April 21, 2014 | 1183 users online

Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Color Restorative Styling Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this oil to make my dry ends shiny and healthy looking and it works very well for that purpose. I usually don't even pump it, I just rub my palm against the snozzle until I see some oil on it, then I rub my hands together to spread the oil and brush my hands trough my ends. Small amount goes a long way!

I have tried to use this oil on my damp hair too, as suggested in the instructions, but I feel it doesn't do much for my hair unless maybe makes it too oily if I accidentally use too much.

The bottle is quite pricey, but on the other hand it probably lasts forever. I am not sure if I am going to repurchase though, maybe if I need I feel such a product (I pretty much expect this bottle to last years!! :D)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by blue1berry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from Ulta based on the good reviews. Sadly it did nothing for me. Actually it makes my hair fee dry and coarse. The search for a good styling, shine enhancing, frizz fighting, moisturizing oil continues;-[

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product! my hair smells so good I can't stop sniffing it even in public! if my hair could get married it would definitely choose this as a life partner!!

my hair is not chemically treated and i let it air dry. i use 5 pumps right after shower and one more when my hair is slightly damp (one hour later or so).

i use A LOT (as stated above) as my hair is really thick, dry, frizzy & coarse, yet it never gets too oily! i have dry ends so i keep this in my bag and apply on the front ends a few times everyday and comb through

my hair feels so soft and well managed :D and looks moisturized. mind you :/ i don't brush regularly

it works so well like Davines' Absolute Beautifying Potion (which unfortunately smells and looks like cooking oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing styling oil! I completely changed my haircare routine, so I don't know if this product is the only one that makes my hair so soft and healthy, but it seems to help a lot ! I have very damaged hair, and this product meets my expectations. I use this in conjunction with the clarifying and chelating shampoo, the cuticle sealer and the revitaluxe bio-advanced restorative hair treatment from the same brand. I think it works wonder for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading the fantastic reviews on here... initially, I tried it but was not wowed so I tried something else for a while... then I came back to it and tried it again and it turns out that it does work wonders for my hair! I have long high and low lighted hair that can get very frizzy in a humid climate (or even a hint of humidity). This stuff makes my hair dry faster, it makes my hair shiny and definitely reduces frizz. I have long hair so I use 2 pumps but I try to keep it toward the middle of the hair to the ends and smooth the left over higher than that. I do highly recommend this product. I really don't know if it's improving the quality of my hair, but it is definitely making it appear so. I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Blondemenace121

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this I thought it was a miracle! It calmed my unruly, frizzy, dry hair right down and made it look blow-dried when I just let it air dry. No other product had really done that before. And it never left my hair greasy - in fact it seemed to stop it from getting greasy. Which is probably a warning sign - it just didn't add any moisture or condition at all.

Even with my other leave-in conditioners, after a month or so my hair became really coarse, like horse hair. It still looked OK but it felt horrible to touch and was splitting. It reminds me of Pantene - your hair looks great for a month then goes to hell. It's sad cos I loved this. I still use it occasionally but would never use it continuously - it's a styling product, not a conditioning product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works really well to tame the frizz and define curls on my fine frizzy hair. Also like that the pump guides how much product you need - I never know with sprays and free flowing packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use on my naturally curly, AA Hair that I wash and wear. I decided to buy it because I recently had my hair colored and highlighted, and the highlighting has left my hair so dry. I put a pump of this through my hair after I get out of the shower and my corkscrew curls are soft, manageable, shiny, and well-defined! I truly believe that this oil is doing fabulous things for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by rubyshiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first makeupalley review.
This styling oil is working absolutely well on my hair. I have curly and frizzy hair which is very difficult to manage. I have tried quite a number of hair products (e.g. moroccanoil, macadamia healing oil treatment, aveda pre-style etc) .... while the result is still far from good.
So, I gave a try on this styling oil after reading all the good comments in makeupalley review. And the product turned out work amazing, really amazing on my hair. It make my hair controllable..... look shiny..... and so soft.
Highly recommend this product to those with super frizzy hair like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As the owner of a head of sad thin hair, I normally can't do oils of any kind. But one pump of this stuff on damp hair is pretty magical. I use it on days when I don't feel like blowdrying and it does help my hair dry faster & better.. I concentrate it on my ends and sort of smooth the leftover into my roots. It lightly detangles & scents. When my hair dries I have less flyaways, slight tousling, and my natural waves (which are tiny and pathetic, so I try to play them up as much as possible) are more defined. I've had my bottle since 2010 and been regularly using it since 2012 and it's still a little over halfway full. Not only would I repurchase, I'd hunt this down on eBay if it were discontinued!