October 23, 2014 | 907 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Before starting with the short and simple review, I will say a few things. LOVE this stuff and definitely will repurchase as I am someone who treasures lightweight feeling, longevity of a product, and the appearance of a product.

CONS:
Quite drying at times (balm included).
Label rubs off overtime and is cheap over all (balm screw may slip off).
May come off as slightly expensive to some.

PROS:
Very lightweight over the lips and adds a matte look to the looks that I LOVE.
The balm adds moist to the lips so depending on what look you prefer, it's a very managable and versatile product.
Stains the lips for a long period of time (lasting longer than a gel or water-based tint).
Marker tip at the end of the stain is very direct and sturdy.
Shades vary nicely (Gothic, being my favourite).
Appears natural looking and can be brought up lively and unnatural.

Personally, I love this product and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by meldawn1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This could have been a good product. I bought the colour Fate. It went on well over my lips, and the lip balm sealed and softened my lips.

The downside: I've had about 4 of these and each of them dried up within a week of opening. Really disappointing. The lip balm broke in half on each of them. It was frustrating trying to shake enough lip stain down to the tip to get it to cover my lips.

A waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this in a deep berry color (I cannot recall the name as I threw it away a long time ago).
The color is absolutely beautiful, but I hate pretty much everything else about this product. I find it difficult to get an even color upon application and the balm broke in half right away. This also wears VERY unevenly and I end up with a ring of color on the outside of my lips. This is especially embarrasing with a deep color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I only have this in the colour Sweetheart Valentine 025. The following is my review on it:

These balm stains have really long lasting power which I really appreciate as it serves it function and I do not need to worry of my lipstick losing colour and have to keep reapplying. However, this particular colour STAINS my lips so bad. Even after using makeup remover, there is still some stain on my lips. It is also a little bit drying which cause the fine lines on my dry lips to be more obvious. I recommend using a lipbalm before the lip stain if you do not mind the pigmentation of the colour to be slighty less or using a lipbalm after applying the lipstain if you do not mind the lips being more glossy than matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well... its ok. I picked this up on a whim at Ulta because it was on sale for $5. I had intended to buy Gothic (dark red), but somehow was not paying attention and ended up buying Midnight- which, if you don't know, is an undeniably PURPLE in color. Slightly out of my comfort zone, but hey, why not give it a go?? Surely I have enough red lip products, I'll keep the purple one, I think to myself. I popped it open and slapped it on: The color was buildable, felt light, and was certainly longlasting. ZERO transfer, and only needs slight touch ups after eating. Unfortunately it applied slightly unevenly to my lips. There were patches that were darker even though they didn't have more product on them. (I have tried hard to exfoliate in those places, but the problem continues. Its not entirely noticeable, but still annoying.) Having read reviews, I took great care with the flimsy balm, but (I was determined not to be a statistic!) but it plopped off anyway. Drat. Having played around with this stain, I have come to the following conclusions:

1) This 'can' be worn alone (esp lighter colors), but in my personal opinion this works best in tandem with other products. I use this as a base, and apply lipstick and sometimes a gloss over that. It seems to help other lip colors stay on, and keeps your look somewhat intact for longer.

2) If you dislike the idea of rubbing a marker over your lips, do not buy this.

3) If you dislike lippies that initially have a strange smell, do not buy this.

4) If you are into thick, creamy, smooth lipsticks, this will be a no go for you. This is not a lipstick. It is literally a sharpie for your mouth.

5) The balm sucks.

Although I have pointed out more faults than benefits, I don't hate this product. It's different, sure, but I find it useful occasionally. I would consider buying a different color, if I were able to find it on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sallyekong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently bought this in Gothic (a deep red). Have used it about three times and will persevere for now - I use it as a base with NARS semi matte lipstick on top and it's pretty good...I use and reapply less lipstick throughout the day, and I always have a bit of colour underneath when the lipstick wears off, which is great!

It does apply unevenly - the outer lip takes the colour better than the inner area. I think that's the nature of a stained look - it's supposed to be slightly patchy.

I get a more even finish if I fill in my entire lip and then use my finger to spread the colour. This also helps to smudge the outer lipline, since it can look a bit harsh if you draw on a precise line. I also dab a bit more on if I see uneven patches and gently pat the colour in with my finger.

It also wears unevenly - I find it wears quicker towards the inside, so if you're not diligent with reapplication, you end up with a darker outline. Not a good look!!

I agree with the other posts that it seems to dry quickly - I'm only on application number 3 and the tip seems to be drying up already!!

As a base, it works really well - the fact that it's dry makes it easier for lipstick to go on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

The stain was too drying and the balm broke off right away.
Not my favorite Revlon lip product, they have so many nicer formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

Favorite lip product for people like me who do not like the stickiness of lip gloss, the pigmented color for casual days from lipstick and the close-to-no-color + super drying tinted lip balms!

The product:
-the lip balm is actually pretty decent, although convenient and travel friendly, but I usually just use my own lip balm (make sure you use a moisturizing one)
-the stain alone is very matte and could be drying to some people
( I don't have dry lips and a little scrub ahead works perfectly for me)
-it's a sheer layer of color but quite pigmented at the same time like you can still see your own lip color with one layer of this, it's the 'it's-my-lips-but-better' kind of product :)
-people actually can't tell i'm wearing lip color
-I use different color to match my outfits or cheek color and it does the perfect job at balancing out the colors but makes you look like you put nothing on (if that makes sense)
-comes in a variety of colors!!!
-best part of all, does not rub off easily (gotta use some oil to remove this)

Cons: probably the fact that the stain itself is matte and toward the dry side but for people who don't like the glossy and greasy finish of many lip products, this does the job

I have only tried Flame (red with hint of orange) and Passion (light berry toward the purple side). They both match fair asian skin tone perfectly :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first lipstain I've tried and I am actually impressed! I really need color on my lips but I hate how lipstick just rubs off as soon as you touch your lips on something. I have this in Victorian, on me it sort of looks like a sheer berry color. The marker tip kind of took some getting used to, and it felt sort of tingly as I put it on and it dried. The balm is great - it moisturizes just enough to combat the drying effects of the stain, and gives a nice sheen - not too shiny. It actually lasts! The only thing is that I would like to see the balm part in a retractable situation, I read the other reviews and I could totally see how this could fall off. I'll just be extra careful with it - I can't wait to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in sweet heart/Valentine. it is slightly minty. I think I may have reviewed it before. I love it now, at first I wasn't sure. it's long lasting, super pigmented and doesn't sink into lines or highlight dry lips as bad as most stains. I wanted more colors but the selection at my Wal-Mart wasn't that great and I didn't see any others I wanted. I was worried that they would be like the one I have which is an exact match to the color of the container and I didn't think it'd look good on me. At almost $10 a piece I didn't care to buy a bunch of unflattering colors.