MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Comfort

4.7

on 9/28/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an excavation from my makeup cemetery.
I love it! On my past vacation honey tanned skin it is very beautifull.
Without a tan I am an NC 20.
It is a slight golden, medium dark honey brown with a teeny tiny amount red in it. I do not need an extra highlighter because it catches the light in the right portion.
I am not shure if it works on my paler complexion but for now...thumps up!
Btw. I took it from my swap list...

on 4/3/2012 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My fave MSF ever! Gorgeous brown with gold veining. Can be used for both contouring and bronzer all over for a glow.
FGor reference I am NC25 and this suited me perfectly. Why do Mac limit edition wonderful products such as this :(

on 1/30/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this MSF, it is a gorgeous mix of gold, tan and bronze with gold veining throughout. It does have shimmer, which is gold in colour, but it is not over the top, it gives a very gorgeous glow to the face. Comfort is definitely one of the more wearable MSFs. Because it does have shimmer, I don't wear this as a bronzer but a blush as I prefer matte bronzers and putting shimmer in specific places. Comfort really complements my NC30 skin and looks amazing with my Estée Lauder soft matte bronzer working together to give me a gorgeous, healthy sunkissed glow. On my cheeks, Comfort is a touch orange but I actually like that, it's orange in a good way! The size of this MSF is 10g and it is very pigmented, definitely worth the money, I highly recommend it if you have olive undertones/ tanned skin. I think it might be a bit hard to pull off on fair skin.

on 8/14/2011 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this from a blogsale for £11 which was a huge bargain. It was my first MSF and I thought MSFs were all highlighters and so I was very surprised to see how dark and pigmented this was. It's the PERFECT bronzer for my NW30 skintone. It's a very warm tone brown and it gives a gorgeous glow. Also this MSF will last a looong time since you don't need to use that much.

I usually use it as a contour but sometimes I just use a big brush and sweep it on my cheeks, forehead etc. It works very well with soleil tan de chanel too.

Overall: LOVE this product!

on 6/20/2011 10:35:00 PM

pros - a light dusting gives skin a luminous glow without looking dirty or muddy. very pigmented (a little bit goes a long way). creates a light bronze-y look. natural looking.
- - -
cons - I'm fair skinned (NW20) so if this is applied heavily it looks muddy / orange. I usually take a large fluff brush lightly press it into the product and then tap off excess before applying.
- - -
Over all - I use this as a light bronzer. I wish MAC would make this part of the permanent collection. It gives the perfect amount of color to my face without looking obviously like make up.

on 4/30/2011 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this! I have been looking for a summer bronzer for a while, and this is the only one that I use. It has the prettiest bronzey glow, but it can tend to lean a little to the orange side, but not too much. For me it works because my skin undertone is neutral, so it works beautifully for me. If you have a cooler skin undertone or are very fair, you will want to use a light hand because it is extremely pigmented and very warm toned.

on 4/6/2011 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm suprised that I like this, seeing as I don't usually like anything orangey coloured. On my NC30 golden toned skin, comfort looks quite nice...gives a subtle soft bronzey glow with finely milled shimmer that doesn't look tacky or OTT. I usually apply it along my cheekbone for a bit of colour and contouring at the same time. Blends really easily and lasts throughout the day. Brings a warmth to my face without anyone actually being able to put their finger on what it is! Despite the strong orange/yellow tone it looks in the pan, it doesn't really look that way on my skin.

on 1/24/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this to use as a cheek and forehead highlighter, and at first I wasn't all that impressed. However, I had never taken pictures while wearing it. Well, I put it on when I went out the other night, and I had taken a lot of pictures. And, it made my pictures look great! It gives my skin the perfect glow, but not in an ugly, glittery way.
Instead, Comfort gives a great sheen to the skin.
I've noticed that Gold Deposit gives me a bright yellow look, which I can't stand. But, Comfort gives me a sandy/beigy golden look.
I'm a NC50 and NW45, for reference.

on 12/28/2010 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This gives you a beautiful glow - but you have to be careful if you have a fair skintone! I am NC20-25, and I have to apply this with a bigger fluffy brush to be sure to not have this too concentrated. This would also work well with a stippling brush.
If you use to much, this can quickly get orangey. I would liken it to two other products: 1) Cargo medium bronzer if it was a bit deeper and stronger in pigment, 2) UD Baked Bronzer with less sheen. I loved that bronzer but thought it had way too much frost in it for my sometimes oily skin.
I was able to get this at the CCO and am happy with it, but it isn't HG for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This I use to contour. It is not very shimmery the color fits perfectly as a contour on my skintone. Color pigmentation is good and it is blendable. Too Bad its limited but if it does come out again I will definetly repurchase.

Top Rated MAC Products