July 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by caitytrina

I found this on a discount cosmetic site, believe cause it was being discontinued as I haven't found it anywhere bar eBay. Such a shame, I've tried hundreds of other foundations, which I think this one can slide if you lean or wipe your face, I always have the best finish with this and my skin doesn't feel all sticky like with other foundations. I would recommend it to anyone, and will be searching the web trying to find a good retailer who sells it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Katechiv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this foundation very cakey and it rubbed off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

I bought this foundation after seeing all the fantastic reviews. I wish I hadn't! I am thoroughly disappointed in this foundation, I bought in 51 the lightest shade and the shade was fine for my colouring. However, it is cakey and made my combination skin look flaky.

Also the smell of this foundation is awful, it really bothered me.

I suggest Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, smells great and feels lovely.

EDIT:

I have used it a couple more times and it is not all bad, the feel is nice but the smell still bothers me, it smells very strong.

However, the look of it is great and it covers redness really well. It does not last all day for me however and will need a touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by miracle974

Ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Silica,Phenyl Trimethicone,Cyclohexasiloxane,Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate,Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer,Tribehenin,C30-45 alkyl methicon,Lauryl PCA,C30-45 Olefin,Tocopheryl Acetate,Aluminum hydroxide,Stearic Acid,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Parfum, Mica ,CI 77891,CI 7749,CI 7749,CI 77007

I wish there isn't dimethicone. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is HG worthy for me. I have been on the long hunt for a good foundation that has lasting power, doesn't look caky, and suites my yellow toned skin. Im NC30 and bought 83 based on reviews. I had to buy this off amazon because I live in the US and this brand isn't available here. When I received this I immediately thought "this is so dark!" and much to my surprise, it goes on way lighter than what it looks like. In fact, it matches me perfectly! It's very yellow, so if you have more pink or neutral tones, im not sure if this will work for you. The lasting power is magnificent! and glides on so effortlessly. It makes my skin looked airbrushed.I actually like the little brush it comes with. The packaging is small, which I also like for traveling purposes. I just hope that this isn't discontinued because FINALLY I found a foundation I love for cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lottieshax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT SO MUCHHHH *_*
it stays on a really long time which is super important :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I have tried so many "whipped cream" or mousse type foundations from No. 7 to Revlon's version. I also know that there is an Etude, Skinfood, Too faced, and Tony Moly version. But after looking at many reviews Boujoir's version is supposed to be the best because it has great oil control and is a mineral product (apparently natural). I have to agree, this is amazing! I am sad that this product is being discontinued but I purchased this online through Amazon for about $10 which usually retails around $25+ (On asos for USA). My skin is really oily and acne prone. My skintone has yellow undertones and I would say my face is about NC20-25 and the color 83 is a perfect match! I have to say this consistency is not mask-like such as the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation, it is really airy and light to the touch like the No. 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation but wayyy better at blending and oil control. The finish is completely matte, no shine what so ever, like a powder finish! Coverage is light to medium (buildable) but you need a concealer for blemishes and under-eye dark circles. I love this foundation because it lasts all day and oil control is 4-5 hours with powder for me. It doesnt look like youre wearing makeup at all!! A little product goes a long way and I love that the product comes with a small buffing brush that is perfect for applying this foundation. The brush is amazing and doesnt shed :D

Pros:
Mousse cream consistency
Matte finish but natural looking
Yellow undertones
Oil control of about 4-5 hours

Cons:
Not transfer resistant (can tend to have indentations if youre wearing glasses)
Might be discontinued? Hard to find....
Light coverage (can be buildable to medium)
Not good for flash photos due to the minerals in the foundation

I wouldnt repurchase again since it is being discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Rw441

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone+oily skin, most foundations I find are not friendly to this combination. Bourjois' Mousse Foundation, however, is. It's amazing if you're looking for medium coverage (some redness or discolouration from acne say) but if you're having a severe flare-up or deep-pitted scars you might need to add a good concealer to your regiment. Oil wise, I can wear this all day without the fear that at the end of 4-5 hours my face will be shiny-gross. It is pretty affordable, very easy to use and a good size for travel. One container can last about 3 months for me; a little goes a long way with this one.

Usage note: I use a coverFX acne primer for acne prone skin before applying foundation, PUR minerals balancing powder to set, and, because of my uber active oil glands, Urban Decay De-slick spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT : 1/11/2013 : This has broke me out terribly. Never had this problem before , used to be my "go-to" foundation for covering up my spots. After finishing my previous one , bought another one and it has given me some of those painful spots . I very rarely get them and on top of that , some really annoying itching . Maybe it was an old batch but Im discontinuing using.

I am a big fan of Bourjois. Luckily it's easily available in the UK , so Im never short of a supply of foundation or lippy.
This has to be my most re-purchased foundation. Im quite fickle when it comes to sticking to one brand and one foundation, I do like to experiment. But I will always return to this or have a supply of this handy.
It covers imperfections beautifully. Spots, redness , even dark circles - instead of concealer. It has an unusual smell ( my bf has asked me a few times what that smell is ) but it doesnt linger or I cannot smell it myself after a few minutes.

I have to say , with me having rather dry skin , this can be a bit tricky in using the mousse. Sometimes it does leave visible patches where your skin it's at it's driest. But that is rare.

I love the ease of the application , with the mini kabuki brush that comes with the foundation pot.
Definitely a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never used mineral nor mousse foundation, but I must say I'm impressed.
I couldn't decide weather to buy 82 or 83, but ended up buying 82.
It gives a medium, buildable, matte coverage. I have oily/combo skin, and since my dry parts after applying the foundation show off, I wouldn't advise those with dry skin to use.
Pro: The final apperance was a nice, silky skin (except those patchy parts). No blemishes or minor scarings are visible.
Con: When you look closer, you can see the foundation, like when you apply a powder foundation to non-moisturized skin (I did use a moisturizer each time before applying!). I didn't like the color, and ended up buying the shade 83, too. i would't buy an extra one (when I don't like how a foundation looks on me, I end hateing the product whatsoever), but since it's being discontinued, the price was in half.
Now I'm mixing them and am fully satisfied - the color match is much better.
For ref. I'm nc25-30.

The package contains 18ml , and compared to HM serum, gives a more pricey product. And I think those two won't last me more than 2 months with everyday use.
I have the HM serum, used about 1.5 months, every day, and it looks almost new, I've spend 2mm of product! What I don't like about the serum, and do like about the mousse, is the "longlivety" of the foundation on the skin. Both need to be re-blotted after few hours, but mm looks less shiny. The serum is def. for those of normal/dry skin.

I removed 2 lippies. Why? It looks horrid after 4 hours. Right now it is cold (-1 degrees Celsius ) and the foundation makes my skin look flaky (dry spots, acne and similar blemishes) and vanishes from other parts of my oily skin (those clean areas).

The foundation would be the best foundation in the world if it looked the same after 4 hours as it looked the moment it was applied - my skin was ever so flawless. No blemishes, no visible pores, no nothing. Just baby skin. But with the day passing, ... Sad.

Caution: definitely NOT for DRY skin since it makes dry parts VISIBLE.