November 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2035 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by TFaulkner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Revlon Colorstay makeup previously but it was a bit too heavy for me. I've been using Photoready (in Shell) for the last month or so and I'm really liking it. Pump bottle is easy to use and you don't need a lot, a half-pump or so is usually enough. When used with the Photoready Primer with Color Correct it goes on very smoothly and hides pores very well. Coverage is good and it's buildable. I really like the gentle glow it gives my face. Some people have mentioned the sparkly bits might be a bit much but I find a light dusting of face powder (I just use Cover Girl loose powder with a puff) sets it well and leaves a really nice luminescence. Price is a bit higher than I prefer but both products are often on sale. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by JullieB

I've been turning to this even more now that it's fall/winter. My skin is normal/dry with some oiliness in the t-zone. To apply, I just rub about 1/2 pump between my fingers and daub on starting with nose-chin-forehead and under my eyes (lightly) and blend out from there. If I need more, just use a small amount as it goes a long way. This foundation adds warmth, a bit of radiance (the mica factor is pretty minimal in my opinion) and provides a natural, long-lasting finish. It doesn't oxidize or make me shiny--just wears all day and looks good. In my job, I often go from morning until evening so need something with minimal touch ups and this fits the bill. Would love it if it was a little more natural and 'good' for my skin, but I like it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is my back-up drugstore foundation, I primarily use MAC Pro-long wear, but if I'm running low or I'm not going out much that day I'll wear this one instead. Their Nude shade is a good color match for me, I don't notice the sparkles and neither does anyone I've asked so that is not a problem for me. I would say it's light-medium coverage, slightly buildable, a good concealer is necessary if you need to cover blemishes or dark circles but it does a good job of evening skin tone without making it look cakey or fake. It is a bit emollient for my tastes, I get shiny with it, but I get shiny with most foundations which is why MAC's Pro-long wear is my go-to. Nevertheless, I will always have a bottle of this in my arsenal.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh. This product is horrible. It has poor coverage and is full of mica particles so that the finish on your face is like the frosting on a cake: Shimmering. Who the heck what's to look like that unless you are going out trick or treating for Halloween?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Jennnmh

I have combination-oily skin with visible pores and have spent a small fortune over the years tying to find a foundation that stays relatively flawless all day and keeps my shine under control. I always end up coming back to the Photoready range because I can't justify spending more $$ on other brands that do basically the same thing as Photoready for every day use. It looks natural for daytime and work, dinners etc whereas Mac Studio Fix and Estée Lauder Double Wear are what I use for nights out and special event make up.

Daily routine - I pat on the Photoready Primer, I use a stippling brush to dab and blend the Photoready liquid in Medium beige, then follow with a light dusting all over with the Photoready powder in light/medium to keep it natural. (If not using bronzer I will use powder in medium/dark to contour). Follow with touch of bronzer and just small amount of highlighter as this product combination skin gives a nice glow on its own.

This product does not eliminate my shine but I find it much easier to touch up during the day than other brands and it lasts 4 hours into the day before I need to touch up. I just blot my oily spots with blotting paper and then lightly dust the Photoready powder in and blend out to make my face smooth again. It looks as if I have just applied fresh and does not cake.

Overall an awesome product, very hard to find foundation for oily skin that does not require touch up throughout the day and this one does a great job for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Bibaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I've been using this foundation for about 2 years now, I'll change my foundation as much as I want but I keep coming back to this one. This foundation is long lasting, however may need some touch ups for oily skin and looks absolutely gorgeous in photos. Although this foundation may not last as long as you want it too for oily skin, blemishes/ pimples are still covered, you just get less of that dewy makeup finish after a while :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sbann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I have got to write this review to let people know what a great product this truly is for me. I have literally tried every high end makeup for the past 2 mo. Let me start by saying I am 46, with some deep acne scars on my cheeks and uneven skin tone and white spots at the bottom of my cheeks that foundation or concealer would not cover and the start of wrinkles (or fine lines) around mouth and under eyes and forehead. When I was in my 20's I use to wear Colorstay matte foundation. Loved it. As I got a little older, I starting buying more expensive makeup thinking it was better for your skin. :) Anyway, my skin has been going through some crazy changes, I am starting to get a lot drier on my face and all the other issues I listed above. I had recently bought Chanel Le Lift serum and Le Lift Crème to get my skin to look normal. I also bought Chanel Perfectionist makeup. I was struggling with the makeup to make it look nice. I thought, I just spent $55 and I used quite a bit trying it with primers, moisturizer, BB cream underneath and nothing seemed to make it the way I wanted it to look. I have tried samples of almost every makeup at Sephora and Macys. I was almost going to give up and do without. :) There is no way I can but nice thought. :) I have been doing a lot of reading to see what was still out there that I haven't tried. I decided to try the Colorstay again. It was fine when I was oily but just didn't do it for me now and it was hard to find the right shade. I also purchased True Match. It wasn't bad but felt a little heavy for me. Had to use primer, BB cream and concealer to cover the white spots and still some were showing. Returned that and decided to try the Magic Nude Liquid Powder (btw, same ingredients as Armani Maestro w/out the scent) Figured if foundation wouldn't cover, I might as well go lighter and just accept the fact that my imperfections would show. I first put a little concealer on it and applied the foundation with my fingers. Honestly it is a good makeup. My white spots covered pretty well and it felt like you have no makeup on. I did half my face in that and compared it to the Chanel and the Magic Nude looked 100% better than the Chanel. I also picked up the Revlon Photoready, just on a whim. Knew it probably wouldn't match my skin tone but what the heck. With half my face now in Magic Nude and put the Revlon Photoready on the other, I was shocked. I applied it with a stippling brush and no primer, no moisturizer, no BB cream just the foundation. AMAZING. My pores literally disappeared, the color match was absolutely perfect and it made all my white spots disappear with one layer. My acne scars are still there but really nothing will fill them in but they are less noticeable. This is truly pretty. I hate when makeup says luminous because it means greasy. This provides a healthy glow. Didn't really see the glitter that everyone is talking about. Truly it looks like an expensive foundation. I can't stress how pretty and healthy my skin looks with it on. I did spray UD setting spray just because someone said it keeps it in place better. Again, I only applied one layer and a little extra on my scars. It is lightweight, never felt heavy. It kind of settled into my laugh lines a tad bit but truly not bad. My forehead showed a little of the lines after a while but so much better than the Chanel. I truly looked 10 years younger and just healthy. I know we all have different skin and all but this is perfect for me. I was so excited, I called my husband to let him know I finally found the perfect foundation. Called all my girlfriends to let them know all about the foundation. I am kind of old school and hate that these days we feel like we have to purchase primer to make our $50 foundation look good. We never had to buy primer when I was younger. :) You have to find what works for you. After research, if you are going to use a primer, make sure they match up. Silicone primer with silicone foundation. Water primer with water foundation. As far as the stippling brush application, it makes it flawless. I didn't realize that I had been doing that application all wrong. You are only suppose to get foundation on the white tips only and literally tap your skin with the brush. Don't rub, just dot. Truly flawless. I am sooooo happy that this makeup is wonderful. Try it and hopefully you will love it as much as I do......hope this helps someone that is going through the same problems I was having.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for around two years now. It is my HG foundation. This foundation is medium to full coverage and gives you a dewy look. If dewy is not your thing, this foundation is not for you. Also, this foundation will ONLY work for dry-normal skin tone, not oily or acne prone skin. This foundation is very hydrating and covers all of my redness, pores and fine lines. I get compliments all the time on how flawless my foundation is from strangers and friends. I heard that people are complaining about shiny specs in the foundation but I have been using this foundation for two years and I can honestly say there isn't any noticeable specs of anything in it. It is a very dewy foundation so it can come off as shiny on the wrong skin. I have dryish- normal skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dreamqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My forever HG foundation is Revlon colorstay in buff but recently it's too drying ( maybe because i'm more dry now than oily when i was younger) and i hate the make-up geisha look that makes me old. I was looking for a natural but long wearing foundation for the beach. Naturally i would gravitate to revlon, it's cheap and dependable. I'm happy i made the switch!!! My face looks natural, young and amazing in photos. Shell matched my skintone. It does not oxidize. Does not cake. You can pile it on you face and wouldn't look heavy. Medium coverage. Easy to reapply and fix during the day, unlike colorstay. It does make my nose oily and does slide off after 4 hours. At least you look like a natural beauty instead of a girl wearing thick cemented make up. I love wearing this everyday!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sofgrove

I used this foundation a couple of years ago, for a while. I wasn't very makeup conscious back then so I continued to buy it because I thought the price was good and I knew Revlon was a good brand.
It's only now that I use different foundations that I realise how bad this product worked on my skin. When I applied it I got little coverage on my scars and blemishes which is the most important thing I look for in current foundations I buy, so it would need to be built up a lot to get a reasonable coverage.
After wearing this for about 3 hours it had started to slide off my face and make my t zone look very dry. I must admit, this foundation is good when taking photos, but who wants photos when scars and blemishes are noticeable?
Please don't be put off Revlon just because of this review as I rave about several of their other products, such as Revlon Colorstay which I highly recommend (you can find my review for this on my profile)