October 23, 2014 | 1656 users online

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Veyvii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm mixed with this hence the 3 lippies and here's why:

Cleaning: I spray twice, once on each side of the brush or three times on a kabuki and it does clean with ease. It's not meant to fully clean and cannot replace your weekly cleaning schedule, so it does what it claims. (I've uploaded a pic of my white waffle cloth and I took about 10mins to wipe clean 20 of my brushes.

Smell: it starts off a strong floral scent, then dissipates to an alcohol hairspray-ey smell that's quite pungent. I kept sneezing in the 10 mins! Once the brushes have dried (20mins later), I smell it faintly on synthetic brushes and no smell on goat hair brushes. I read those who said the smell stays on are perhaps over-spraying it? 6 or 7 times is probably an overkill imo.

Price and package: $8 Aud is cheap, see through bottle helps to see inside but nothing fancy.

Overall: for the price you pay, it does a good job at what is should be doing which is lightly cleaning and sanitising your brushes. I find the process quick and simple, yet helps keep hygeine which is what I'm after HOWEVER... If you have sensitive noses like me, it's not worth sneezing over.

So I might persevere until it's used up whilst wearing a mask (?) and then make my own solution in the ELF spray bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by JeniDelight

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it after I've done my eye makeup to quickly spot clean my brushes everyday and it works wonderfully. Because seriously, who has time to wash their brushes everyday? i know I don't, so this little guy has become a staple in my beauty collection, and you really can't beat the price tag!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTarantino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For $3, this is pretty amazing. I bought this, came home and cleaned out my kabuki brush, blusher brush, angled bronzer brush AND my eyeshadow brush. It didn't take much to clean out all of my brushes. 6 spritzes on each side and a wipe on some tissue and it's clean.
Everyone is talking about the scent and I don't think it smells like grandma. It smells like fruit to me and isn't too strong but that's everyone's preferance.

The price is fair considering the size of the bottle and quality of the formula.

The packaging looks very professional and makes the fluid look expensive and I think that's pretty impressive to me.

All in all, I would suggest this to anyone who is looking for a quick clean to their brushes without hurting their wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by porsche63

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff smells kind of like cucumber melon body spray from B&BW, if you remember that classic scent from the 90s. I've read the other reviews that say it stinks, but I don't think it smells like a grandma or a hooker. It works great for in-between cleaning of brushes or for travel when you are trapped in a hotel room or car and need something quick and easy for your brushes. If you are applying multiple eyeshadow colors and only have one brush, it will get you through a quick change. It is also nice to use for cleaning brushes if you drop them on the floor and you don't want to or have time to scrub them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that this work really well. I can spot clean my brushes in between my weekly deep cleansing which means I don't use quite as many brushes- especially eyeshadow brushes as i can just spray this, wipe it on a towel & then use the same brush with a new color PLUS doesn't leave a lingering smell once my brushes are dry! I've tried a few brush cleansers & I think this once is my favorite. I really liked Macs brush cleanser but it was so expensive so I didn't like to use it everyday but because this one is not I find myself not being afraid to use it daily..which is obviously a good thing!! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I wish I had been able to see the reviews before purchasing this at Target. Thank goodness it was only $3. As other reviewers said, it is heavily perfumed. Now who thought that cleaning eyeshadow brushes with perfume was a good idea? In addition, it doesn't work at all. I had to reclean every single brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KristiCho

The smell was the first thing I noticed when I opened the package. Like other raters said, it smells like cheap perfume or my grandma's potpourri. I guess it does the job but I don't tend to cake product into my brushes. I will definitely keep the bottle once it's empty and perhaps make my own green non-smelly version of daily brush cleaner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

No good even for a spot clean. I have used other liquid brush cleaners before and this one is hands down the worst. It can't clean a brush even a tad to save it's life. Definitely a waste of good money. Bummer :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was tired of having to actually deep clean my brushes every time I used them and I actually kind of like it! I have a very sensitive nose and the smell doesn't bother me, it's actually quite pleasant, and it seems to do the job in getting my brushes clean. Packaging is kind of flimsy but then again, for $3, you can't really go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, the smell gives me a headache. Every time. Some say its floral-y, but it smells like a cheap hairspray or a cheap hooker perfume (excuse me lol). If I spray it on a brush then wipe on a clean towel I can see some product come off (eye shadow brushes), but the color remains on the brush. HOWEVER, it isn't meant to totally clean the brush. It does make it so you can use a different color the next time you use the brush. I don't know, not even worth the $3 for me. The smell is a deal breaker. And the nozzle leaks. Sorry elf :(