July 31, 2014 | 1227 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Aleemabak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed with this product.

I purchased it from Sephora after trying it on in the store and was excited to try it out! My skin is oily, and I thought it helped mattify my oil.
After 30 mins, my skin was oilier than ever.

I used it for two weeks, and the same results appeared on face. Oily after 30 mins, after each application.

The following week my skin was breaking out with cystic acne on my entire face, so I discontinued using.

I hope other people will not have the results I had, I highly don't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MalibuBowser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This doesn't seem to be available anymore on the UD website or in any stores that I've checked! Disappointing, as it works very well with my shiny slick-y skin. I'm hoping that once the little bit left in the tube finally runs out, the Becca Ever-Matte primer will work just as well, as they both have magnesium aluminum silicate in the ingredients and I'm guessing that's the oil-absorbing agent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went DIY on my wedding day makeup. I used this product in conjuction with the UD vintage mattifying powder, the setting spray and Revlon colorstay foundation as the canvas. Pure Perfection. I live in the Caribbean and have normal to combination skin. I got married outdoors in August in the height of humidity and the makeup was on lock. What I must mention was that my skin was very dry upon application of these products because my hotel room was freezing. The mattifying gel is difficult to apply generally plus the foundation had to be stippled on. But the combination of these UD long wear/mattifying products were worth every penny. The makeup never looked caked on or overdone and more importantly did not budge.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I hate this product with an extreme passion! When I tried it, it was so gunky and did not spread nicely what so ever ! Then when I tried to put my foundation over it, it cracked and little flakes of it were everywhere! I adore urban decay but this is one of the worst products I've used by them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG for awhile (I've been through three tubes).i have combination skin and only get oily on my noise. Problem is, i wear glasses. Oil and glasses don't mix! After mu application i dab a tiny bit where my glasses sit and no more slide, all day! I introduced this to a colleague who is very oily. She uses it to part on top of mu as needed in the morning and throughout the day. A tiny amount is all you need, otherwise is makes a white cast. Really love this lifesaver!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ycust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on my research this was the most recommended product for all night fresh looking. I used this together with Smashbox BB cream. I was going to use MAC Mineralize powder, but my face looked too white, so I had to use bronzer as my face powder to finish my look. I guess it was okay, so much like Pore Minimizer but make my skin look more drier in unhealthier tone. It was definitely not Wow result for me. Maybe I should mix them next time? You must have an extremely good skin condition to use this because any rough spots will stand out. This is my 3rd Urban Decay products that I purchased, and none of them were Wow product, so I don't understand all the hypes and high rating for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After doing my research, I found a dupe for this product! The Mehron Touch-Upâ„¢ Matte Finishing Anti-Shine Gel Treatment has almost exactly the same ingredients as this one! And it can be sold online for only 6 bucks at Naimie! The downside is that this dupe is not colorless; instead it comes in light, medium and dark.

Mehron anti shine gel:
Ingredient List: Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazoldinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this a couple times so far, and I'm still on the fence about this one. It does seem to make my makeup last longer and seems to help keep my makeup from melting in the warm weather. I don't like the way it applies its very rough feeling and not very soft. I would buy more off this but I think I'm going to look for cheaper dupes for right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jamiebyun

This is my Holy Grail primer.

My only skin problem is that it is incredibly oily. I am a makeup junkie, and I've tried probably every foundation, primer, and powder on the market in pursuit of matte skin.

So far, this primer has worked better than anything else I've found...I've probably gone through about 5 tubes already!

There are only 2 cons that I can think of:
1. It is pricey for such a small bottle, but I'm willing to shell out the money. I have yet to find a "dupe" for this product, but if I do I will definitely have to check it out. Until I do, I will be repurchasing the Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube.

2. It makes my foundation HARDER to blend...I find that I have to work harder to blend using my Sigma F80 or my foundation ends up patchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bizbuilder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote a review for Dermalogica matifying gel previously. I love that product, but it costs $40. So as another alternative just to save $$$, I also use Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube. This product is great for oily skin, it works. It removes all the shine on my face for a good part of the day. I normally use it when I do not wear makeup.

If I wear makeup, I will use something else just because for some reason, the BB cream does not go along too well with this product. Maybe it's too dry or something, I find the BB cream becoming patchy on the skin when using them together.

But if I just wear alone, love it! And it does not cause any irritation or break out. I recommend this product. Good luck girls!