August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by j_drage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always used either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation but wanted to try a brush. After doing some research I chose the F80 and I am so glad I did. It buffs the foundation in perfectly. It is very comfortable to use and it is very well made. I haven't had any shedding in the few months I've had it even during washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first sigma brush and I'm so pleased! When I first purchased this brush, I ended up using way too much product and the results turned out to be incredibly cakey. If you're thinking of getting this brush then realize that you need the smallest amount of foundation (especially full coverage ones) to achieve an absolute flawless look.

I like to place foundation on the back of the hand to warm up the product and then apply the brush to the foundation and first stipple on the foundation all over the skin AND THEN buff it out.

My one complaint with this brush is that because it is so dense it takes FOREVER to clean and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I cannot say enough good things about Sigma brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used my fingers for foundation for the longest time & got tired of the finish I would achieve. Green concealer was especially hard to blend with my fingers. After finally looking into different foundation tools I had settled on trying a few: Ecotools BB Cream brush, Face Secrets Flat Foundation Brush & the traditional triangle sponge...all of them left streaks & made my foundation look so cakey. After thinking I would just have to use my hands I finally cracked & bought into the hype & ordered my first product from Sigma Beauty. The price was steep & I was afraid it would be just another "Hyped Product Fail" & wasted money but boy was I wrong! It takes less than 3 mins to blend my foundation & the complete flat head is great at blending out large areas/surfaces of the face. It makes any type of foundation I have look completely gorgeous & I love that the brush is synthetic so it doesn't steal all of my product which is also great for easy brush cleaning. Will definitely repurchase if this brush breaks down on me but I heard this brush lasts a good amount of time so in that case, the price would be worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this brush, but not absolutely loved it like most of these reviews. It did a great job with my foundation but I feel my $3 elf powder brush does pretty much the same job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Junkie1

I used to apply foundation with my fingers and would have some lovely surprises when I would check my makeup in the light of day (i.e. streaking, unevenness, etc.). In my quest for an airbrushed, even look I started off with regular flat foundation brushes and disliked enormously. It seemed as though they absorbed all the foundation with nothing left for my face. I'm not a fan of the natural, blemished, dark circles, uneven look. I then discovered the Beauty Blender and liked it so much that I vowed never to apply foundation with my fingers again.

Recently, after reading numerous reviews and watching tutorials on Youtube I ordered the Sigma F80 brush. WOW!!! I'll never be without. This applies like a charm and you don't need to be a makeup artist to do a good job, very user-friendly. Now, about the only con with this brush. The cleansing of the brush. Yes it is VERY VERY dense. What I do is use the Sephora Daily Brush Cleanser (so that it doesn't accumulate too much gunk) and once a week I use Dawn Platinum Dishwashing Soap to deep clean. It's a win-win situation because Dawn supports wildlife rescue efforts so I have a product that is very efficient and I'm contributing (albeit in a small way to helping animals).

To tell the truth the Sephora Daily Cleanser is a bit of a disappointment. I will keep the bottle because it's got a spray thingie, buy the MAC brush cleanser and use that for daily cleansings instead. By the way for you Canadians reading this review I ordered the brush from http://www.nailpolishcanada.com, they don't charge shipping to Canadians and it cost me CAD$27.29 total.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Edit to add:
From what I understand, Sigma's business practices are shady to say the least and I can see how this turns off consumers. Aside from this, I still really like this brush.

My first Sigma brush and I wish I had gotten it sooner.
The bristles are densely packed and feel so soft. I love applying liquid foundation with this brush because it distributes the product evenly without streaking and it blends beautifully.
Itís superior to the Real Techniques buffing brushes (although I still like those brushes) when it comes to applying liquid foundation and no shedding either. The price is reasonable too. I do find that it takes a while to dry when I wash it (about a day and a half before the bristles were completely dry) so I just might need to get a back up.
Now Iím looking at adding more Sigma brushes to my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by RJDJ54

I don't like this brush at all, there is nothing wrong with it but i don't like the way of use because of the flattop. I did not now it because i did't used a flattop before, i have used the expert face brush by real techniques and i loved it but i have to clean it and wanted a second one and wanted to try this brush.

I then bought the f82 and f86 and loved the f82
So i will not buy again. But that is just a preference of applying

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first (and only) foundation brush ever. Previously I used sponges or fingers but I was never really satisfied with the result. And a regular foundation brush didn't appeal to me either, it looked like it would take forever to apply foundation. Having seen the f80 brush being recommended by so many beauty bloggers I decided to purchase one to try. And it's worth every penny! Yes it does absorb a bit of product the first time after every wash, but I don't mind that. I apply my Lancome bb cream under a minute and it provides a flawless finish. I've used mine for the last 6 months on an almost daily basis, including a weekly wash and it still feels super soft. Would buy and buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is wonderful for buffing foundation onto my skin. It is very dense yet ultra soft. Def my go to brush for foundation when my beauty blender is dirty. It helps you really work in the foundation onto your skin and also helps with it's longevity. Absolutely wonderful brush.