April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this during the summer and I thought the polish looked quite unflattering on my tan yellow hands so I stopped using it after that. Recently I've been using it couple more times. What I found is that the color looks better on the toes. And it looks better on fairer skin. I would describe the color as warm salmon pink.

First coat can be streaky but by second coat I find it to look great. The formula isn't perfect...but it's been pretty good for me. Drying time is not too long as long as I put a good top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KatieRamey

I am a huge fan of essie, and orange just happens to be my favorite color! I was surprised that this dried to be much brighter than in the bottle . The end result is nice, and I love it, but I wish it stayed the same color as in the bottle.

The formula is thin, and fully opaque in 2 coats (for me anyway) One coat left it looking streaky. I like the small brush, as I have very small nail beds.

I have this on as my current mani with essie no chips ahead top coat, and so far so good! No chipping, or peeling!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This dries to become a lot brighter and a lot more orange than it appears in the bottle, but I still like it, especially for toes. What can I say, I'm a sucker for bright pastels. The only thing I don't like about this polish is the same thing I don't like about all Essies: the horrifically streaky formula and the teeny tiny little brush that make them a nightmare to apply!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the WORST nail polish I've ever owned. I so regret buying it. I adore Essie's range of colors and cute little bottles, but that's about where it ends. The formula is clumpy, streaky, and quite frankly, a pain in the ass. I'm no novice when it comes to painting my nails and I really struggled with this. The brush is soo thin which only exacerbates the streaky, clumpy, and patchy application. It's just makes it 100x harder to get an even, smooth coat.. And applying two coats doesn't help whatsoever. I can't believe I paid almost $10 for this little bottle. I've used it twice.. Only on my toes (fingers were impossible) bc it's a smaller surface area and farther away do mistakes aren't as noticeable and I do love the color, but the last time I tried to do my toes with this one again, it was soo dried out and thick that it's completely worthless already! I store and close my nail polishes tightly so there is no excuse for this. Save your money ladies. I bought this one and "Mint Candy Apple" in the summertime bc the colors are lovely and everyone was obsessing over these polishes, but Essie (in my opinion) turned out to be another overrated brand that definitely doesn't live up to the hype. "Mint Candy Apple" was just as bad... Maybe not as clumpy as "Tart Deco", but just as streaky. There are much better brands out there, and many at a much better price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by makeupbymegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour, especially in summer!! My sister bought it for my birthday this year and I was super excited as it was my first Essie polish. I was a bit worried at first that the colour wouldn't show up, thinking it would be very similar to my skin colour, but it did and made me look a lot tanner as it was lighter than my skin colour!! The colour payoff is great and it wasn't streaky at all. It had it on my nails for a week without a top coat and it didn't chip once! My only complaint would be the price as they are quite expensive in the UK at £7.99 per polish, but despite that I will definitely be buying a lot more Essie polishes from now on!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Beautiful color but awful application. The color is milky salmon which is nice for summer. Yet it is next to impossible to achieve non-streaky finish. The nail polish distributes very unevenly. Applying more coats doesn't help the situation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I love the color but this nail polish is very streaky and it doesnt last long on me comparing to other Essie's.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

i am crazy about essie colors and polishes. i prefer them to OPI however i find that the formula is not consistent. some never chip, some chip right away. some are too thick like this one. but the color is so nice that i will tolerate it. but it takes forever and a day to dry. having said that i will continue to buy essie regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lou89

if u your looking for a summer polish this is a great everyday colour its a creme coral and goes nicley with all my summer clothes . great formula to.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMC505

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this on a whim - when I originally painted my nails in the winter time I felt this looked too orange on my pale-ish skin. Now that it's summer and I have a bit of a tan - it is so much better! This is a fun pedicure choice as well - really pops with a bit of color.