April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jess2133

When I first tried this mascara I absolutely hated it. It made my lashes clump and the formula was all wet and heavy. I tried it again after wiping off the mascara from the wand and the results were okay, it didn't clump and it lengthened and volumised my lashes. My main problem with this mascara, and with almost every mascara I've tried, is the smudging. Even though it's waterproof, it still gave me panda eyes after 5 hours. If not for the smudging, it would be a decent mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

The tube I have looks the same as the picture posted but the brush is black and curved a little. The brush is crap as it flexes and bends while I try to apply. If the brush was better I would really this. It doesn't smudge all day and holds a curl well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

This is my holy grail drugstore mascara! My lashes are quite thin and point straight down, so there are a lot of things I look for in a good mascara. My greatest gripe is that while many mascaras can provide length and volume, they cannot hold the curl at all! With almost all of the others I've tried (Revlon, L'Oreal, CoverGirl... all of their mascaras), my lashes started drooping in less than 15 minutes. This does not do that :D!

[ PROS ]
- Truly waterproof
- Does not smudge throughout the workday
- Holds a curl for more than 12 hours
- Makes my lashes look a lot longer
- Provides enough volume
- Does not clump easily like some other popular mascaras (i.e. LashBlast)
- Does not cause irritation (my doctor told me I'm prone to styes)
- Does not cause problems when I wear contact lenses

[ CONS ]
- After about 12 hours, slight smudging will occur after a nap or if I rub my eyes

This is just an amazing mascara and I will continue to repurchase it! Do not bother with the regular version though, as the waterproof is just far superior in every way :).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this mascara for a couple of years now, and have repurchased it countless times. I am a huge mascara junkie because I don't wear false lashes due to the fact that I have been wearing mascara for so many years, it takes me significantly less time to curl my lashes and apply several coats of mascara than it does to apply false lashes. I am also just naturally horrible at applying false lashes for some reason lol.
I have tried numerous brands and types of mascaras trying to achieve my perfect lash look, and I'm willing to say this is the best mascara I have ever used. It lives up to its name "the falsies". My lashes look longer, thicker, and hold curl very well with this mascara. I like the waterproof version of this better than the original, but I usually always use waterproof formulas since they hold curl more effectively and flake less. This is definitely a waterproof formula, so make sure to use a waterproof eye makeup remover (my favorites are Neutrogena, Almay, and Clinique). I haven't experienced much clumping with this mascara, and the formula is much more fluid-like and less dry than other waterproof mascaras. The tube will normally last around 3-4 months, which may be slightly shorter than other mascaras, but Maybelline is very affordable and usually goes on sale at drug stores. As long as this mascara is on the market , I will continue to buy it and will definitely recommend this to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- do not smudge
- do not flakes off
- holds the curls for the whole day
- fragrance free
- do not irritate my eyes

Cons:
- SO HARD TO REMOVE!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SpiffieCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidently bought the waterproof version and let me tell you, it is definitely water proof. Though this is one of my favorite mascaras. It separates my lashes and adds enough volume. Sometimes there will be clumps, but this is more of a wetter formula. It's easy to apply and the brush has a little curve to it. I'm loving it, minus the fact it's a booger to wash off with just water.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is alright i like the blue bottle the most but i just got this one too and it's alright doesn't make my lashes any longer and doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute HG mascara. I am on my 9th tube now, I think. I do like to layer it with L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black for extra drama. I do find it dries out a little quick, but I don't mind since i can grab it at Walmart for 6 bucks. it is the one mascara that always does the job others can't do. Length, definition and volume. What more could you ask for? Will keep repurchasing!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by molllym

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't ever buy waterproof mascaras because they're so difficult to remove, but I received this as a gift. It gives good length and definitely makes my lashes thick, but does clump. My eyelashes are naturally long and thick, so the clumping is really obvious. However this definitely makes my eyelashes more visible.

If you have sparse, short lashes this will be great for you because it will make them obvious, visible, long and thick. This is also a good mascara if you want a dramatic look but don't mind the clumps (or the tedious removal process!).

Overall a decent mascara but not what I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Calumae

This is one of my favourite mascaras! I love the lengthening effect it gives my lashes. It doesn't give my lashes a lot of volume but it does a great job separating my lashes for a clump-free look. I'm not a huge fan of the flexible brush because it can get a bit messy when you're applying if you're not careful! This stuff is waterproof and smudge proof for me and holds my curl all day. (I only use waterproof mascaras because a non-waterproof mascaras, even CD Diorshow, lose the curl within two minutes of my applying it. Overall, this is a great mascara to try out!

Pros:
-lengthens and separates lashes for a clump-free look
-holds curl all day
-waterproof and smudge-proof
-relatively inexpensive for a good mascara (I bought mine for about $7-8 at Shoppers Drug Mart)

Cons:
-flexible wand can be messy if you're not careful
-doesn't add much volume for two coats of mascara