September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried all kinds of natural options for getting my eye makeup off - olive and jojoba oil on a cotton pad, for example - and it just doesn't work as well. I've tried a few "unnatural" (man-made?) options, like other big brand names, and they burn and sting my skin, leaving it feeling like I've swiped alcohol on it.

These are gentle and make quick, clean work of getting off all my eye makeup - and I wear a lot of it, with lots of mascara and eye primer underneath it all. No irritation to my skin, eyes or contact lenses. They're also cheap and available everywhere. I even found a "travel size" mini jar in the bins of miniatures at Target. I saved it and refill it from bigger jars to throw in my bag for overnights and traveling, which is a really nice little bonus. Simple enough - works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Used these for years. Bought a new pack and suddenly they're burning my eyes. What's up with Almay re formulating everything that worked so well as is?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I still need to use cleanser and scrub a bit because I use liner and mascara daily, but this is great as a prep for nightly cleansing of the face. I wear contacts also and rarely do I feel any burning or stinging. Gets rid of 80% of the makeup. I use 2 nightly- one per eye. It's also great for the morning if I mess up and have to re-do or touch up somewhere. I'm not a big fan of the jar, and that they tend to stick to one another. But the price is good, they often go on sale. I do prefer the Almay brand over the drug-store knockoffs because they stay a bit more moist over time. I've tried liquids before, and I think they are a waste of money after buying cotton pads, and time consuming. This is worth the money for convenience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. Burns the area around my eyes, leaving them red. But the WORST thing? Doesn't remove the makeup. This product did NOT remove eyeliner (powder), one base shade of eyeshadow (powder) and one coat of non-waterproof mascara. WTH?! Had to use ANOTHER eye-makeup remover and then saw what this product left behind. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for years to take off my makeup and won't be changing anytime soon. Anytime I've tried a more expensive makeup remover like Clarins or Lancome, I've gotten irritated skin but these work wonderfully on my sensitive, dry skin. The packaging/name for these have changed recently, but the formula seems to be the same.

This is a pretty straightforward, simple product where the you can just hold this against your eyelid and your eye makeup will dissolve onto it. With these I like that I can lay them onto my eyelid and don't need to do a whole bunch of tugging and pulling to take everything off. They've never irritated my eyes nor caused me to break out in milia like the non-oil free version did, but since they do have citric acid in them I can see why other people may have reactions to this. Make sure to read over the ingredients here because this one seems to not be universally hypoallergenic.

Other tips for these is that if you're wearing minimal makeup or just want to be extra frugal, you can cut these in half and use one side for each eye and double your amount of removal pads. Also, if I notice that the pads on top feel a little less moist, I just flip the stack over to move the removal liquid back through everything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I keep these in my gym bag to take off my eye makeup before I go running and I really like them! I don't have a problem with the skin around my eyes burning, and it takes off my makeup without too much tugging or pulling. I just hold it over my eye for a few seconds, and then wipe everything away. Very nice!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by daemonicblackcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. It works well on my eye makeup, but it burns and stings. Whenever I used it the area around my eyes would be red, puffy, and covered in oil and tears. It was hell on earth. I only kept using it because it was in convenient packaging, and I was always rushed in the store. After a while I decided that this was bloody ridiculous and bought a bottle of gentle eye makeup remover and some cotton rounds. Now all of a sudden I can see.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These pads cause the skin around my eyes to burn. After this happened several times, with several brands of eye makeup, I was sure it was the pads, so I threw them all out. I would not even give them away to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this eye makeup remover pads for years. I always have a few tubs of this around the house as all the women in my family use them. I have fair sensitive skin and these have never caused me any problems such as redness or irritation. The container says they are 100% fragrance free, though there is a slight chemical smell, but it's not overt. They are also said to be hypo-allergenic and contain cucumber extract, aloe leaf extract, and green tea extract.

They remove makeup effectively without leaving any oily/greasy residue (as the non oil-free version certainly does) and the area dries quickly. Depending on how much eye makeup I have on- mascara vs mascara + liquid eyeliner, I sometimes opt to use one for each eye, but this doesn't bother me at all as one tub of 120 pads lasts me months. As long as you twist the top on completely, the pads will remain wet and effective.

I have no complaints with these and will continue to buy them.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I note a very mixed bag of reviews for this one. Years ago, I swore by the Almay liquid (lotion) eye make-up remover as well as their eye make-up remover pads that worked for removing Lancome Defincils. Since then, I have no doubt both formulas have changed. I picked the pads up recently to remove the Bare Essentials Mascara --- results contributed to very dry, brittle lashes. I'm sure the mascara itself did not help. The Almay pads may work well for some but not for others.