NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

3.3

on 6/9/2015 1:02:00 PM

This is such a good product this jar will last forever and you only need a little bit like a thin layer spread over the eye i use a small synthetic flat brush to apply this and like i stated above only use a small amount bc if you apply to much your eyeshadow will crease.. This makes eyeshadow not only pop and become much brighter but it will make it last all day and night i have this in the skintone the white and the white shimmery color out of them all i use the nude and the white the most. They are very creamy and easy to blend out..this is one of my favorite eye bases and its enexpensive this base is also good for covering any discoloring on the lids or veins that you might want to cover...i definitely recommend this product

on 6/9/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Good eye primer, no complaints as far as the actual product. My complaint lies with the packaging. I would have to mess up a makeup brush to get product out so I didn't mess up my acrylic nails. When I'd use my finger, primer would get all up under my nails. So I did use up the whole jar (it lasted freaking forever!) but I had to use a makeup brush every time. I wish Nyx would skip the jars and package differently on their primers and concealers.

on 5/28/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been reading reviews on this product and it seems like most people really dislike it, which I didn't expect because I love this product. I personally have very oily eyelids. I've tried the E.L.F. eyelid primer and my eyeshadow creased within the first 30 minutes. This base works wonders for me. I have pretty yellow undertones in my skin, so this matches my skin pretty well. This base doesn't crease on me AT ALL. I can wear my make up all day and my eyeshadow will look exactly the same as when I put it on. However, I think some people who hated it, may want to try setting it with a powder. When I put it on, I use my finger, or a brush, but you have to really blend it, because just like any other primer, if you use too much, it's going to do the opposite of what you want. Then I set it with my translucent face powder, and then go in with whatever eyeshadows I'm going to be wearing that day. When I set it with powder, there is no movement all day. This product will stay exactly where I put it without any creasing.

All in all, I love this product, it actually works better for me than MAC paintpots. I will repurchase this over and over.

on 5/21/2015 12:18:00 AM

I bought this because I actually like primers in pots (normally I use the MAC paint pot but I was low on $$ last time I ran out). What a waste. It's a nasty yellowish tint and if I didn't cover every millimeter of it, I looked jaundiced. The texture is alright, but a bit too thin and greasy for my tastes. And frankly....it didn't work. Like at all. I don't have extraordinarily oily lids, but my shadow would be entirely in my crease by mid-day when I used this. I waited for Ulta's Beauty Days sale and bought the Smashbox primer half price. still not as good as MAC but a huuuuge step up from NYX .

on 4/13/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I previously bought this in white and I liked it a lot. I still have a lot left. But I picked this up to use mainly as a lip base, since the white will change the color of lipstick too much and the lip primer in the stick was a lot smaller, so I figured this would work. I also looked into the 'reverse liner' but some people said it could be weird looking so I went with this. So far, so good. I like the texture of this. It feels almost creamier than the white one. I find it makes my shadow last and stick just as much as the white one, which I found worked well also. This is just a bit easier to appy because of the consistancy. It does work as a lip base just NOT with nudes. That's kind of obvious but I did it and my color was horrific with this shade really taking over (concealer lips). But with darker shades it really helps keep it on and in place, and since it's an eye primer too I figured I'd have a use for it either way.

I also like this because it doesn't have cyclo-siloxanes, like the HD primer does. I can't use them, so even though the HD one got great reviews, I'm glad they have other, decent options as well. Plus this lasts a long time.

on 3/25/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this off of Hautelook, so I got a pretty good deal with it. At first, I used to really like this product because it gives me a clean slate to work on with my eyeshadows. But the more I read the reviews, the more I realized that people were right. This stuff creases like crazy especially if you put a lot of it on. It holds the eyeshadow fairly well but I don't think it makes it more pigmented or anything. It also tends to settle on my fine lines the longer I wear it. Nothing special, really. If I were you I'd save my money and invest on a better primer than this.

on 3/7/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OH boy, do i wish i read reviews before purchasing this product. GIRL, if you are reading this, WALK AWAY CHILD and WALK OVER TO THE ELF EYE PRIMER.

Normally, i start with the pros but this is so shitty, i had to start with the CONS.

CONS
- price. holy shit, for 1-3$ i can buy an EFFECTIVE eye primer from elf. This thing cost me 10$
- I hate the pot. I just hate it. you have to use a brush everytime to get the product out. my nails are long, i cant stick my fingers in the product. to make matters worse the brush picks up to much product.
- if you use to much product you get very visible creasing! I MEAN VISIBLE. like tiger stripes.
- its not easily blendable, especially if you have lose skin my like me. my god, just dont
- if you have oily lids, droopy lids, or hooded lids, its highly likely this will crease on you.

I cannot say this enough, do not buy this product. chose any other product than this.
ive got this crap creasing on my eyelids MULTIPLE TIMES and badly. just walk away.

Pro
- the skintone colour covers my redness. Thats the only nice thing i can say about this product. it covers the redness. but really....

I unfortunately have a full jar of this crap and am constantly shying away from using it. its such a waste of money. but because i am such a cheap person, i still use it as a base for when i do only eyeliner looks. literally just nothing but this and eyeliner on my eye.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

on 2/11/2015 12:44:00 PM

This is a big no for me. I have oily lids, and my shadow creases with this within a couple of hours. Very disappointed. It's very thick and not easy to spread, but that would be ok if it worked.

I have also now tried layering UDPP over this. Still horrible. My eye makeup looked so bad within a few hours. What a waste.

on 1/26/2015 10:50:00 PM

Definitely not for oily lids. My shadows kept creasing after about 4 hours. Plus it's so thick that I had a hard time getting it to my lash line so I couldn't test how well it helped with eyeliner.

Edit: I tried it some more and holy cow it irritated my eyes so much. It just got worse every time I tried it and I can't keep it on for more than 5 minutes before the irritation made me take it off.

on 12/21/2014 12:18:00 PM

i use this to highlight & define my brows , its easy to blend . i like it .