April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have been using white strips even since they first came out, and these are by far the gold standard. How good are they? I recently "work traded" my industry skill with that of a dentist. I got a cleaning, x-rays, and Zoom Whitening treatment in exchange for the training skills I gave him. When the technician went to start the Zoom process, she used the plastic "sample teeth" to compare my teeth to the various levels of whiteness on the sample ones. My teeth were already at a Level 1 Bleach! Essentially, other than getting in the cracks a little bit more, my teeth can't get any whiter even with a system like Zoom that costs hundreds of dollars per treatment. I have tried all of the Crest whitestrips that came before these, as well as several others brands, as well as both store brand and custom made trays. This product kicks all of their butts. The whitening is intense and the strips absolutely do not budge. (It helps to dry your teeth off with a paper towel before applying and don't eat/drink while using.) In fact, the first time I tried to get these off, I freaked out a little: they were really stuck on! I will take that any day over the strips falling off. Another tip is to make sure you fold over the bottom of the strip to cover the back of your teeth, because teeth are semi-transluscent and do have stains on both sides. I also keep toothpicks or flosspicks handy: I use the pointy ends to gently press the whitestrips into the creavaces between my teeth: you definitely want to make sure to adequately whiten in between or you will end up with yellowish cracks and bright white surfaces. In the beginning, I also used the strips often and for longer periods of time than the box suggests. Probably bad for me, I don't care. Now I only need to use them once a month or less. My teeth went from being so embarassing that I had not smiled with my teeth showing since about 3rd grade, to my (now ex) husband saying they are so white they could glow in the dark. My teeth were beyond discolored, yellow and stripey, from both genetics and childhood medications. Now people compliment my smile and some have even asked where I "got them done." Nope, they're not veneers, just whitestrips. The Crest Whitestrips with Advanced Seal are probably the priciest whitestrips you will find, but if you are looking for the best results and an effective and easy to use strip, this is hands down the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Jolanda2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heard so many good reviews so I thought I would try them. Despite the steep price i thought they would pay off, but they haven't for me.
I been using these for a week and have seen no difference, except now that when i put on a strip after 5 minutes, my teeth hurt more than ever to a stage where I have to take them off. May try them again next week, but for now the sensitivity is to much to handle and is getting worse with every strip. Ver disappointed, was looking forward to having white teeth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by JoleneGilboa817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using these strips for years. They work well to instantly remove stains.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sarbrn1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very poor quality for such a high price. I bought a knock off of it for less than half the price and worked way better. Maybe halfway through my second treatment my one tooth started hurting really bad. And it has a very bad taste to it. Just very lousy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are amazing! I brush & floss then apply these around an hour later. They stuck to my teeth very well and do not slip around. I leave them on for 30-60 mins depending on sensitivity.

Yes they make your teeth sensitive but it wears off after a couple days. I only use them 2x a week otherwise the sensitivity is too much.

I use these with moldable whitening trays on top so they conform to my teeth. They are pretty pricey (about $45 for a box of 20) but worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by HNA

Did absolutely NOTHING for me even after following every instruction.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by TemperamentalBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made my teeth very white! It was my first time using this product and I was very satisfied with the results. Initially I brushed my teeth first (not thoroughly reading the instructions) before applying the strip and it made my mouth throb the whole night. Then... I read that it was best NOT to brush your teeth before application, it made a tremendous difference. My teeth were very sensitive in the beginning but I read reviews and thought it best to pick up a tube of sensodyne with the strips. The sensodyne worked! A couple of days later I was fine. I also used it in conjunction with Crest Glamorous white toothpaste which I believe aided in how white my teeth got.

My routine; morning brush with glamorous white toothpaste, at night rinse my mouth apply strips ( before) brushing after 30 minutes remove strips and brush with sensodyne, floss,listerine etc. I did not skip a day (I found my teeth sensitive but not enough to skip a day). I currently have five strips left and my teeth are at least 5 shades lighter! I am ecstatic about the results!

My advice, don't brush before you apply, I wouldn't advise using two sets of strips in a day even though you can (too much sensitvey) and buy a tube of sensodyne, with that you should be fine and have a bright smile! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

These weren't for me, I used only a few times and they made my teeth very sensitive. I stopped using and tried just once over a year later and the sensitivity is back. Will have to try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using these for years and can't live without them. I'm the kind of person who is obsessed with the whiteness of my teeth and these strips work very well, I wouldn't recommend using them everyday though because they would probably make your teeth very sensitive. I usually just use them when my teeth seem to be yellowing a bit in order to maintain the whiteness.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by hello_jamie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Crest professional effects white strips make my teeth very white, however they do cause a moderate-severe amount of sensitivity. However, as I tell my daughter while I detangle her hair, "beauty is pain." I would never use these all in a row, that would be torture. I do them every other day or even every 3-4 days. Sometimes I'll even take a week break in the middle of the pack. It takes longer to go through the pack but the results are fantastic. If I do happen to have a night where my teeth are hurting and preventing sleep , I just take a Benadryl and go right to sleep. I also use a toothpaste specifically for sensitive teeth. These do hurt more than the old regular crest strips I used as a teenager but they also make my teeth dramatically whiter after the 3rd strip (and they give you 20!)