April 24, 2014 | 1920 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Diorshow Extase in black was the first luxury mascara I liked enough to buy (and bought again). It gives fat, fanned out lashes with a feathery effect. It takes some time to dry after application (don't blink) but doesn't flake, smudge, or run. The brush should be cleaned often as clumps tend to gather in the bristles. I'm less loyal these days but would purchase this again if the mood struck and budget allowed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by rupcru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this mascara for several years now and I can't fault it. My lashes look thick and long and feel comfortable. No clumping either. Just as importantly it doesnt budge but is easy to remove. No more panda eyes. This is one of the few products I keep repurchasing. For me this is the best mascara on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by jademichelle9

I was a huge fan of Dior Black Out and only bought this when black out was not in stock. It is AMAZING. My HG mascara, without a doubt. The pigmentation is fantastic, (I use black) which just adds instant wow factor. I find other black mascaras look a little grey on my lashes but this one is BLACK. Countless people have thought I was wearing false eyelashes. The formula is wet, so avoid if that's not your thing. The brush tends to carry too much product but it's never caused much of an issue regarding clumping. It's also stayed put when crying, swimming (don't ask) and in a surprise rain downpour!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I received a deluxe sample of this mascara from Sephora. I must say I really do like it. I apply on both my top and bottom lashes, not too much clumping, goes on pretty smoothly. It is a little drier than most formulas which I actually like! It makes it less gloopy. Does not smudge too much unless you tear. Would I purchase? At $26 a pop probably not. Although these days even drugstore mascaras run pretty high for no reason. Telescopic is what? Almost $17? This is only 6 dollars more so maybe. I have to say for me this is as good a mascara as it gets.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by nunu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

So, I loved Diorshow and Iconic and usually paired them to get volume and length, and then metal eyelash combed between coats.

Extase replaces all of these steps! I love it! No need for an eyelash comb even. This is literally the first mascara I've ever used that does that. It's non-clumpy, volumizing, lengthening, blackening, and non-drying or spidery. Perfect!!!

However, it is complicated to work with, and for that I deduct a star. First, it is goopy - I end up trying to get most of it off on the edge of the tube and then I wipe it thoroughly with a tissue, so the wand barely has product on it. It then goes on perfectly. It's wasteful, but I don't use mascara every day and for the perfection of my lashes, to me it's worth it.

Next, it is wet, and takes a bit to dry. When I do a full face, I spray MAC Fix+ over my face. Have to put Extase on after I do that because it gets even wetter and smudges if I spray after mascara application. In spite of all this I will buy buy buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by crystalstar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this consistently now for about 3 years and have to say that hands down this is THE best mascara EVER!!! It's a bit pricey but well worth it. It plumps my lashes with few to no lumps and wears well throughout the day - even with my oily skin. Also, it washes off well with my regular facial soap. Only when I layer it heavily do I feel that I needed a makeup remover to totally remove it. This truly is my HG mascara and hopefully this will never get discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by geoknox

I really like this mascara. Previously I have only ever used drugstore mascaras and I did notice a difference with this one. However I'm not sure it lives up to the 30ish dollars it costs.
This mascara does not clump, flake, or wear out through the day.
It is soft to the touch, no crunchy lashes!
It makes my lashes look double the length that they really are. I just wish it was in the $20-25 range.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

It's okay.. comparable to drug store mascaras. I curl my lashes with shisheido's eyelash curler from sephora and then apply a coat of this on. It's relatively clumpy and super black. The Tiered Brush is way too big to do a good job on it's application. The original Diorshow volumizes and lengthens and made my eyelashes super light and fluttery. The extase formula is clumpy and heavy. I don't really care for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a deluxe sample of this from sephora. I have tried to like it, but I just can't. First of all, this doesn't plump my lashes at all or add volume. It just makes them longer, but it's really barely noticeable that I'm even wearing mascara. The brush really is too huge in my opinion. The formula is very dry and clumpy. I think it has too many fibers in it. All these fiber clumps show up everywhere, I'm pretty good at applying mascara so it doesn't take a lot for me to make it work, but I couldn't make this work for me. None of the cheapy drugstore mascaras I have bought have ever clumped like this, so for such an expensive mascara, this is unacceptable. I feel like this is what I would expect if I bought an expired dried out mascara out of a clearance bin for $1.

There were two pros, one was that it didn't weigh down my lashes (probably because it didn't add volume), and the other was that it was pretty easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Adds tons of volume, Dior mascaras are the best. I was a dior show girl before I tried this one, in love.