E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this stuff is bullshit. It may be my period, but I got so angry after trying for a solid hour to get a crisp, even line with this stuff that I actually threw it across the bathroom. I am no eyeliner novice (I wear a winged eye pretty much daily), but for the LIFE of me, I could not get a thin, crisp line to save my damn life. I tried 3 different brushes, primer, no primer, on top of eyeshadow, bare skin, free-handing, and using a business card as a guide... nothing worked.
Plus, 8 cotton pads soaked in Sensibio did nothing to get this crap off. My eyelids are legit stinging from having to scrub it off.

If your goal is to look like Amy Winehouse did your eyeliner, blindfolded, in a moving car, then by all means purchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great thing about this: I use it for my brows in the shade "Coffee". I found that using Anastasia's Dipbrow made my wallet cry so I returned it after finding out that this product performs the same thing. Of course... It only works with people who have dark brown hairs. I love this and I use it with ELF's Studio Angled Liner Brush.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I honestly think this is a great "gel" liner, especially for the price.
It's pigmented, creamy, and applies nicely. It stays put and is thin enough to get a fine line without bleeding out. I would say it lasts a long time without drying out in the pot too. I have used this in the shades black and coffee and I have been using coffee in place of dipbrow for filling in my eyebrows. It works amazingly! So easy to blend! (I have black hair with the warm undertones)
It's definitely a product that is worth giving a try! You may love it. Or hate it. Either way you're not out a lot of $ :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i use this eyeliner more than any other eyeliner. it goes on smoothly (though i tossed the brush that came with it so i cant speak for how it applies with it). ive left it open multiple times when ive been rushing to get out the door in the mornings and it didn't completely dry out. i dont like to use it for wings because it migrates a little, but it works well otherwise.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far so good.
I'm going to update this review once I have a thorough opinion since I have not put this through full day wear.
I purchased the color "black" which looks slightly sheer but is easily built up to a full coverage.
I swatched it on the back of my hand with my finger, and it felt oily/very creamy at first. The initial swatch made me think "no way is this gonna last" but after 5 seconds, it completely set! It set it a conpletely matte, almost rubberized finish. I was pleasantly surprised, and have high hopes for it. For three dollars, if it's really good then I won't be buying anything else
I'll be back soon! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm wearing it today! I had no trouble applying this, and had time to correct mistakes. I had to work fairly quickly, but even an eyeliner-challenged child like me was okay with it.
It went on nice and black, but I went over the line twice just in case I missed any spots.
I applied it with the elf slanted fine liner brush, and I was able to get a crisp but work appropriate cat eye. I'm so loving how my eyes look today!
I'll be back to edit whether or not this liner stayed throughout the entire work day.
But for now, I like it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay its gone through a full day of work, and I'm wearing it again today.
All my previous opinions still stand, but I will add on a few new things.
It smudges. But never full out raccoon eyes. Just slight smudging that I blame on my oily eyes. Other than that, the wing stays strong and true.
This eyeliner is great, and for just three dollars???
It's fantastic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was WRONGGG
This stuff smudges every single time I wear it
It bothers me more and more (especially when I NEED it to hold up)
I don't recommend it unless you have dry eyes that never get oily

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner was really great honestly. Im sticking with Maybellines gel liner because I really love that one and have used that forever it's my comfortability. but this almost compares.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

New HG liner! I've searched high and low for the perfect eye-liner for so long – the hunt is finally over!

I've used them all… liquid, gel, cream… you name it, I've tried it. This liner is beautifully pigmented, glides on smooth and stays all day without cracking or smudging. For $8 AUS it’s an absolute bargain given I was using at $59 AUS liner by YSL. My only recommendation is to buy the angled liner brush by elf, do not use the brush the liner comes with – it’s too thick to get a nice line or to do a cat eye.

I'm yet to test if it’s fully waterproof but it does last all day through watery eyes so that’s a pretty great sign already.

PRO:
Easy to apply
Pigmented
Stays all day
Doesn't smudge
Doesn't flake
Affordable

Con:
None so far

A few products I’ve tried: YSL Baby Doll Liner, Revlon Skinny Liquid Liner, Revlon Colourtstay Liquid Liner, Rimmel Exaggerate Liner, Rimmel Cream Liner, Benefit Push Up Liner, Mac Blacktrack, Mac Liquid Liner.. many more but just to name a few.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This looks nice in the container and when I first apply it. Unfortunately, 30 minutes later it's gone and leaves smudges under my eyes. It has no staying power whatsoever for me, which is a little surprising since I have dry skin. Given the cost, I think that's about what it's worth. I'm going back to my Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown that stay put and don't smudge. I really like some of the ELF products, but this definitely wasn't one of them.

I got this cream eyeliner months ago, and it sat, unopened, in my make-up drawer. I was actually afraid to use it, thought it would be messy - just waiting for when I would have time to experiment with it, which is never. I have never used a cream or gel liner before. I've only ever used, or rather TRIED TO USE, liquid (total distaster - no patience for it), and then just only used pencils (Revlon Colorstay, which is just so-so, and just picked up Rimmel waterproof ones which are much better then the Revlon).

Well, obviously the price is great at only $3. The packaging is nothing fancy, but is indeed simple elegance. I loved that it came with a little brush of its own.

What I did:

I went to youtube to search out Wayne Goss videos and one I found him showing how to do a tight line on the upper lid with gel liner (not ELF). I followed what he did using this cream liner, with the brush it came with, and made THE best tight line I ever made on my upper lid.

It looks so fabulous! I'm so proud of myself. And - it has real staying power. I put it on at 6 am this morning, and it is now 1:25, and it has not budged. I walk about a mile everyday at lunch time, its still kind of hot here, and no smudging, no melting, etc. The color is black, and it is just stunning - very pigmented. I love it!!

Like another commented: I think the brush is brilliant. Its just a short, skinny little thing, but did the exact job I need it to do without having to go out and search for a hit or miss brush.

I will def. buy this again. The only reason it got a 4 was because I cannot use this on my lower waterline.

I used the black. Lines eyes so perfectly! that little brush is genius, my eyeliner comes out so straight and smooth. And the color itself is very pigmented and dark. You'll never use a crappy pencil liner again. I got compliments on how perfect my eyeliner looked the next day. Cons: doesn't draw on the waterline. It's best for the upper lid/ corners.

*tip: you probably should add a liner to the waterline if you're pale and using this, its more of a nighttime/ smokey eyeshadow look since it's so dark.