TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 4/18/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this was the first dry shampoo i ever tried and it was awful! it is super thick and really sticky. the instructions say to spray it on your roots, then brush it out. it takes forever to spray, then brush, then spray, then brush to the point where your hair looks decent. since i am blonde i was able to get my hair to LOOK good with this--it made my hair look less oily, and you couldn't really see the white cast left behind by this product. but if i had dark hair it would have been really noticeable. and i couldn't touch my hair after using this because it made my hair feel heavy and sticky and it was just really gross. this stuff also has a chemical smell. i would absolutely not recommend this. if you want a good dry shampoo, try batiste--smells nice, eliminates oil, doesn't leave a white cast, and your hair is touchably soft.

I don't really get all the bad reviews. I've tried Drybar Detox, Batiste, and Psssst and this one is still my favorite. I spray it on, comb it out a little, and it immediately takes away that heavy greasy look and fluffs my hair up with tons of volume. I have very fine hair and all of the big popular brands have either weighed my hair down or had a really cold, abrasive, loud spray (that literally woke up my roommate). It does leave a powdery texture in the hair, but it still looks great and the texture helps give it some grit when styling. Reading all these bad reviews I feel kinda weird for enjoying it as much as I have. I honestly don't get it. Maybe I have magical hair that somehow makes this stuff work. :P

on 3/31/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the WORST dry shampoos I have ever used! It comes in an aerosol can, the product is white, it smells great but it doesn't work, it actually made my hair feel more oily like super oily (zoily). The best part about this product was that I was sooo glad that I picked up the sample size from my local Walmart otherwise, I would've been screwed with a full-sized product that just plain sucks. Plus, before buying this, I read reviews and most of them were mixed but I still bought it anyway because it was affordable ($5). I will NOT be re-purchasing this in the future, no matter how dirt cheap. P.S > Their shampoos and conditioners are AMAZING!

The big FAT CON: After a couple of uses, the nozzle was completely clogged. Reviews said to unclog the nozzle, wipe it down with wet cloth; nothing happened so I chucked it.

on 3/18/2015 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HATE THIS PRODUCT. I have very thin hair and if don't wash it everyday it will become oily. I used this product after falling asleep without showering and my hair was still greasy! At school EVERYONE noticed the grease, I feel as it makes my hair even oilier! Dry shampoos are suppose to absorb the oil and this didn't.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It's too drying but at the same time it doesn't make my hair feel clean :( wouldn't recommend.

on 1/18/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is the most readily available dry shampoo ever - I swear I see it in every shampoo aisle in Shoppers Drug Mart everywhere. Wow, it sucks. Don't ever buy this. I am trying to ween off washing my hair everyday. I washed my hair say Monday morning and used this product on Tuesday morning after having a shower without washing my hair. I sprayed it in, got ready and couldn't get over how gross I felt after getting fully ready. My hair didn't feel clean or even look clean and I knew I could not have a good day at work feeling like this. I ended up having another shower, washing my hair and was late for work. True story. Heavy, greasy, sticky.......itchy.

I rated the price high because well its cheap and there isn't anything wrong with the packaging.

But still. Don't buy this.

on 1/11/2015 11:32:00 PM

Bought this because it smells great but was severely disappointed when it failed to do exactly what dry shampoos are supposed to do: absorb oils and keep your hair fresh. Hair and scalp felt disgusting and more itchy after using this... try out the Klorane dry shampoos instead and save your money and time!

on 1/8/2015 5:19:00 PM

Actually pretty terrible. Smells pretty fresh but i kind of felt like i was just spraying cold air into my hair. Didn't do one thing for absorbing oil, actually feels more weighed down than before. Pretty useless. I will not purchase again. In this case.. you get what you pay for.

on 1/4/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Not a very good dry shampoo.. I tried both the regular one and the one for volume but both leave my hair with a white tint and still oil in my hair no matter how much I spray. The smell is nice but that's about it. I don't recommend wasting your money on this product even though it's cheap as hell. Better to spend a bit more and get a better quality one that actually works!

on 1/2/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Worst dry shampoo on the market. By far, the WORST.

The formula. When I tested it on my hand, it would not blend out. Instead, it stayed in a white patch on my hand until I rubbed it furiously. Once my hand was raw and red, it clumped into little balls and just disappeared.

In my hair: it made my blonde hair look WHITE. This is the only dry shampoo I've ever used that has left me with white roots. It also didn't absorb any oil, so my roots were left matte and white from the dry shampoo, and the rest if the crown of my head was an oil slick. I resembled an albino skunk that day.

If you see this in stores, avoid it like the plague. It is the worst dry shampoo out there. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone, unless you like the look of white roots.