Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 3/23/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Give volume
+ Natural
+ Cheap

Cons:
+ Flaky ( after 1 or 2 hours )
+ Hard to apply ( big wet brush )

on 3/22/2015 4:16:00 AM

The application matters. That makeup artist shows it all.
Crust of the video, can use the yellow colossal , one coat before this.
Can wait for 30 secs between coats, not coming back to layer after a 15 mins phone chat etc.
He puts on a false lash in the other eye. This is better.

on 3/16/2015 12:37:00 AM

Got this a while ago and i think it works great . It's probably one of the maybelline mascars that I succeeded with . Even without a eyelash curler , this mascara still managed to lengthen my short Asian lashes and also gave them some decent volume . I'm impressed . Although it's kind of dry and lumps a little if you layer too much , it's overall a great mascara .

on 3/13/2015 3:12:00 AM

I absolutely love the Maybelline Volum'Express The Falsies Mascara. The Wand is perfectly shaped making it really convinient to apply mascara. The Formula is of the perfect consistency. True to its name, it makes my lashes look like falsies. I would definately repurchase this product and recommend it to others. Two coats of this formula will make your eyes look goregeous

P.S : The ONLY let down is that it dries up a little to form lumps [which most mascaras do]
Xx

My natural lashes are pretty nice, but this mascara did absolutely nothing for them. It's a dry formula that created an unflattering, spiky look. I would maybe be willing to compromise the look of pretty, shiny lashes for great volume and length but this mascara had neither. It my lashes clumpy and barely any longer. The overall look of the product on makes me certain that I won't be repurchasing this any time soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff has been my HG mascara for a couple of years. It really gives me that slutty fake lash look I'm going for, without fake lashes, which I can't wear because they irritate my eyeballs. I try other drugstore and high end mascara"s but always come back to this one.

I hope they never discontinue it!

Best mascara I've tried so far! First one that actually holds a curl. It doesn't clump, and it gives me long, black, and absolutely perfect lashes!

One thing I don't like about this product is that it smudges despite it being waterproof. Also, if you're not used to a spoon-shaped brush, it can be quite difficult to apply.

I'm still searching for a mascara that would give me the same results as this but won't smudge. But for now, Maybelline The Falsies is definitely my HG!

on 3/6/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- nice volume

CONS:
- due to its microfiber forumula, there is some clumping
- difficult to remove even with makeup remover

on 3/5/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

The mascara is much too wet, even when I try to wipe the excess off into the tube there is still a lot left on the brush. When I applied it to my lashes, it did not lengthen my lashes, instead it only coated it but did not give any volume either. It took a very long time to dry up as well so it smudged the top part of my lid. I am south asian with double eyelid so I have decent lashes when I curl my lashes. After only 3 applications, i found some of my lashes in the tube/lash wand. I didn't even know they were falling off. I threw it out because it was a complete mess.

on 3/5/2015 2:58:00 AM

Really overrated mascara. Such a dry formulation that it starts flaking in a matter of hours and then irritates my eyes. Gave it two chances then tossed it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials