April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Indeed Nanoblur

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kristenkrascek

This product does not deliver on its promise! It is okay on lines around my mouth, between my brows (frown lines) and on my forehead but useless around the eye area, in fact, it makes the lines around my eyes more prominent! I would not recommend this product nor would I buy it again. It was on special at my local chemist ($23 down from $30) but I still think it is a big waste of money. I have tried it following instructions to no avail, tried it without makeup and it is marginally better, tried it with both powder and liquid foundation but it is not that good which ever way I use it. I think I will try another brand but I may just have to accept the natural ageing process. Very disappointing. Probably would work if you are much younger than the 40s age group and have slightly oily skin but not for my combination, maturing skin (43 yo). To me, it is a bit like smearing egg white or snail slime on your face once it dries - that is to say, you would get the same results and they would be temporary, as the results are with Nanoblur, but I reckon egg white or snail slime would work better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by LeisaSch

Just came across a little sample of this and thought is give it a whirl. It does work - tightens pores, brightens, evens skin, kinds of fills in lines like a very good primer. Unfortunately I can't stand the feeling of it on my face - ugh - my skin can't breathe AT ALL with this on. I had to wash it off after ten minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by addikted

Verdict on this seems very split and I wish I was on the side it works for. For me, it did not.
I bought for small lines around my mouth mainly, marionette lines and pores on cheeks. I was not looking for a miracle but I did expect something. I got LESS than something, I wish it had done nothing, instead it balled up my makeup like nobodys business.
I tried before makeup, after, letting it dry, not letting it dry, patting lightly, dabbing..alas all it did was leave a tacky residue that messed my makeup either way and did nothing in terms of the optical illusion it promises.

I will say I use mostly MAC studio fix powder foundation or quality mineral makeup. I tried extensively with both.

I will for the sake of experimentation give it a last ditch attempt with regular liquid foundation and see what happens. I will also try with moisturizer alone, no makeup. Though to me either is a waste of time because I needed it to work with what I use..

Would not buy again. If this stuff was clear / transparent and more of a gel not cream it may not appear so tacky. But who knows why it's white and tacky, I feel like I'm putting on old, off 80's sunscreen over my makeup. Gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by AnetteKelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great stuff, it's really working! I have enlarged pores, and they're almost invisible with this stuff. And it stays on all day.

Compared to Clinique's "Pore Minimizer": Nanoblur is WAY better on hiding pores. The Pore Minimizer smears and rubbs off after just a while, Nanoblur don't.

I use it alone, with bronze powder and blush on top. Mostly I just use it on my T-zone, and only moisturizer on my dry spots. Cause it's a bit drying.

It's quite tricky to use with liquid foundation. Here's what I do:

I like to blend all my liquid products between my palms and then rub them all on to my face in one sweep. Moisturizer, gel bronzer, bb cream, and foundation. And now, also Nanoblur. I know it sounds weird, but it works great for me. I use the same amount of the products as I would if I were to layer them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ssliebre

I love this stuff!! It really does work, but you have to use it exactly as the directions state- I think this is why it hasn't worked for some of the other reviewers maybe?? It instructs to dab or pat product on after using foundation. Then PAT Nanoblur gently into the problem ares (fine lines on forehead and around eyes) -DO NOT RUB- until it "dries" and appears completely matte. The I gently brush powder over foundation and Nanoblur with great results!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is crap! it does blur pores a little, but I cant wear this with make up. I tried over and under liquid foundation, I tried under mineral powder foundation. i can only wear it under a bb cream, but the finished result looks the same as without nanoblur. would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on clearance for $3 and honestly I wasn't expecting to much as the claims are pretty outrageous. After playing around with this product I found it works best for me as a face primer. I mix a small amount of it in with my spf facial moisturizer and it helps extend the longevity of my face make-up during the day. It's kind of finicky and only works with a few of my spf moisturizers and personally I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by turningthirty

So, as my username states I'm about to turn thirty and have decided I need to try as many products as possible to minimize the look of current wrinkles and prevent new ones. I actually got Botox a few weeks ago (which I thought I would NEVER do), but I love it...

Anyway, Nanoblur was another product on the list of things to try. Carmindy of What Not to Wear suggested it, so I thought ok, it has to work right?

The most important thing to know about this product is that it takes lots of trial and error and so far I haven't figured it out. DO NOT try this out when you have somewhere to be in less than 3 hours. Disaster. I had a meeting and had two hours getting ready...plenty of time I thought. Nope...I was actually late to the meeting b/c I had to redo my makeup 4 different times. By the end my face was red and flaky b/c I had washed it so many times.

So I tried it several ways...I put it on after my foundation and then put powder over it, under just powder, over powder. FAIL! If you don't perfectly tap it on it clumps up and makes you look like you have some weird skin problem. The only way I could make it work was with NO makeup at all.

Bottom line--I'm returning it. I could probably play with it and maybe eventually get something that looks okay, but why? I need new products to make my life easier, not harder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by budafudawuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kind of bought this as a joke. For the last few weeks, I've been telling friends that - now I'm approaching my 30th birthday - I'm going to turn back the clock with a cunning combination of snake serum, sheep placenta and Nanoblur. Anyway, Priceline had a sample container, so I sneakily applied some of this gooey white cream to one of the wrinklier parts of my hand and, true to its word, within 40 seconds, there was a noticeable reduction in the general level of wrinklyness. I thought, "What the hell?" #yolo So ... it actually works. Sure. Its promise is vastly overstated, but my expectations were realistic and I'm a happy customer. For me, I find it works best when used topically and, as the packaging directs, as the final step in my skincare routine. I have one wrinkle line on my forehead and a couple of small lines around my eyes. I use a very small amount and it isn't so much that the wrinkles magically vanish (it's Priceline; not Hogwarts), but the overall prominence of the wrinkles are noticeably reduced. The product itself is very mattifying, which is great for my oily, male skin. The cream absorbs quickly, but the affected areas are slightly sticky to the touch and remain that way all day. This causes me no discomfort. I've read that some women have had problems mixing this with their foundation. Not a problem I have (I don't wear make up), but something to keep in mind. Give it a go, but I think it's important not to let your imagination runaway with itself. Be realistic. I'll keep buying this.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by BlueCherry

Once you find the right way to use this product you will be happy. The instructions on the tube are inadequate. I followed them and found the product too mattifying and lightening for liquid foundation but perfect for mineral makeup. At first I used it all over my face but it is best used as a corrector in smaller areas. On the neck, under the jaw it firms everything up nicely. Do not use this as a primer. Hopefully the manufacturer updates the instructions accordingly. It's cheap enough to experiment with to get great results, once you find the right way for you it is great. Make up stays on all day, no retouching required, it's amazing.