MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

on 8/20/2015 4:30:00 PM

I love this brush. It doesn't shed at all. It gives a flawless finish.

on 1/23/2015 4:29:00 AM

absolutely love. It makes my mac studio sculpt a high coverage,very smooth foundation.

on 12/19/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

hate it!
expensive and useless ,I wonder how MAC compromises with such quality ,it always shed terribly on my face ,less expensive brushes from Sigma and eco tools do better job!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this brush! I had bought the 187 (short handle) before the do foundation and while it does work well, I think this brush gives me much more control because it's smaller. It also makes it easier to clean! This brush is the perfect size for foundation application and overall I think it's superbly made. It did shed a lot the first few times I've used it, but it's since stopped and I know because it's a MAC brush it's going to last for a really long time. Would definitely purchase this again!

on 10/6/2014 12:12:00 PM

Bought this brush to use for foundation. A YouTuber suggested it. First of all the finish it provided was absolutely amazing. That being said it took forever to even blend the makeup out.
What killed this brush was the fact that it shed alllll over my face. One use and about 10 bristles were on my face. I would of kept it to use for something else but how many more bristles would I loose on the next use.
For $50 before taxes a brush should not shed. Even my $3 Elf brushes don't shed. How disappointing.

on 6/17/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ok so I don't actually have this brush but I just wanted to let you all know that the pink real techniques stippling brush is a great dupe for this and it's only like $10. I've been reading that this brush has problems with shedding and bleeding. The RT brush has NEVER shed or bled on me. It can be found at ULTA.

on 3/22/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Mac face brushes must hate me... With the exception of #187 and #188, they all shed terribly on my face. I bought #130 after reading the reviews that it doesn't shed. It was no exception. The only times it didn't shed was when I used it dirty-it must have been the foundation that prevented the bristles from finding a new home on my face. I therefore reckon that the majority of people doesn't clean the brushes after every single use...
It bleeds when washed with Brush Cleanser, I've had it for 10 months and it hasn't been a single wash since then that the white towel used for wiping it hasn't turned black.
It applies liquid foundation evenly and gives a nice, lightweight result, as it absorbs quite a lot of product. I personally use 1 pump of foundation (Fix Fluid or Mineralize Moisture) when using my fingers and 2 pumps when using #130 and get a quite similar coverage.
I've also used it a couple of times for applying cream blush and cream colour base and was happy with the result.
I won't repurchase. I've spent a lot of on Mac brushes (I own more of 40) and the quality doesn't reflect the price. I'll give Sigma a go. After all, their price is only a third of their Mac counterparts!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This probably the most versatile foundation brush ever, you can use the 130 with Lighter coverage foundation/BB cream or with more medium/full coverage. Great for everyday use! Blends well, sheds before 1st wash, easy to use.

on 1/4/2014 1:34:00 PM

Fantastic brush for cream foundations ..... in the past I have used other foundation brushes as well as a Beautyblender, but lately I have just been using my fingers, however, I saw an artist on Youtube used the 130 brush and I purchased it and could not be more pleased ...... my brush is still new so I am not experiencing any issues with bleeding or shedding, however, in terms of usage, the 130 brush works well with MAC's NW10 liquid foundation ..... the 130 will always be a staple in my makeup collection .... MAC's brushes are always the best! Edit to add: I just started using Real Techniques brushes, and the buffing brush is a godsend to anyone that uses foundation, concealer or powder ...... it buffs the product into an airbrushed and flawless look.

on 12/14/2013 6:14:00 PM

This brush is a nice shape, and would be good if it didn't bleed black dye everywhere. I tried every suggestion--MAC brush cleaner, vinegar, baby shampoo, and nothing worked. I even thought I could just let it dry and it would be fine. I wound up with black smears all over my face. Thank goodness it was purchased for me at Nordstrom, as they were happy to exchange it for a new one. I am hoping that this one is okay, but won't hold my breath. Oh, and I will never shop at the MAC store again. They wouldn't even speak to me since I didn't have a receipt and my purchase was more than 30 days ago, even though their product was clearly defective. But the idiot sales girl did try to sell me something else. Seriously?

Top Rated MAC Products