E.L.F. Studio Shimmer Palette

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Wax, Triacontanyl PVP, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow No.6 Lake (CI 15985)

These are easy to use and I like the idea of having 4 different color shimmers: if they were different. They seem to be too close to the same color for me. You can kind of see the difference when you swatch them but when you apply them, they are pretty similar. Oh well. I still get good use out of them. I will just try something else next time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm trying to go easy on the shimmer as I've woken up -bam- almost all of a sudden one day when I realized I needed to overhaul my "look" for a softer focus. I have 2 of these palettes (as well as for ELF I own 2 pen highlighters which are tryna be a MAC dupe, baked & powder hi liters, & shimmering whips) most in back ups as well like this but you CAN do a soft focus what I call candlelit look w this palette w/o much effort. The pink or peach I use in place of blush; the pearlescent white for inner corners of eyes & Cupid's bow; & the peach chin/eyebrow hi lite/just under the bridge of my glasses down the upper half of the nose. I have a shiny t zone so I try to keep this product applied lightly to t zone I usually put powder on just my nose/chin (I like MAC Blot Powder!). This isn't too OTT & blends well. Chic packaging & I find an elf small stipple brush blends this really well! Pretty w light makeup (eg beige e/s; elf coffee gel eyeliner & brownish-black mascara; lightly filled in brows; & a nude lip). & this is not only, only $3 it is cruelty-free! Whether you want to have a soft daytime glow, glam it up nite or even strobing this palette is simply lovely. I got mine from elf's website eyeslipsface dot com.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

At first I couldn't understand why other reviewers claimed the texture of this was "smooth", because i found application very patchy (gritty/clumpy). I was applying straight from the container. I didn't realize you have to smooth it out on your hand with your brush first, that made a big difference.

So, I like it. Wish they had included a gold color. The two pink colors are pretty much interchangeable.

I like me ELF studio shimmering palette but i don't love it therefore i would not repurchase it,
it blends well and does create a nice highlight, however i don't like cream highlighter as i can't wear them over my powder (for obvious reasons) so i apply it with a stipple brush which does work but as above reviews state create a little too much of a glittery look for me rather than just a luminous high light which is what everyone (almost) wants from their highlighter, but in saying that I've never been a glitter girl.

I would purchase this is if you:
- are looking for a bargain
- don't mind/like glitter
- wanting something basic that does a nice job for the cost

xx

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

One of my fav products from ELF. Love the variety of colors and it isn't too sparkly. Great dupe for Benefit's High Beam, without the price. Not too chalky either, as some highlighters are one me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely love this product. I use it every day, I use white highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes, the light beige one for below my eyebrows and the bronze one for my cheeks. It blends well and gives me a nice glow. It doesn't last all day, so I am considering getting another one just so I could keep it in work - it's that good.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

glitter face
glitter glitter face
glitter glitter glitter face
all the colors are the same

I have one in my makeup bag in my purse, one in my travel case and one in my everyday makeup stash...its that good.

I have 2 of the ambient lights, they are lovely but just don't last longer than a few hours.
I have benefits highlighters, they do last, but I feel they are too expensive for what you get.
I have Dior pallet, in the bronze shades...nope doesn't work for me.
I have BB's shimmer brick...disco balleramma.

This little $3.00 pallet is exactly what I was looking for. The colors are easy to use, if you are using a pink/rose blush, use the pink highlighter. If your using peach/coral blush, use the peach highlighter, if using only bronzer, stick with the pale bronze color. And the white color is perfect for the inner eye area. These are very creamy, blend like a dream. They do not have glitter, but they do have very fine sparkles. They last all day, no need to truly touch up unless going straight out after work. I use these on the outer tops of my cheekbones in the classic "C", also on my cupids bow, and inner eye area. I knew this was a true winner when people at work were commenting on how well rested I looked. Hey, these are 3 bucks, if you haven't tried this, give it a go. sometimes I see them at target, but I usually order on line from ELF website, they always have really good sales promotions.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this and its not a go to item for me. I have other makeup that works better and doesn't look so stark. I've tried blending this out, building it up, using just a touch and nothing is working for me so its not something I recommend. Very shimmery and almost fine glitter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Brought it a while ago but haven't used it much. I suspect it's because I'm not digging the fact that the palette doesn't blend well at all on my skin.