April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Say hello to my holy grail foundation brush! Nothing will ever compare to Sigma's Synthetic Kabuki brushes for me. Prior to purchasing this brush I was using a MAC 187 with my liquid foundation, which worked quite well, but the 187 is nothing compared to this. I love this brush so much! It is so soft, it feels like a dream on my face. The Sigmax bristles are really nice because they feel as soft as real hair, but don't absorb foundation into the brush itself. To apply my foundation, I pick up some on the brush, pat it on to my face, then swirl in circular motions to buff and blend. My foundation looks flawless every single time. Never streaky or patchy, Sigma brushes really live up to their reputation. The price is great, and my brush has never shed even one hair. The only minor thing I could complain about is that the brush is packed so dense (that's what helps to give the airbrushed finish) it can be hard to clean at times. I use solid Blendercleanser and the Sigma Spa Glove to clean it, but it takes a bit of extra work compared to my other brushes. I will definitely repurchase this brush if it ever wears out, and I would reccomend it to anyone who uses liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

A miracle brush. The only brush that makes my Kat Von D Lockit Foundation look flawless on my dry skin. Don't be fooled by any similar ones you see with the same design on amazon/ebay. Trust me I learned my lesson- get the real thing!! A bit pricey but worth it IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Meh. Provides a very nice finish, and is top quality, but I really disliked the flat top. It felt unnatural trying to apply with the flat top. I tried the Sigma F82 rounded top foundation brush, and I like that one much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY HG FOUNDATION!!! Oh my god I cant express you with words how this brush saves me from a very bad foundation product that cant gives you even light coverage. It gives me an airbrush look, and THERE'S NOT A SINGLE FINE LINES on my skin! Usually I use my beauty blender to apply foundation but it takes foreverrrrr. Since i use F80, i never experience any coverage problems. This is just the best best best product for my liquid and even my powder foundation. I have never use MAC's foundation brushes so I can't say how this brush can be a suitable dupe for MAC's, I dont know why people wants to buy MAC when they can get cheaper product with the same quality. Been using this product for 2 years, and i never ever saw any of my bristle fell out. Yeah it tooks forever to dry, but i think it's worth the wait

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

This brush is AMAZING!!! At first I didn't think much of it but so many ppl raved about it and I just went ahead and bought it. I'm so glad I did!!! I read a review not too long ago that said that the elf powder brush was a dupe for the sigma f80, and tbh I don't like the elf powder brush that much cuz it's too big for blending around my nose and it left streaks if I buffed it. So that's why I was hesitant to buy the sigma one! But NOOO the sigma one is WAY better it's smaller and denser and much easier to blend around the crevices of your face with. It gives a nice airbrushed finish and the bristles are so soft!!! Love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard this is a great brush for applying liquid foundation but when I tried it it only worked ok. It blends the foundation pretty evenly and can provide quite full coverage if you stipple it. Itīs a really dense brush, almost too dense. I feel it might do a better job if it had just a little more give to it. Then it could really buff the foundation into your skin in stead of just placing it on top. Personally I prefer the sigma f84 angled top kabuki for liquid foundation, but I still get some fair use out of this one. I use it to blend out my blush and bronzer and for that purpuse the density of it really comes in handy. So I guess it worked out after all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

IF YOU WEAR FOUNDATION I RECOMMEND YOU APPLY WITH THIS TOOL. It really does flip your base world upside down. It blends and melts the foundation seamlessly into the skin and eliminates harsh lines your foundation can cause. This brush is beautifully dense and will smooth your foundation out like butter. Worth every penny. I find that I use less product because the coverage you get is generous

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Can't believe I only came across this brush now!! Love love love it!!! Really works the foundation in to the skin and gives such a flawless finish!! I have a mixture of mac and crown foundation brushes and sigma f80 is by far my fave!! Think I'll invest in there eyeshadow brushes next!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by emmageorgiou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the first brush I got from Sigma and I'm so glad that I found it. It gives a BEAUTIFUL finish and can be used to for both stippling and buffing. Absolutely gorgeous. To get an airbrushed finish, you need a lot of dense, tightly packed bristles. That's exactly what a flat top kabuki is. If you're having some problems with your foundation, I'd highly suggest picking up one of these brushes and just seeing what happens because it gives you so much more control than a classic foundation brush. Of course there are cheaper options, I think Sonia Kashuk and Sedona Lace make very similar brushes. I do think this brush is a bit overpriced as there are so many much cheaper options out there. Sigma could definitely be a little smarter with their marketing strategy and lower their prices as people are now gravitating towards cheaper options. I definitely think you get your money's worth though! And the packaging the brush comes in when you order it is adorable.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, I don't quite like this brush all that much. Yes, it makes the finish of my foundation look so perfect, not cakey, so even and smooth and the bristles itself are so soft and densely packed and all. So why can't I obsess over this brush like ten million other girls in the world? Simple, it's the size. The circumference is quite small so it takes longer time to blend in foundation which can be a hassle in the morning. I like the size of my ELF studio powder brush better but it sucks up product like crazy so I decided to give F80 a try to see what the fuss is all about. Simply put, I'm not too impressed. The only thing I like about this brush is that I just need one third of the usual amount of product when I use the ELF studio brush.

Pros:
- Super soft bristles
- Perfect finish
- Doesn't suck up products
- Blends in like a dream
- Doesn't shed
- Affordable

Cons:
- The circumference is way too small, takes longer time to finish applying product compared to ELF studio powder brush
- The ferrule isn't as sturdy as it looks; I've already made a dent on it from dropping the brush accidentally. Doesn't affect performance whatsoever but still it makes me upset.
- Takes forever to dry

Not gonna repurchase. Planning on getting Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top next time.