January 31, 2015 | 1354 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2015 7:59:00 PM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just not impressed with this mascara, I first have to use too many coats and then it fakes or usually I just use a mascara primer then a coat of this, but it does not impress me at all...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 9:39:00 AM More reviews by timelessface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara last week and I have been wearing it everyday since then. I mainly bought it because makeup you-tubers have been giving it good reviews. This is a dry formula which has not been an issue for me. I think the dry formula is great. I have naturally curly eye lashes so wet formulas tend to splatter on my eye lid when i apply. The want is curved which allows me to reach the outer edges of my lashes. Typically, with other mascaras, when I take the wand out of the tube i end up having to wipe the bristles off on the insides to get rid of the excess. With Falsies i didn't have to do that. I could apply right away. There was no clumping. After wearing it from 7am - 6:30pm at work, i did not notice any fall out. I really really like this mascara! It was less than $7 at Target and for makeup in Toronto, thats a good price since our prices tend to be a bit higher than in the states. It removes well. I use the Ponds Cold creme all over my face then use a warm wash clothe to remove it and it does fine. The only con is that I really have to work my lashes to get it to come off well, but I dont spend more than like 30 seconds rubbing gently with my finger tips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 1:20:00 PM More reviews by trishalubo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly really like this mascara. Yes it would clump, but you just have to be careful at applicating this. When it says water proof, it really is water proof. I have a hard time removing this even with w make up remover. I would have to scrub my eyes many times before it actually comes off.

It holds a curl very nicely. I have unnoticeable lashes and this really makes them much thicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 10:54:00 AM More reviews by carrajay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

After seeing all the rave reviews, I felt like I had to see what the hype was all about and picked up a tube. At first, I really didn't understand what everyone was so impressed by - the mascara seemed really dry, clumped up my lashes so they looked thin and uneven, wouldn't layer properly and didn't hold a curl. I felt like the mascara wasn't really adhering to my eyelashes, maybe because of the brush.
After many months of neglecting it, I took the Falsies out again for Project 10 Pan. This time I was determined to get it to work, so I applied it with the tip of the wand before using the sides and WOAH. This actually gets a lot of mascara on, and allows it to build up wonderfully. I don't get that much length or volume with this but it's probably the best mascara I've found for holding a curl. It does give a false-lash look, in a way, because the look comes out quite feathery and defined. Right now, the only issues I have are that if I'm not careful, the fibres (I think?) can build up quite unevenly between each eye, and that it sometimes flakes, but that could be because my tube is old and almost dried out.
This is pretty cheap and has turned out to be reliable, so I would buy it again :3 Hope this is helpful for anyone who hasn't been able to make this product work for them!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 6:30:00 PM More reviews by klittlefield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why people say it doesn't hold a curl? I have stick straight Asian lashes and this holds my curl BEAUTIFULLY.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by l0vebuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! I previously tried the Falsies Flared and The Rocket by Maybelline which were really disappointing. But this one gives a lot of volume and length. Like A LOT of length. I don't think I've tried any other mascara that's made my lashes look this long. It also holds a curl pretty well. It's not the most natural look but that's the point I guess - "falsies". The only down side is that I don't like the spoon shaped brush, I feel like the side you're supposed to brush with doesn't have a lot of bristles so I kind of use all sides.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Terribly clumpy out of the tube but did not smudge on me. If you can get over the clumpiness it's not so bad, as my lashes didn't clump and not smudging was a big win for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this mascara, which is surprising because most Maybelline stuff doesn't work for me (irritates my eyes, etc). This holds a curl well and adds some length/ volume to my lashes after 2-3 coats. The waterproof claim is accurate because I've taken showers in this, slept in it (!) and it remains on. However, I wouldn't repurchase because I feel like waterproof formulas are too harsh for my lashes. This is tough to remove even with baby oil and I feel like more of my lashes come out because of the extra rubbing this takes. Otherwise, a solid purchase for those who need a waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mew900

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So i usually wear 1 -2 coats of this mascara ( I have very black lashes already) for like the first 1-2 weeks, it was horrible, the product kept smudging to my bottom lashes and gave me raccoon eyes. Then i stopped putting it on my bottom lashes, it didn't help much. I didn't want it to go waste so i just stuck with it and wiped the cover of my eyes when i could. When it started drying out, i liked it even more. I recommend opening it and waiting 1-2 weeks then then using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by msnola

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Agree with Vickie34. I used to own this and remembered that I liked it and couldn't remember why I stopped buying it. So, bought it again and now I remember. Nice volume. Looks great for about 30 seconds. Then my nicely curled lashes flatten out to straight. Over the remainder of the day, panda eyes set in. My oily lids just cannot take this mascara. I wind up with little black dots all over by upper lids. If you are dry lidded and have naturally curly lashes, this would be great. Otherwise, give a pass. Hard to believe that this is waterproof - sure doesn't act like it in the curling dept.