October 25, 2014 | 1020 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Bought this brush to use for foundation. A YouTuber suggested it. First of all the finish it provided was absolutely amazing. That being said it took forever to even blend the makeup out.
What killed this brush was the fact that it shed alllll over my face. One use and about 10 bristles were on my face. I would of kept it to use for something else but how many more bristles would I loose on the next use.
For $50 before taxes a brush should not shed. Even my $3 Elf brushes don't shed. How disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I don't actually have this brush but I just wanted to let you all know that the pink real techniques stippling brush is a great dupe for this and it's only like $10. I've been reading that this brush has problems with shedding and bleeding. The RT brush has NEVER shed or bled on me. It can be found at ULTA.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mac face brushes must hate me... With the exception of #187 and #188, they all shed terribly on my face. I bought #130 after reading the reviews that it doesn't shed. It was no exception. The only times it didn't shed was when I used it dirty-it must have been the foundation that prevented the bristles from finding a new home on my face. I therefore reckon that the majority of people doesn't clean the brushes after every single use...
It bleeds when washed with Brush Cleanser, I've had it for 10 months and it hasn't been a single wash since then that the white towel used for wiping it hasn't turned black.
It applies liquid foundation evenly and gives a nice, lightweight result, as it absorbs quite a lot of product. I personally use 1 pump of foundation (Fix Fluid or Mineralize Moisture) when using my fingers and 2 pumps when using #130 and get a quite similar coverage.
I've also used it a couple of times for applying cream blush and cream colour base and was happy with the result.
I won't repurchase. I've spent a lot of on Mac brushes (I own more of 40) and the quality doesn't reflect the price. I'll give Sigma a go. After all, their price is only a third of their Mac counterparts!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by hangloosehannah

This probably the most versatile foundation brush ever, you can use the 130 with Lighter coverage foundation/BB cream or with more medium/full coverage. Great for everyday use! Blends well, sheds before 1st wash, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic brush for cream foundations ..... in the past I have used other foundation brushes as well as a Beautyblender, but lately I have just been using my fingers, however, I saw an artist on Youtube used the 130 brush and I purchased it and could not be more pleased ...... my brush is still new so I am not experiencing any issues with bleeding or shedding, however, in terms of usage, the 130 brush works well with MAC's NW10 liquid foundation ..... the 130 will always be a staple in my makeup collection .... MAC's brushes are always the best! Edit to add: I just started using Real Techniques brushes, and the buffing brush is a godsend to anyone that uses foundation, concealer or powder ...... it buffs the product into an airbrushed and flawless look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This brush is a nice shape, and would be good if it didn't bleed black dye everywhere. I tried every suggestion--MAC brush cleaner, vinegar, baby shampoo, and nothing worked. I even thought I could just let it dry and it would be fine. I wound up with black smears all over my face. Thank goodness it was purchased for me at Nordstrom, as they were happy to exchange it for a new one. I am hoping that this one is okay, but won't hold my breath. Oh, and I will never shop at the MAC store again. They wouldn't even speak to me since I didn't have a receipt and my purchase was more than 30 days ago, even though their product was clearly defective. But the idiot sales girl did try to sell me something else. Seriously?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by adeballesteros

I love this brush, i use it to apply my cream Foundation (Mac Studio Tech)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by afriqueen67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this brush. Although it does shed on me from time to time, and I have to pick away the fibres, thats just a small thing. It feels sooo good against your skin. The only reason I gave this 4 lipsticks is because of the price -__-. It cost me more than my foundation! I bought it for around $40 after the MAC artist did a full face of makeup on me. I use it for my concealer and blending liquid foundation. I can sometimes use powder foundation with this brush too, but I dont like to mix it up like that too much. Everything just looks really nice with this brush. I feel all profesional when I use it :). Definitely would buy again!! (Maybe if it was on sale though...)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would love this brush if it wasn't a bleeding mess.

It's a nice shape, it works wonderfully with cream blush and foundation, and it's the perfect size for my small-ish face. It never sheds.

However, I've been using this brush for a year and have probably washed it a hundred times, but it has never stopped bleeding dye. I tried everything to fix this -- I've soaked it in a dilute vinegar solution 3 times. I've washed it way rougher and with more intense soap than anyone should ever wash a brush. I eventually stopped using it. I've never encountered a brush that just oozes dye forever - usually they stop after a few washes, but this is like...magic reappearing dye.

But hey, if you need durable brushes, this thing is solid. I've tormented its poor bristles and it looks brand new. No loosening of the ferrule, no rust from the vinegar (though I pretty thoroughly removed it), not a single hair shed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just brought this brush today I really like it it's expensive especially since I brought this while in Mexico. (imported fees) but a makeup artist used this on me to apply a highlighter, I liked the brush, not the highlighter. It's dense yes, but it blends everything very well, I usually use a beauty blender but sometimes I find it pats in on and I need to rub a product in, I can see this being excellent for cream blushes all kinds of highlighters and liquid bronzers, it's small so it takes longer, but better to be slow and accurate then fast and messy. I think this is a investment and recommend adding this to your brush collection