (natural petroleum jelly). That is really all there is to it. I have to admit that it does moisturize your lips very well, even on windy and cold days, but initially has a "grainy" feel to it when you smack your lips together. This feeling goes away if you warm up the product with your hands first, or keep on rubbing your lips together (so I guess the grains are due to the ingredients setting).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hosullivan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by loulouhex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everything burns or irritates my skin. This doesn't. I use it all over my face including undereye. It leaves my skin looking and feeling perfect. I've also been using it on a nasty poison ivy scar: after a week it's faded exponentially.

Simple and effective. It has three ingredients and comes in a simple, recyclable aluminum tin. Unlike most of Lush's products; it has no added perfume. I think the resulting scent is neutral: like Vaseline. Neither pleasing or offensive. However after using it for a week, I've come to view it as the scent of calmed skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin159

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by xxBeautyObsessedxx

I do like this balm but it feels grainy, and whenever I apply on my lips (and anywhere else) I can feel the texture of the little grains. When I rub/warm the product up they dissolve, but it's not convenient to do that whenever I want to use it.. I wonder if I just got a bad one. But I can't fully enjoy it and it's not exactly cheap either. A bit disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A pretty decent balm for the price. I wouldn't really call it a "balm" though......more like a greasy cream....unless mine is just always melty since I live in southern Cali? Yes, it smells truly horrible but it does moisturize. I have mainly been using it on my seasonal eczema patches and psoriasis....eeeh(I know, my skin is jacked up). I've also used it on lips,hands,and the cut buddies. I have an arsenal of random salves and balms for my skin issues and this one is just...ok. If you like this, you'd love Waxelene......just sayin'.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this, but don't love it as much as I expected to.

I have persistent dry patches on and around my lips, and Ultrabalm seems to have helped some with that, without causing breakouts. You do need to reapply often, though.

I'm not really crazy about the cucumber-y scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'll use up this tin, but I'll probably try something else next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by fenomenoide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lush is my go-to brand ever since i stopped using animal tested products, of the few things I've used, no product has disappointed me and this isn't the exception.I've used this on mosquito bites, some minor cuts,cuticles and pretty much everything and I have to say this is the BEST balm ever, it is kind of expensive but since you don't need a lot I guess this is going to last for ages, I would definitely repurchase and recommend.