October 26, 2014 | 939 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SandiesNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! You get alot of product for your money! Its a great highlighter as well as a eyeshadow base color!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

This is such a beautiful highlight - it has such a beautiful golden shimmer to it, and it makes any look complete. It has good staying power and it's priced reasonably! I just hate how hard it is to find, it's almost always out of stock at my walmart. But I guess that says something about this product, doesn't it? haha, all in all it is definitely a must-have. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by newbri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great drugstore highlighter. Looks perfect on my nc42 skin. Finely milled, easy to blend. I apply it to my cheeks with my fingers! SOOO much product in the pan. Amazing quality and price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by xoxkatieee

My favorite drugstore highlighter! Perfect for my fairish skin and I love how much product you get...I use my finger to apply it and I promise...this thing will last you forever. Definitely 9 dollars well spent...I own a lot of high end highlighters and I still find myself reaching for this one frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkypink96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I did not want to go all the way to the mall or order a highlighter online so this was perfect! I just went to my local Walmart to pick it up and it was great! Perfect sheen on my face. Definitely worth the 9 dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best highlighter for me. I only use it to highlight my cheek bones and it is perfect for that giving me a gorgeous soft candlelit glow. I've tried soo many highlighters and so glad I've found this. My second favorite would be TheBalm Lou Manizer. I have a yellow undertone so this highlighter really blends in with my skin. I also think this would work better for people with medium-dark complexions than fair complexion. Other highlighters I've used before I found this are Nars Albatross, Topshop Sunbeam, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, Mac Soft & Gentle. I'm a highlighter junkie and this one if a winner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is an alright highlighter but barely shows up on my skin. It makes everything look more oily and shows up on my large pores. Still looking for a great highligher.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I love this as a highlighter. It gives me a beautiful light golden/pearly glow on my NC40 skintone. The powder is finely milled and it doesn't have an obvious glitter look (which I dislike). I use this to highlight my cheekbones and my browbone. I purposely looked for one with very little gold infused throughout it-which I feel looks more natural on my skintone. I have used this for over six months and have not experienced any irritation or breakouts. I've also barely made a dent in this powder-a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

Absolutely love this golden highlighter! It looks beautiful when applied and blends very easily. I think it would look really flattering on people with yellow undertones. (For reference I am MAC NC20-25). Would definitely recommend it! =)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A couple of months ago, there seemed to be a mass hysteria in the YouTube beauty community about the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter being discontinued - which, as I understand it, isn't true. Anyway, several of the YouTubers that I watch picked up Amber Diamond and then mentioned that it is apparently very similar to the Hard Candy baked bronzer in Tiki.

Now, as much as I love highlighters and bronzers, I'm less crazy about gold highlighters. And especially at the Dior pricepoint ($45), I am not going to rush out and pick it up. But the Hard Candy baked bronzer in Tiki is only $9, so I figured I could give it a try.

Now, since I don't have Amber Diamond, I can't do a side by side comparison. But even without it, I have a hard time imaging Dior putting out something that's truly a dupe for this Hard Candy product. Tiki is super frosty and very, very yellow (as opposed to gold). It is also crazy reflective and not at all subtle.

Why, exactly, Hard Candy labels this thing a bronzer, I have no idea. I cannot even begin to imagine a skintone on which this would bronze anything. I'd think that in order to bronze something, you'd have to be bronze and this product isn't. It's yellow. Frosty, banana yellow.

In the pan, the product is champagne beige with gold veining, but on the skin it is straight up yellow frost. If that's what you're looking for, good for you. You get 12.5 grams of product for $9, which is a heck of a deal - provided you're looking for a frosty yellow highlighter.

Did I mention this is a frosty yellow highlighter? Because, really, I just can't imagine who the hell reaches for this thing in the morning.