December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got these makeup remover pads in a care package from my mother. I wear a lot of eye makeup and am always on the hunt for something that makes taking all that makeup off at night an easier task.

Now, these pads do a great job of removing the eye makeup. But, they are thin and small and it usually takes about two or three to get one eye completely clean. Even on light days where I am only wearing mascara it takes two pads to completely remove the makeup. So I went through one of these containers fairly quickly due to the fact that I had to use more than one per time I used them.

Secondly, this stuff BURNS. Even when I had my eyes closed as tightly as I could, my eyes were STILL burning. I don't know what is in this product that causes this burning, but it is so unbearable.

I plan on finishing the container I have and I do not plan on purchasing this item myself, ever. It's an okay price, and the packaging is alright but the burning and running out quickly is not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These oil-free eye makeup remover pads are effective for gently removing my eye makeup while also not drying out the skin. They are unscented and safe to use when I have lash extensions on. My makeup just seems to dissolve so quickly with one gentle swipe, which is great because I never have to tug at my skin. My skin has become increasingly sensitive over the past few years, but fortunately I've never experienced the negative side effects that other reviewers have described. Sometimes in a hurry I'll use these wipes to clean my face (not sure if that's bad or not!) and I've never had a reaction. In terms of packaging, the container remains intact while loose in my handbag, and the wipes have always stayed moist and not dried out. They come in a convenient 80 count ($5) container which is small enough to keep in my handbag, and I refill it from the 120 count ($7) container which I keep at home. I find the product itself to be a bit pricey, but until I find something else that is competitively priced and gives me the same results and convenience, this one is a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

•○•○•○•The year is 2014. You have accepted the challenge to use Almay Non-oily makeup remover pads. Many have tried before- all have failed. But not you. You want to give up. You have never experienced pain like this. Makeup removing demons are infiltrating your eyeballs. Being stabbed 106 times in the war of 2005 was a pleasant experience compared to this. Still you do not back down. Your eyelids are red and parched from moisture. The whites of your eyes are now as red as the spilled blood of your enemies. Hot tears are streaming down your face. Every bone in your body wants to give up, but still you will not yield. You will not succumb to the pain. Finally, at long last, every iota of eye makeup is removed. You slowly lift your head to look in the mirror. You carefully touch the irritated skin surrounding your eyes. The battle is over. You have conquered. You are a warrior. •○•○•○•

Only the greatest makeup warriors out there will be able to handle the pain that these makeup remover pads are instilled with. After using these for 1 week, my eyelids are sore, red, dry, and scaly all the time. I have had to use Visine 3 times a day to conquer my red eyes. My eyes are more watery than ever before, as they are trying to compensate and bring back the moisture that has been lost. My poor eyes have never been through so much agony, and I refuse to make them go through it any longer.

If your vision and the overall wellbeing of your eyes is not important to you, and you think you can handle the pain, you need to go out and buy this product right now.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ladycaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have yet to use an eye makeup remover that burns my eyes. Until today that is. While this removed my eye makeup fairly well, it is certainly not worth the intense burning that soon ensued. Even simply using it on my lids with my eyes tightly closed made the skin burn and my eyes water-not to mention the pain I felt when working this into my eye lashes. Ouch! My eye area is not particularly sensitive, I can even take my acid toners around the orbital bone, but as soon as I opened the packaging I noticed this eye makeup remover smelled extremely chemically; quite like rubbing alcohol. I honestly might have experienced less burning with rubbing alcohol. Essentially, if you have eyes don't even think about using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the most effective formula but I love the ease of use. It doesn't remove all my eye makeup, especially waterproof mascara. I find these very valuable for removing mistakes while I'm doing my makeup and I use them to clean up the undereye area after I'm done with my eyeshadow. For that purpose, they're awesome. No stopping to get a Qtip or cotton square, getting a bottle of remover, you know the drill.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried all kinds of natural options for getting my eye makeup off - olive and jojoba oil on a cotton pad, for example - and it just doesn't work as well. I've tried a few "unnatural" (man-made?) options, like other big brand names, and they burn and sting my skin, leaving it feeling like I've swiped alcohol on it.

These are gentle and make quick, clean work of getting off all my eye makeup - and I wear a lot of it, with lots of mascara and eye primer underneath it all. No irritation to my skin, eyes or contact lenses. They're also cheap and available everywhere. I even found a "travel size" mini jar in the bins of miniatures at Target. I saved it and refill it from bigger jars to throw in my bag for overnights and traveling, which is a really nice little bonus. Simple enough - works for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Used these for years. Bought a new pack and suddenly they're burning my eyes. What's up with Almay re formulating everything that worked so well as is?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I still need to use cleanser and scrub a bit because I use liner and mascara daily, but this is great as a prep for nightly cleansing of the face. I wear contacts also and rarely do I feel any burning or stinging. Gets rid of 80% of the makeup. I use 2 nightly- one per eye. It's also great for the morning if I mess up and have to re-do or touch up somewhere. I'm not a big fan of the jar, and that they tend to stick to one another. But the price is good, they often go on sale. I do prefer the Almay brand over the drug-store knockoffs because they stay a bit more moist over time. I've tried liquids before, and I think they are a waste of money after buying cotton pads, and time consuming. This is worth the money for convenience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. Burns the area around my eyes, leaving them red. But the WORST thing? Doesn't remove the makeup. This product did NOT remove eyeliner (powder), one base shade of eyeshadow (powder) and one coat of non-waterproof mascara. WTH?! Had to use ANOTHER eye-makeup remover and then saw what this product left behind. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for years to take off my makeup and won't be changing anytime soon. Anytime I've tried a more expensive makeup remover like Clarins or Lancome, I've gotten irritated skin but these work wonderfully on my sensitive, dry skin. The packaging/name for these have changed recently, but the formula seems to be the same.

This is a pretty straightforward, simple product where the you can just hold this against your eyelid and your eye makeup will dissolve onto it. With these I like that I can lay them onto my eyelid and don't need to do a whole bunch of tugging and pulling to take everything off. They've never irritated my eyes nor caused me to break out in milia like the non-oil free version did, but since they do have citric acid in them I can see why other people may have reactions to this. Make sure to read over the ingredients here because this one seems to not be universally hypoallergenic.

Other tips for these is that if you're wearing minimal makeup or just want to be extra frugal, you can cut these in half and use one side for each eye and double your amount of removal pads. Also, if I notice that the pads on top feel a little less moist, I just flip the stack over to move the removal liquid back through everything.