Turmeric Mask

Turmeric Powder

on 6/28/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Curcumin has a number of medicinal properties: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor. Medicinal properties of turmeric have been known since the second millennium BC. Turmeric used in ancient India for the treatment of a wide range of diseases. So I decided to try this drug against pain in the back, which did not allow to sleep. Miracle! For 2 months of taken, the pain began to leave!

on 6/12/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have used a variation of this mask for years. It works so well, is super easy to mix up & costs almost nothing compared to the store bought masks i'd use. My favorites are:
Tumeric, besan & yohurt mix for brightening.
Turmeric, honey & yoghurt mix for hydration.
Turmeric, honey, yoghurt & a drop of ACV for brughtening, hydrating & toning.
Love it!

I have made a mask out of turmeric (1tsp), gram flour (1tsp), jojoba oil (1 tsp), lemon juice (1tbs), and milk (as needed). You can play with the liquid ingredients until you achieve a relatively thin consistency, which will improve ease of application and help in the removal process.

So, I have used this mask a couple times and I am impressed at the brightening properties! I am going to start making this mask apart of my beauty routine and apply it 1-2 times a week. The more you use it the quicker you will see results.

If your skin is stained yellow after washing the tumeric mask you have a few options. You can either use an exfoliating cleanser, but if you do not have that on hand you can use table sugar and water to scrub your face free of any yellow residue.

I am looking forward to the future payoff of this mask. Highly recommend!

on 4/27/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've found that turmeric mixed with lemon juice works best for my undereye circles. A few applications of this over a week, and my under eye area looked bright. Never saw such an immediate effect with store bought creams. It is very messy, and stains your towel when you're wiping it off, which is why I like to limit it to just an under eye treatment tried it a few times on my dark spots on my face, and I didn't see much of an effect, but I might just need to give it more time. As for acne, I didn't like this too much. I found that my honey and milk masks worked much better and were less messy.

on 4/6/2015 11:01:00 PM

DARK CIRCLE SUFFERERS PLEASE READ

Let me first state I don't buy store bought products anymore, I just feel natural products work better and are more cost effective. The reason I STOPPED buying store bought products is I've spent HUNDREDS of dollars trying to minimize my under eye circles. I've had them since I was young and the older i get they become progressively worse. I have just come to accept I will always have to wear makeup under my eyes (2 layers) and hide form my boyfriend in the morning. I saw reviews and videos on it (even the ones here) and said let me give it a try, only a few people talk about dark circles. The ones who did said it worked but it was a lot of sifting to get past the acne and acne blemish posts.
So I purchased the turmeric and I decided to use it on overload to see the results. I can afford to do it more than some because of my darker skin. I still saw a yellowish tint and I had to use a cotton ball and oil to clean off twice to get the yellow tint to leave AFTER I had already washed off the product. Let me just tell you that I'm in SHOCK! I don't leave reviews anywhere. Like literally anywhere. I used it 2x per day for 2 days and left it on for about an hour each time, just to see if it did anything and this is the best my dark circles have looked in years! I still really can't believe it. I went out today for the first time in years without make up. They are not gone YET (I say yet with confidence) but they are better and that made me feel great. At first I questioned myself and said no way I want them to go away so I'm convincing myself but by the 4th 1 hour application, I couldn't deny what was happening. It's actually clearing them away. I didn't sleep yesterday and they were still better than the past. It may take long if you are not on overload so I did 2x for an hour each for 1 hour each.....if you are doing it 20 mins 2/week it would take 12 applications or 6 weeks for you notice what I do. Please don't give up and think it doesn't work. I have a short attention span so I knew if I didn't overdo it at first I wouldn't stick with it. If you are fairer skinned and want quick results....If you have the time to do quite a few wipe downs to clean it off go for it. I'm happier with these results than I've ever been with any product I've used for my eyes. Best overdose I've ever done ;-)

My latest recipe for my entire face
besam
buttermilk
turmenic

My other recipe for just eyes
buttermilk
turmeinc

on 3/19/2015 12:35:00 AM

I honestly can't believe this doesn't have more reviews due to all the hype about Turmeric lately! This amazing natural spice, in conjunction with ACV, is solely responsible for clearing up my skin. I already wrote a post about ACV (which is liquid gold)...well this shit is powdered gold! I literally have not had this clear of skin since...um, ever?
I use a brand name turmeric from the regular grocery store, it's super cheap. I've been using a variety of masks with this stuff for a little over a week, and have already seen dramatic results.
The masks I have tried are:
- Turmeric + honey (good, but messy - use in the bath!)
- Turmeric + milk + rice powder (really hard to get off, it cakes on the skin, prob my least fave mix)
- Turmeric + Aztec Healing Clay + ACV (my favorite so far)
I have yet to try it with plain yogurt, but I plan to and I will update my review :)

Within the first few applications I could see my skin getting brighter with more of the "glow" that people talk about. Within the next few times my scars are visibly reduced (still there, nonetheless, but much lighter than before). My skin is always super soft after washing the mask off and breakouts are minimized. YES - it does stain. And yes, you will look like you have frolicked in a mustard field or have baby diarrhea on your face (sorry, but it's true.) But honestly with how well it works, it isn't even really an issue for me, you just have to be extra careful! It will stain the sink, clothes, but your face will only be temporarily stained I promise :) I apply it at night, and after my morning shower there are no traces of oompa loompa skin! Yay!
Anyways, give it a try, I have found my new holy grail skin care item and I highly recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish I could share in all of these great reviews, except I've been crying about my face for the last 24 hours. I had used the turmeric mask with honey for just over 3 days. I didn't notice a difference, but I didn't notice any problems, either. Except yesterday morning I woke up, and I kid you not, I have hundreds of tiny layered bumps everywhere I laid the mask. Forehead, cheeks, upper lip and chin. My skin looks as though I have a landscape growing out of it. Considering my skin was relatively clear before this mask, and I have made no changes in diet or skin routine except turmeric, I know its this. I did try this on my arm before use and had no allergic reaction, but apparently turmeric can cause a delayed skin reaction when left on as a mask. It has been a day and my skin still looks disgustingly bumpy. I love natural remedies, and if all of these people had good results, then I don't want to discourage anyone. I just want people to know this can have adverse effects, and to work with caution when trying this. If you know you are sensitive to certain foods or spices, avoid this altogether, or else you may end up with dermatitis like me, and it is awful.

Update: It's been a week and the bumps have finally gone down thanks to some cortisone given by my doctor. There are still red spots you can see without my makeup, however. My doctor said that if you are acne prone or sensitive to avoid spices on the face in general, regardless of other people's reactions being positive. Wish I had asked her before trying this.

on 2/27/2015 8:51:00 PM

I really wanted to love turmeric for a face mask, but I don't. I used it consistently, and tried different ingredients to mix it with.

I have used it with rice flour, chickpea flour, and no flour. I tried it with yoghurt, honey, lemon, and even with just plain water. (I tried all those combined, as well as combining only certain things and so on). It made my skin feel very smooth, but did not help with the breakouts.

I may try it again sometime, since I haven't in a long time and am looking for something to lighten my acne scars.

I am going to start taking it internally. I will start to mix a teaspoon or two with a glass of milk before bed, and I'll update my with my results. Even if it doesn't help with my acne, I will most likely continue taking it internally for its other benefits.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Turmeric is very effective in treating acne, it has been used for hundreds of years and it contains no harsh chemicals and is all natural. Add it to ur cooking for its many health benefits. If you see skin of people who constantly have those turmeric pastes on their face you can find not one blemish or scaring whatsoever

I've done a mixture with plain yogurt and turmeric and after two days I find it stinging, so I replace the yogurt and add turmeric to water and add rice flour instead. I find the yogurt stinging, so maybe its too harsh for me, also, I prefer using just a little bit of turmeric, too many can be stinging and the stain may be more deeper and difficult to remove.

I would suggest powdered turmeric because raw turmeric can be stinging. I would also suggest just plain water and rice flour if you have sensitive skin

Do try to experiment with different ratios of ingredients but less is more especially for your face, and there is no need to the mask to be super thick especially when you'll be using it often, a little is enough

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Adds a glow to my skin. Clears up acne and lightens up acne scars. Exfoliates my skin. A little messy because of the staining but its totally worth it

Popular Face Skincare Products

Fix+
Turmeric Mask
Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip Oil
Unblemish

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products