September 17, 2014 | 1272 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2027 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dreamqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My forever HG foundation is Revlon colorstay in buff but recently it's too drying ( maybe because i'm more dry now than oily when i was younger) and i hate the make-up geisha look that makes me old. I was looking for a natural but long wearing foundation for the beach. Naturally i would gravitate to revlon, it's cheap and dependable. I'm happy i made the switch!!! My face looks natural, young and amazing in photos. Shell matched my skintone. It does not oxidize. Does not cake. You can pile it on you face and wouldn't look heavy. Medium coverage. Easy to reapply and fix during the day, unlike colorstay. It does make my nose oily and does slide off after 4 hours. At least you look like a natural beauty instead of a girl wearing thick cemented make up. I love wearing this everyday!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sofgrove

I used this foundation a couple of years ago, for a while. I wasn't very makeup conscious back then so I continued to buy it because I thought the price was good and I knew Revlon was a good brand.
It's only now that I use different foundations that I realise how bad this product worked on my skin. When I applied it I got little coverage on my scars and blemishes which is the most important thing I look for in current foundations I buy, so it would need to be built up a lot to get a reasonable coverage.
After wearing this for about 3 hours it had started to slide off my face and make my t zone look very dry. I must admit, this foundation is good when taking photos, but who wants photos when scars and blemishes are noticeable?
Please don't be put off Revlon just because of this review as I rave about several of their other products, such as Revlon Colorstay which I highly recommend (you can find my review for this on my profile)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated this stuff. it doesn't make u "photo ready" at all... it makes u shiny. it also make my skin feel ecky and greasy. maybe it would work good for someone else with dry skin but my friend and I(she has normal skin) both did not like it. maybe I'll try again if I hear of a reformulation..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation, good coverage and i actually like the shimmer. plus its barely noticable. i bought the shade vanilla which was perfect. this foundation works with my dry skin as well, makes me look lively. i love it, give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Exhaustibility

This is the most amazing drugstore foundation i have ever used. It gives my face this perfect porcelain doll look. I get compliments on my skin all the time and my skin looks perfect in pictures!! I recommend this foundation to everyone! I suggest it to all my friends and they are hooked. The price is high for a drugstore makeup, but you get what you pay for. I believe its 16-20 dollars in Canada. The packaging is only 3/5 because the lid never stays on it always falls off. Other than that its the best and i will continue to buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation as a dupe for Makeup Forever's HD Foundation (darn those makeup dupes on Pinterest!). The color selection was nice, I purchased Shell which is right-on for my complexion. The finish of the foundation is shimmery, which is nice for summer when you're outside and you want to look glowy. The issue I have with this foundation is that it blends to a point where it is sitting right on the skin and under the peach fuzz on my face. Most foundations don't accentuate this. I don't have large pores or lots of hair or dry skin on my face but this foundation made it look like I did! It settled into pores and under tiny hairs, even with primer, brush application (going downward to avoid it sticking to tiny hairs), and blending. I am very disappointed with this foundation as far as the finish. I tried it on multiple occasions and keep testing it to see if I am just being too picky but every time I just wash it off and start over. The smell was not offensive, it didn't break me out; I love the packaging (pump foundations are my favorite), the color (yellow undertones like my skin), and even the sparkle in the formula, but the actual coverage looked like a weird makeup residue that had gotten stuck on my face and not like foundation that I applied on purpose. Revlon has several other foundations I like, but this one just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

Love love loooooove this foundation. I will definitely repurchase it. No complaint at all. But if you prefer a matte finish, I don't recommend it tho. However, if u like a dewy finish like me, you will fall in love with this babe. The sparkling thingy doesn't bother me, I even like it. So, love!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by JALT

I tend to stay away from liquid foundations because I don't like to feel like I'm painting my skin. But every once and a while, a review convinces me to give liquid another try--that's how I ended up with PhotoReady. I really dislike this foundation. I find the colour to be a bit too yellow and the formula is too thin--I feel like it just sits on top of my skin and looks very obviously like makeup. Other reviewers have mentioned the shimmer and I strongly dislike that, as well. I'm 28 and I try to avoid putting any kind of glittery products on my face--it's most noticeable on your fingers after application and it's VERY difficult to wash off your hands. Overall, it just feels yucky. I have normal skin (not oily or dry), but I find that this foundation accentuates the tiniest bit of dryness in my skin and even after setting with powder, I get quite shiny during the day.
This product's only redeeming quality is its beautiful packaging and dispenser.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by sparklyghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Liquid foundations are the bane of my existence. I was in need of new foundation and decided to pick this up, as Revlon has a good deal of products that work for pale olive skin. While it matched my skin tone as well as I had expected, everything else about this product sucked. If you have dry skin, this foundation isn't for you. It clung to every dry patch, bump, and pore I had, even with lots of moisturizer and primer underneath. The coverage is very light and it takes a lot of product -- two pumps -- to build it up to medium. And as other reviewers have said, there's little sparkly bits in it. You can mostly avoid that by shaking the foundation before you apply it, but the sparkles will still be there. Not a flattering look, especially when it's cracked and spiderwebbing across your dry skin. Save your money, don't buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by FallenLeaf

I actually love the airbrushed and regular liquid of this product. It doesn't have a full coverage and it does sparkle but I love it. I already owned every product of this line and love it.