April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Pro Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Stacieeelovesit

The reason why I even decided to give this product a try was because I am absolutely in love with the MAC Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. So I decided to give the Pro Makeup Remover a try as well.

The difference is like light & day. This is probably one of the worst makeup removers I've used and considering it cost a whopping $20 makes me even more unsatisfied. It's almost as bad as just using soap & water to remove your makeup, because I was literally scrubbing on my eyelids to remove the waterproof eyeliner and let's NOT even talk about removing the waterproof mascara!

Compared to the MAC Gently Off makeup remover, which easily removes all my waterproof makeup, this product really does absolutely nothing and I truly believe it is a complete waste of money. BUT if any of you do not wear waterproof makeup, I guess this would do it's job for you, but then again...why not just spend 1/3 of the money on buying a bar of soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chezzagaga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im shocked to see all the bad comments. ok..it is expensive as the bottle is small..but i found it removed the makeup well..and my eye area felt tight as if toned. but then i love anything mac. amazing products.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre product. I like that there is no scent and no residue. It takes off most of my eye makeup after spending some time rubbing. It doesn't completely remove some waterproof mascaras and my Mac Kohl Power eyeliner either. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by leah622

Works perfectly with everything except waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by emmdub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG eye makeup remover for a few years now. I have very sensitive eyes and this never ever makes my eyes burn -at all-. It's pretty expensive though.. $10 for 30ml or $20 for 100ml. If I were to wear eyemakeup every day, I would go through a 100ml bottle at LEAST 3-4 times a year, if not more frequently! The packaging is okay, but it seems like a lot of remover comes out at one time, so you have to kind of be a bit careful with it. I just can't afford that, so I am trying to find a less expensive alternative. I got Klorane soothing eye make-up remover from Birchbox recently and I'm trying that out. Will update!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jenmichelle523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this hoping it would take off my waterproof mascara. Nope.

It does a great job removing my eye makeup, without burning my really sensitive eyes. But it does not take off my waterproof mascara. I had to rub way too hard at it for it to remove even a quarter of it. I'm very disappointed because I liked how gentle it otherwise was.

Not worth the money for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I'm on my second bottle of this and love it. I cannot use the dual phase removers on my sensitive eyes. They irritate and make my eyes water forever. This is not like that. It's gentle and yet gets all my makeup off. I haven't used it on waterproof mascara, but it gets off my MUFE aqua creams and waterproof eyeliner in one swipe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many eye makeup removers, and this has been the only one that doesn't irritate my eyes but still gets off all of my eye makeup.

Eye makeup removers that are dual-phase, meaning that you have to shake it before you use it, irritate my eyes to no end. I am always wary of ones that you do not have to shake. Usually they are too gentle and don't remove anything. This easily takes off my most stubborn eyeliner and waterproof mascara. It doesn't try out my skin, which I really appreciate since my under eye area is already dry. I don't need to rub hard to get off everything.

I do use a makeup cleaner afterwards which gets anything that is stuck on.

What I also like about this remover is that if I make a mistake with my makeup, I can take a q-tip or cotton round to remove any mistake without having to wash the skin afterwards. Dual-phase removers leave a residue which makes me want to wash my whole face to get rid of the greasiness. With this, I just have to wait for the remover to dry and then I can get on with my makeup without any gaps or skips in my eye makeup.

This is expensive at $21, but it is completely worth it to me. Having my eyes turn red, watery and itchy every time that I want to remove makeup is not something that I want to deal with. A 100mL bottle will usually last me 4-5 months doing my makeup 4-6 times a week. I only need one cotton round for each eye, so I don't really use that much anyway.

If you have a problem finding a eye makeup remover that doesn't irritate your eyes or dry out your skin, I would try this one. I've gone through at least ten bottles at this point and not once has it bothered me. Plus, it counts towards Back to MAC. A total win!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am using Latisse, so my lashes are quite long. I found several drugstore brand eye makeup remover inadequate, and wasted alot of money on the many brands I tried. I Went into the MAC store, cause I was at my wit's end. I bought this product. I found the little hole at the top of the bottle was slightly inadequate to produce enough MU remover on the cotton ball, but I can ignor that. If I apply enough product to the cotton ball, (sometimes it seems like it requires quite a bit, but possibly that's cause of the small hole), I find my mascara more or less is removed. Sometimes I can still see flakes of mascara on my lids. So, I gave packing quality a 3. I know most department st ore make up removers are over 16.00, and this didn't bother me. Sometimes, the MAC doesn't remove all of my waterproof eyeliner, which is irritating to me, and why I bought it in the first place. Afterall, the waterproof eyeliner is by MAC. It does one thing good, I like. If I happen to notice eyeliner it didn't remove from the night before, I can easily apply it to a q tip, and remove it. The thing is, for 18.00, it shouldn't leave any residue. But, I find that it does, just not nearly as bad as others. So, I'm not really pleased with this, and will try others, when I'm finished with this bottle. Some have given Clinique good ratings, and I've never used anything from the Clinique counter. I think I will.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use Clinique's Take The Day Off Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips. I was at the MAC counter when I realized the bottle I had at home was nearly finished. On a whim, I asked the SA helping me if they had a good MU remover that wouldn't irritate my eyes. He showed me the Pro Eye Makeup Remover and told me that I could even use it while wearing my contacts, it was that gentle.

Because it was the same price as the Clinique one, I purchased a bottle along with my other goodies. I was very disappointed with the Pro. About ten seconds after using it, it stings my eyes slightly. It removes my eye mu okay, especially my eyeshadow but I feel like the bottle doesn't allow me to put a lot of the solution on the cotton ball without added effort. I have to make sure to scrub my eyelids very well even after using the Pro, because it doesn't always do the best job of taking off my mascara and eyeliner.

The first time I used it, I instantly thought about returning it to Macy's for a refund. I didn't have time to make it back out to the mall, however, so I've had to keep using this bottle. As soon as it runs out, I'm going back to Clinique for sure! It works like a charm, NEVER stings my eyes, and even has a lovely, soothing scent.