Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Blown away by this EASILY beats all my high end 'glowy'/ hydrating, medium coverage foundations. Don't have a bad word to say.
My nine year old daughter even complimented me when I first wore it (big deal coming from her!)

Luckily I matched Vanilla really well, I hope others manage to find such a good match.

This foundation is amazing! I have quite pale skin and this matches it well enough, just a tiny bit yellow but it's nothing that is really visible so that's great. The smell, which is fruity, is divine in my opinion. It has a light to medium coverage. It goes on and blends beautifully, and leaves a gorgeous dewy finish. It comes in a handy pump bottle.The only problem is that it doesn't stay on me for more than 5 hours, but that's just being picky. Overall, it's an amazing foundation for dry and combination skin, and I would recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Packaging - The pump is so easy to use and control the amount of foundation to use
Smell - Fruity smell, I really like the scent
Fruit Therapy - It has fruits and nutrients to help your skin while giving coverage
Moisturising - Great for dry skin like mine :)

Cons:
Comes off so easily - Sadly this foundation comes off too easily, even slightly touching your face removes the foundation from that spot.
Blotchy skin - After around 4 hours you're skin becomes kind of blotchy like, and the foundation slips and slides and bunches up in certain areas
Light to medium coverage - Not good for acne skin like mine, doesn't cover very much :(

Overall - I really do like this foundation texture wise but the lasting power is just really bad so I would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my current foundation and I have to say I am loving it. :) I love how it gives my face a natural glow that's not too oily looking. I do have already oily and acne prone skin, and this just works perfectly for me. I wear this to school almost every day and I find that even after a long day out, my skin does not feel oily at all. I love how it smells as well, very fruity :) However, the colour range isn't too fantastic. I bought mine in shade 3 and realised it was a lil bit dark for me, almost too orange-gy hahaha. So I mixed this with 1/4 of my Benefit BB Cream and it works amazing. Will probably get Shade 2 soon :)

5/5 if it comes in more shades!

I love this foundation, its one of my staples. It has a neutral tone, not too yellow or too pink, which I appreciate. The range of colors isnt fantastic, but luckily that isnt a personal problem as I range from light to medium somewhere. I have dry skin, and I have never found a foundation that performs as well as this. It doesnt cling to dry patches or makes my skin look either cakey or flaky, which usually is a big problem for me. Its slightly dewy, but not too dewy, and therefor has a beautiful natural glow. It has great wear time, and is relatively transfer proof. It doesnt break me out either or irritate my skin, which is important.
I love this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I just bought this foundation a month ago while I was in Singapore. It's one of the favorite foundations of renowned British makeup artist Lisa Eldridge. Being a makeup artist also, I do find this great for dry skin. The color range was also great since it is neutral, not too yellow and not pink. The only thing is, they have limited colors and only had ones for light to medium skintones.

Though I only use this for clients, I tried this on my very oily skin by mixing this with MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation. It gave it a more fluid blendability. It worked.

Overall, this is a great buy. It is inexpensive and good quality. This foundation is very good for dry skin.

This wasn't a great product for me. It simply did not last as long as some of the other foundations I have tried. It had middling coverage that was buildable, I found. It did feel great; smooth and easy to apply, not drying at all. Unfortunately, I think it lasted less than four hours on me before it was a thin, oily mess. The lightest shade was too dark on me and also oxidised slightly and became even darker! It clearly works for some people but for me, it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The only issue I have with this foundation is that you have to order it...so it's not as easy as running to Target. So in light of that, I'm back to my Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation. But I liked this foundation very much and used it all. I would recommend it but I also recommend "baking" it on--it helps it last!

See my review for Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder for my new make-up routine ("baking") that actually keeps make-up on my face all day. I haven't used this new routine with any foundation except Healthy Mix (I was finishing up that bottle) and Boots, but it worked beautifully for both so I recommend you try it regardless of your foundation brand. What have you got to lose? I had to buy a make-up wedge from the dollar tree, but otherwise I already had everything I needed (oh, and the setting spray which I forget to use half the time anyway so don't let that stop you from trying the routine.)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this foundation! I have been using Happy Light before, and loved it. I Gave this one A go, and didn't regret it. It blends beautifully with A beauty blender, skin looks healthy and glowy, and it lasts throughout the day. I have been using A mattifying powder on top, and I would reccomend doing that :-)

I have tried both this foundation (in the shade Light Vanilla) and the serum formula and I would say I prefer this version in terms of coverage and longevity.

This foundation just seems to give my skin a lovely, healthy look and I just really enjoy applying it - it doesn't feel heavy and mask-like and somehow the fruity scent and the smooth texture it gives makes me feel like it's better for my skin than other foundations.

The only way I could fault it is that compared to other foundations, such as my Estee Lauder Double Wear, it does not keep oil at bay very well. It claims to last up to 16 hours however I find after wearing this 6/7 hours my T-zone area can often look shiny.

That being said, it is still one of my favourite foundations, especially for an everyday basis, and I think it would work well for all skin types (apart from extremely oily) as long as you wear it with a decent primer and powder.

Video Reviews & Tutorials