E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 8/27/2015 1:30:00 PM

I got this cream eyeliner months ago, and it sat, unopened, in my make-up drawer. I was actually afraid to use it, thought it would be messy - just waiting for when I would have time to experiment with it, which is never. I have never used a cream or gel liner before. I've only ever used, or rather TRIED TO USE, liquid (total distaster - no patience for it), and then just only used pencils (Revlon Colorstay, which is just so-so, and just picked up Rimmel waterproof ones which are much better then the Revlon).

Well, obviously the price is great at only $3. The packaging is nothing fancy, but is indeed simple elegance. I loved that it came with a little brush of its own.

What I did:

I went to youtube to search out Wayne Goss videos and one I found him showing how to do a tight line on the upper lid with gel liner (not ELF). I followed what he did using this cream liner, with the brush it came with, and made THE best tight line I ever made on my upper lid.

It looks so fabulous! I'm so proud of myself. And - it has real staying power. I put it on at 6 am this morning, and it is now 1:25, and it has not budged. I walk about a mile everyday at lunch time, its still kind of hot here, and no smudging, no melting, etc. The color is black, and it is just stunning - very pigmented. I love it!!

Like another commented: I think the brush is brilliant. Its just a short, skinny little thing, but did the exact job I need it to do without having to go out and search for a hit or miss brush.

I will def. buy this again. The only reason it got a 4 was because I cannot use this on my lower waterline.

on 8/23/2015 4:17:00 AM

I used the black. Lines eyes so perfectly! that little brush is genius, my eyeliner comes out so straight and smooth. And the color itself is very pigmented and dark. You'll never use a crappy pencil liner again. I got compliments on how perfect my eyeliner looked the next day. Cons: doesn't draw on the waterline. It's best for the upper lid/ corners.

*tip: you probably should add a liner to the waterline if you're pale and using this, its more of a nighttime/ smokey eyeshadow look since it's so dark.

on 7/29/2015 8:06:00 PM

I got this in coffee and I love it. Even though I have oily eye kids, it stays on like glue.

on 7/27/2015 2:26:00 PM

I am so happy to have found this product.
For years, I had been buying really pricey clay eyeliners at Sephora to do my signature black winged eyeliner.
Then, they started carrying E.L.F. at London Drugs and I finally had the chance to try it - hey, at $3, why not?
Amazing! It goes on with good, solid colour and stays all day with no smudging. I returned my pricey one to Sephora and have been using this one ever since.

Obviously, you should apply it with a proper eyeliner brush and not the one that it comes with...but at $3, you can't really be too surprised/disappointed that you need a different brush.

on 7/25/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is an OK eyeliner.

It gets the job done I suppose. I bought this in both its purple and ivory colors in the past. I used the purple maybe once or twice but lost it (it was really dried out when I got it, but I bought it off Amazon) and then I bought the ivory afterwards on E.L.F's site because it was on sale for less than $2 with free shipping and a free gift.

The brush that comes with it is scratchy and horrible so make sure to buy a separate eyeliner brush (ironically I use one from E.L.F's line). I can't say much for the purple, but I'll be reviewing the ivory. It's good for using on your bottom eyelid and the inner corners of your eyes to give your eyes a good POP. However, if you're looking for a strong white to wing out on your top lids then you will not find it here. It's not very opaque and it's very sparkly. The formula is very creamy. It's no doubt a good eyeliner and maybe even a great eyeliner for its price, but I would spend a few extra bucks for a different eyeliner if you were looking for an everyday liner (if you were looking for it in black).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It was ok. nothing to brag about. The brush sux that it came with and it takes a minute for it to set. doesn't compare to Rimmel London scandal eyes or even KISS 24hr eyeliner. plus lining my waterline took longer then what it should. eh. made it just too much work for me at 7 in the morn.

on 7/2/2015 1:27:00 PM

I will absolutely not use any other eyeliner.

I've used the pencils, the crayons, the liquid pens. Everything. But this is the only eyeliner that actually goes on the way that I want it to, and stays all day! Even through the desert heat! I usually pair it with the E.L.F liquid liner to get the cat eye look that I want, and they work in perfect harmony. I use the coffee colors.

Love.Love.Love.

The price is cheap, but the product is not.

on 7/1/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan. This is a dry product and it came that way when I bought it. The top was tightly secured so I don't know if it's just old and has been sitting on a store shelf for a while. I am able to get it out of the jar with a brush but it's very thick and dry and it doesn't spread well. Into the trash this goes. Save your money and buy something else instead of this.

on 6/28/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner and when I went to use it it is rock hard. I tried wetting the brush and that did nothing. It literally is so hard that I can take out the formula and it's in a perfect shape and I can throw it on the ground and it doesn't break. I have no idea what's going on with this. I think I got a super defective one. I'm not even gonna bother re buying

on 6/23/2015 11:53:00 PM

I've waited to review this liner until i had it at least a year, and i can sat that even after leaving the cap off a few nights or afternoons this has yet to dry out or clump up at all. That was the principal problem I'd heard about these, but if they can survive a year I'm good.
I find the liner creamy and easy to apply. I usually apply it with a sharpened pencil, usually the wet n wild black &brown eyeliners but a sharpened no. 2 pencil will get you the most gloriously thin line with great ease, which is perfect for drawing down your nose or temples for costume makeup.
I've never had problems with flaking or smudging, but i don't have oily eyelids so that'd not really what i look for in liner.