E.L.F. Studio Pressed Powder

3.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Boron Nitride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/23/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought it in the shade "Buff". I was looking for a cheap replacement for my benefit hello flawless powder and i bought this because it was so cheap.

P/S: Im mac nc35, buff is alright.. but....

The first impression:
The powder was very buttery and texture felt like a high end cream-powder formulation. It was silky smooth and finely milled. HOWEVER, the powder was not pressed properly and i found it to be a mess when i used my brush with this, because powder will literally FLY everywhere and it made the packaging so messy and dirty, which i absolutely hate. But the powder was smooth, so i didnt mind... BUT A SECOND LATER, IT OXIDIZED RED. Like brruuuuh what??? I look like i had a red patch on my face and it ruined the purpose of my foundation. Maybe i'll play with it and try it as a contour powder instead since it turns red but no not repurchasing this ever again till they change the problem. Such a shame for the silky buttery texture which i love.

This super fine powder is perfect to set your under eye area and add some coverage. When I wear this, I donít even use concealer because this does the trick. If you go overboard, you will look like a caked up mess. I always use MACís Fix+, which takes away the cakey look and Iím good to go. When used in moderation, though, itís perfect to make the triangles under your eyes matte Ė I hate for that area to be shiny or glow. Again, don't over-do it! This isn't as finely milled as most other powders and it will be detectable on your skin!

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 4/10/2015 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this review is for the studio mattifying powder.

nothing about this stuff works for me. the sponge is useless, the color looks like dirt on my skin - kudos to elf btw for somehow making a product labeled 'translucent' which actually shows up brown on my face (at least it's not orange, right?).

the packaging is sleek and the mirror is satisfyingly gigantic but you get so little product and it's so low quality, it isn't even worth the $3 price tag. fair girls, in case you needed a reminder - beware of elf's definitions of porcelain, fair, ivory, etc. apparently even 'translucent' can't be trusted now! boo elf

on 3/29/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The only disappointment I had w this was that there isn't a lot of product there but I think it may be a little deceiving coz it's only $3!! But i got Porcelain which matches Porcelain acne foundation from elf gr8! This is a good powder, finely milled & coverage can be controlled if u want it to be sheered out or heavier it's up to u. The packaging is neat w the pad hidden inside & reminiscent of Nars w the sleek black packaging. I just love this powder, no problems w oxidation or breaking out. I do have to order this online as I've never seen it in a store (yet), but I find that porcelain is a good match for me (Loreal N3/MAC NC15ish/EL Dawn), this powder is amazing!! I've got 2 on order coming to me en route!!

on 2/13/2015 6:30:00 AM

I got this in Buff, it looked very nice in packaging and came with a thin puff. After I applied it started to turn peach and the more I applied the darker and reder it became. If elf reformulated this I might consider repurchasing but till then DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

on 1/14/2015 1:58:00 AM

I purchased this hoping it would be a cheap alternative to my M.A.C studio fix in NC30. I bought the shade Sand. I was really excited to try it - you get a good amount of product for a really good price, plus you also get a little powder puff with it - I actually like using these more than I like using a brush. I find when I put it on my face, like a previous poster said, it oxidizes really quickly. I found it made my skin really red, I didn't like this at all! I wore it once and gave it a chance, I tried again and I just couldn't. I was about to be out the door and completely took it off and re-did my makeup. I can't speak for any of the other shades, but steer clear of Sand, lol.

on 8/15/2014 8:44:00 PM

I got this powder along with two other brands of pressed powder after my favorite Maybelline Stay Matte Pressed Powder was discontinued, but this doesn't match up to it at all. It has a soft matte finish and great coverage, but I feel like it oxidizes right when it comes into contact with my skin! I bought the Sand shade since it had the most yellowish undertone (for reference, my skintone is NC25-30 with yellow undertone), but after patting it on my skin it seems to turn to a peach shade and even looks orange after I look at it on the included sponge. I thought at first it might be my foundation or BB cream coming off onto the sponge, but I even wore this pressed powder by itself without any other base makeup, and yup--it still oxidizes to orange both on my face and on the sponge.

Will be exploring other powder options.

on 8/8/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Let me say that I wear Mac studio fix powder in NC 35... Perfect match in porcelain shade the sand color looked like a good match but after an hour it oxidized and turned me orange horrible!!! The coverage is really good for the pressed powder and it is better value. I liked it at first after 3 days of using it my face started to break out like crazy my skin is so bumpy so I quickly returned to Mac studio fix powder and my skin is healing mode... Never ever again using this cheap made in China crap again Mac is expensive but I rather put something that's more high quality on my face than cheap stuff .... Ugh worst decision ever !!!?

on 6/29/2014 12:34:00 AM

This is currently my favorite powder. Great pigmentation, and extremely affordable. The compact does not contain a lot of product, but it is to be expected for the price. I would buy two at a time. The colors a quite dark, I use Porcelain, and am NC20-25 in MAC. Also be careful when using a brush, it is easy to pick up a lot of product.

on 5/12/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using the MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation for a couple of years. I was informed recently by a (Canadian) Sephora rep that MUFE is in the process of discontinuing Duo Mat in the near future, date unknown. Before panic mode set in, I started casually looking for an alternative and hoping to not spend the Cdn $40 I normally do. I picked up the ELF Pressed Powder in Sand at Winners over the weekend for Cdn $5, not having much hope. I am surprised how good it is. Compared to the MUFE DM, the ELF PP provides almost the same amount of coverage. I fluff it on my face with a large kabuki brush and the finish is pretty darn close, doesn't cake or settle into lines or the corners of my nose, and can be used wet or dry. However, swirling the kabuki brush across the product does seem to kick up a lot of waste, so in future I'll lightly press the brush into the powder. The amount of ELF PP is comparable: 0.317 oz (0.9 g) versus the MUFE DM which is 0.35 oz (1.0 g). Both the ELF PP and MUFE DM contain talc. The ELF PP packaging is pretty basic: a matte, square-shaped compact with a built-in small mirror and a traditional square applicator hidden underneath the powder. Would re-purchase.