Essie Tart Deco

3.0

on 2/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Surprised by the ratings on this!!
I wore this like crazy a couple summers ago..Absolutely loved it!!
It lasted on my toenails for-e-ver!!
Applied just fine!!
No complaints!!

Great fun color..will re-purchase..

on 9/25/2014 3:44:00 AM

Beautiful orange coral color but it is super hard to apply! It took 3 coats and it didnt turn out great. I cant stand bad formula polishes, if i decide to invest my time pampering in a manicure it has to be enjoyable and easy! Not a fight with a polish!

on 8/8/2014 7:22:00 AM

My ultimate Favorite polish!! I apply 2-3 thin coats bec of the streakage. I've turned 2 others on to it. I always apply a shiny top coat & it looks even prettier.

on 8/7/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this but in the end I could not bring myself to even like this one. For starters, I'm no Essie fan. I don't like the brush, color names and most formulas oxidize on me and morph into something shameful. This was no exception.
I loved this color in the bottle at CVS. Love ended there. On me this was straight up creamy orange. Not. Pretty.
The formula initially streaked then failed to layer with any real success. Dry time wasn't great. But, the final outcome just didn't live up to the hype. Back to CVS this went.
If you love orange, come play with this one. If your skintone is warm and medium deep this will look great. If your pale like me, keep it moving as this will not be flattering. 2 lippies for the name and inspiration. Beyond that: epic fail.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Just bought this polish a week ago I tried it on right away, I used no base or top coat and it has not chipped. I don't understand the bad reviews, for this was a good formula, I only used one coat! Beautiful color. I think these polishes are a hit or miss because a few years ago I bought a limited edition one called 'barefoot & top less' beautiful nude color but terrible formula.

on 7/11/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This colour is my fave!! It is like a bright pastel, so nice when you have tanned hands :-) In contrast some other reviewers I haven't experienced any trouble applying the polish. Two layers and a top coat last days and days! I'm wearing it for several weeks now and I get so many compliments!

Nice color, but the formula is awful. My mother and I both tried to apply it and it was both thick and gloppy. Incredibly streaky. Very unlike most any other shade I've tried. I returned it.

on 6/29/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color, I'd describe it as a coral-almost-neon. Opaque streak-free creme in three coats (two if you're not such a stickler but I found it still a wee bit streaky). Great color for summer!

on 5/20/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this colour! True, it does dry a little garish but it still comes up beautiful, like a neon peachy pastel orange. The texture is very thin but it applied evenly and easily, and looked great with two coats.

on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 AM

A little thin in the formula, but the color is really nice.

Top Rated Essie Products