August 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by luckygirlblue124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product. It left my hair feeling waxy and sticky, and I didn't overdo it. I only used a little, in quick short bursts. I brushed it well afterwards, and I still hated it. It gives volume, that's true, but the oiliness and stickiness are terrible. Will not use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS DRY SHAMPOO, USE THIS TECHNIQUE:
Take sections of your hair and aim the spray at the roots. Rotate between spraying it directly on the roots and spraying it from around 8 inches away. After you cover the parts that feel oily let it sit there and soak up the oil. After 2-5 minutes mix the shampoo around in your hair- this gets rid of that white film. Just mix it around your hair and then comb it out when your done.
This is not the best dry shampoo out there, but to get your moneys worth you have to do that technique when spraying it on or else it doesn't work. I find that my hair feels thicker after applying it, but it feels like the perfect hair texture for a super messy bun. I don't know if I would repurchase this... maybe if I had to get dry shampoo and it was on sale? But yeah hopefully this will help some people who are stuck using this! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm6904

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Made my hair oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very thin, limp asian hair. If I do not wash my hair every day it looks very greasy and stringy. This is the first dry shampoo I tried, I purchased it because of the low price. I found the scent overpowering and nauseating. It smelled like orange peel mixed with hairspray. The spray itself was very cakey on my hair. It did not absorb the oil but mixed with it creating a clay in my hair! Kind of like mixing flour with water, it turned into solid chunks of paste. When I brushed it out the clay stuck to my hairbrush in chunks as well. The only positive is that it did take out the oily shine in my hair. I still had to tie my hair up in a bun. There is no way you can use this product and leave your hair loose. It is very heavy and clay like. I would not purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

I bought this 2 years ago in a pinch before a music festival where I would be camping for a few days and the idea of sharing a shower trailer with 29,000 people didn't sound appealing. I hadn't used dry shampoo much before this. Now that I've dyed my hair red, I use dry shampoo regularly, but normally I use the Batiste brand, which I LOVE. However, I'm currently out of that and haven't had the time to run to ulta and get more. I found this lying around and figured I could deal for a few days. It really isn't great. On a positive note, it does add some texture and volume to my hair and helps tone down the greasy look a bit, and is widely available and affordable, but the good stops there. Every dry shampoo leaves a residue, but this is different. My hair still feels very greasy, just with a load of powder on top. Despite adding texture and volume, my hair feels very heavy. And the smell makes my sinuses burn like crazy. I would feel very self-conscious if I wore this to work or out to dinner. My hair looks better, but not fresh or touchable. And the white colored powder dulls my hair color no matter how much I brush or blow dry. No redhead has time for that. It's doing it's job in a pinch and I might save it for another music festival type of situation where I'm not exactly trying to look glamorous, but I won't be upset when this can runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by belladil

This was the first dry shampoo I tried and I have been very disappointed with it! Thankfully, I haven't given up on dry shampoos all together and have found some other brands. When I first started using this product I guess I used too much because it made my hair turn a white-ish color, definitely not good. So I started using less product and I've felt like it doesn't do much. Yes, it takes away that stringy oily look dirty hair can have, but it also makes my hair look dull. Definitely will not be purchasing again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by electroTABBY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. When I first bought it, I hated it because I thought it did nothing but make my hair feel heavy and leave a white cast near my roots so I left it sitting on my dresser for months. One day, I had to go out somewhere with no time to shower and wash my hair, so I figured what the hell I'll just use this stuff I had here for awhile. I tried spraying it much farther away from my roots this time and not using so much product either, in hopes it would work better. And it did work better for me. I like that it makes my hair smell much better. Yucky I hate that dirty hair smell! so this definitely took care of that. It makes your hair bearable for several hours just so you look presentable to go out somewhere if you're really in a rush, but after 4 or 5 hours I still felt gross, you know? It makes a difference in the way your hair looks to get rid of that stringy oily look but I still felt physically gross lol. I'm not sure if every dry shampoo does this, but I've experienced the same thing with the 2 different brands I've tried. The other one I used was "Not Your Mother's Clean Freaks dry shampoo" and it was the same thing: looked better, but left me feeling gross.

Anyway, all dry shampoos should just be a quick fix in case you can't wash your hair for whatever reason so considering that, it did the job for a few hours. Not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by mdhurley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally use cornstarch, but I figured I'd try it since a small can was bundled with the Tresemme conditioner. This is by far the worst dry shampoo I've tried, and I'm no stranger to dry shampoos. You have to spray this stuff on super thick to get it to absorb all of the oil, which then leaves you with a white film on your hair that refuses to go away with brushing. I've even tried spraying a little bit on, waiting for it to absorb, brushing it out, and repeating until the oil is absorbed, but I still end up with the whitish film. This makes my hair feel heavy and waxy - gross! The only thing it's good for is adding a bit of volume to clean hair when sprayed lightly, but it still smells a bit heavy for my tastes. Honestly, if you are on a budget, just use cornstarch or even any of the other cheaper brands. Anything is better than this garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my very first dry shampoo, after seeing Bethany Mota use it in frequently in her videos. When I sprayed it on, it came out in powerful, quick short bursts. I rubbed it into my scalp with high hopes, but it eliminated only a little of the oil/greasiness. My hair stilled looked really stiff and dirty. When I ran my fingers through my hair, they would have this white chalky substance , which was probably the residue of the dry shampoo. The smell is okay - first fresh, then kind of sickening. When I finish this bottle, I'd like to try a different dry shampoo c:

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I was keeping my fingers crossed, hoping this would be as good as my last dry shampoo. I use dry spray quite a bit, since showering daily tends to make my hair get frizzy...but by that day 2, my roots/bangs are feeling greasy.

Honestly, I'd rather try my home made dog dry shampoo (1c baking soda and cornstarch, 4 drops essential oil) than this stuff! It smelled awful, it leaves residue, and my hair feels only a TINY bit less oily.