October 24, 2014 | 1538 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by aprilcake

amazing cornflower blue nail polish. pacific blue is my religion. sucks that they changed the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MeganM14

This polish is a one coat! A beautiful shade of blue that is good for any time of the year, HOWEVER, THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMULA. I have yet to test the new formula but I have only heard bad things, shame on you Sally Hansen, why change an already amazing and best selling nail polish? To save money probably. Anyways, if you have the creamy, opaque, one coat pacific blue, then it is a for sure win. DO NOT BUY THE NEW ONE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by nikki620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've written a review for this polish already but i just painted my nails with this again and I have to go off about it again. Honestly the most amazing nail polish EVERRRRRRR. You only need one coat, the most beautiful colour ever and dries super shiny/fast and looks like shellac I LOVE IT !!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this nail polish takes forever to dry but once it finally does it is almost impossible to get off. which can be a great yet bad thing when your done wearing it and you still have bright blue all over your nails. but hey it does say extreme wear

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

I purchased the original Pacific Blue--that is, the cornflower creme, sans shimmer--and I am pleased with it thus far. The application process was not as easy as these reviews led me to believe--my brush had an errant bristle sticking out, and the formula was a bit gloopy and rubbery-drying--but the colour payoff meant that I needed just 1.5 coats for opacity, and the very fast dry time floored me. I've had good luck with the Xtreme Wear line when it comes to longevity. It's frustrating, then, that Sally Hansen replaced this colour with a tacky shimmery doppelganger, because I would repurchase the original.

edited, for the Canadians in the crowd: I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart as part of an Xtreme Wear line sale (so, not on clearance, which is reassuring!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is my favorite nail polish color....BUT I will never again buy it. Why? They reformulated the color AND formula. Warning...this new Pacific Blue with the updated writing is NOT the original. The original is a unique cornflower blue that is just stunning and it's creme, NOT jelly or shimmer. The new one is jelly and has shimmer. It's also a lot darker. Nothing like the original.

If you can find the old formula, buy them asap. The only dupe for this original color I can find that is the CLOSEST to formula and color is by JulieG Nail Color in Cabana Boy. Essie Butler Please is NOT a dupe. People on Youtube keep saying it is, it is NOT a dupe. Essie is darker and the formula is different.

Sally Hansen who is owned by Coty and Coty owns OPI; if anyone knows of a dupe within the OPI line please let us know! I am so furious they changed this color, it is not the same color or formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color but beaware these are being reformulated.The new color is much darker and looks nothing like the original. I was able to pick a bottle of the old version at rite aid.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Karynkirke

The Pacific Blue I just bought today looks NOTHING like the swatches/photos online, and it's not at all opaque. Did they change the formula? What I have is a deep slightly shimmery sheer electric blue jelly and all the photos I've seen are an opaque bright cornflower blue creme. SO confused.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 40 and not quite ready to wear what I call "mom" colors (meaning like my mom)..I am a mom though. This is the most gorgeous blue. I have been lusting after it for about three months and it was always out at the store thanks to YouTube and Pintrest. Finally!!! I found it and I am in love. With summer fast approaching I am excited to have a mani/pedi done with this. I would suggest that this is a cornflower blue leaning toward an electric blue. The formula is AMAZING! One coat is fine with this if you are in a hurry. It is very opaque and very beautiful.

Happy Makeuping!❤️

Edit: this color is gorgeous but the formula is terrible. It never dries. It is just too thick...😢

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

I did not understand what the hype was about at first. I purchased this polish a couple of days ago since people rave about it on YouTube and wanting to try something new. You can get an opaque/almost opaque look with just one coat! I always apply 2 coats to cover any streaks and make the polish look uniform. This blue is unlike any other blue I own. It's a bright, vibrant cornflower blue. I received quite a few compliments when I wore this color to work. This is day 2 of wearing the color and so far I don't have any chips. Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen is such a fun color - try it!