October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because my friend had raved to me about it and because it doesn't contain parabens and is reasonably priced. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have long lashes and all this mascara seemed to do was make them blacker and unattractively clumpy/spidery. My lashes would get all criss-crosssed after wearing sunglasses when wearing this mascara. It smudged a lot on me too, whereas my friend experiences zero smudging and nice volume from it.

I've been exclusively wearing tubing mascaras for several years now, but gave this one a shot because I was hoping maybe it would work as well for me as it did for my friend and that I could save a few bucks on mascara. If you normally don't have smudging with mascaras and lashes on the shorter side, then this may work for you. Otherwise I wouldn't waste my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Emsabells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I like this mascara, it's a pretty good drugstore mascara. It adds length to my lashes, it can come out a little bit clumpy, but a quick brush through can sort that out. It definitely holds a curl, and its a good all-rounder. However, I've noticed it does get flaky after a while, and can smudge quite easily. It's good, but I don't think I'd repurchase as there are other mascaras I want to try, but I would recommend for a good everyday mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved curved wands, and a mascara that will actually hold a curl! This satisfies both requests! I have "Blackest Black" although I'm curious how it differs from "Black Drama" and might try that one next. I also am reviewing the non-waterproof version FYI. This gives me length, thickness, and definition, and doesn't flake/smudge, so it's pretty much all I need. I also really like their "Cat Eyes" mascara, and alternate between these two. Maybelline is the only brand I wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Alinaanaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like it . It does get clumpy if you put on too many coats but it does separate and give me length and some volume and overall it doesn't weight down my lashes and keeps my curl all day

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by machristeenie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I ever tried, and now my HG non waterproof mascara! The first few weeks I put it on, everybody thought I was wearing falsies... even my boyfriend thought I started wearing falsies. This mascara holds the curl very well, and makes your lashes noticeably long and thick. I went to the caribbean and used this for months, and I have no complaints, except just don't use it on a rainy day :) I didn't notice flaking after 12-14 hours in school or work. To sum it all up, my best friend even exclaimed, "why are your eyelashes sooo amazing?!"...and that's how this mascara acquired the title HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mew900

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this mascara but during the day it like smudges so try not to pu the water proof one on your bottom lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by yejmin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the flared mascarra and I love it. This mascarra volumises and lengthens my eyelashes and holds for the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a mascara junkie (I prefer to emphasize my lashes instead caking on eyeliner) so I'm pretty picky about my mascara. And having tried sooo many of them, this is one of my favorites. It gives great volume and decent length. I wish there was more in the way of lengthening but I can live with it. It's great for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Let me start by saying that I am incredibly fussy when it comes to mascaras. I expect a lot since I have quite thin lashes to begin with and like products that hide this. This is probably one of the better ones that I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) This separates and lengthens all my lashes as well as adding volume. It does clump a little but that doesn't bother me a great deal as I don't mind a bit of clumpyness. I do wear false lashes most days so the mascara I wear doesn't often bother me unless it smears everywhere but on days I stay natural this is the mascara I reach for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not extremely budget conscious, though most of what I own is drugstore, but mascara is one thing I can't splurge on, paying 3 to 6 times the price for something I use max 5 months.

Maybe that's just me, but it leaves me trying pretty much everything from the drugstore. I was late to the party on this one and it's a shame because I love it.

I have very long lashes, but they could use some volume. I'm very happy with the lengthening and separating I get from this mascara and it withstands a whole day.

I don't think these hold a curl particularly well, but I have not found one that really does for my stick-straight lashes.