September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Studio Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this powder along with two other brands of pressed powder after my favorite Maybelline Stay Matte Pressed Powder was discontinued, but this doesn't match up to it at all. It has a soft matte finish and great coverage, but I feel like it oxidizes right when it comes into contact with my skin! I bought the Sand shade since it had the most yellowish undertone (for reference, my skintone is NC25-30 with yellow undertone), but after patting it on my skin it seems to turn to a peach shade and even looks orange after I look at it on the included sponge. I thought at first it might be my foundation or BB cream coming off onto the sponge, but I even wore this pressed powder by itself without any other base makeup, and yup--it still oxidizes to orange both on my face and on the sponge.

Will be exploring other powder options.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

Let me say that I wear Mac studio fix powder in NC 35... Perfect match in porcelain shade the sand color looked like a good match but after an hour it oxidized and turned me orange horrible!!! The coverage is really good for the pressed powder and it is better value. I liked it at first after 3 days of using it my face started to break out like crazy my skin is so bumpy so I quickly returned to Mac studio fix powder and my skin is healing mode... Never ever again using this cheap made in China crap again Mac is expensive but I rather put something that's more high quality on my face than cheap stuff .... Ugh worst decision ever !!!?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by limoncandy

This is currently my favorite powder. Great pigmentation, and extremely affordable. The compact does not contain a lot of product, but it is to be expected for the price. I would buy two at a time. The colors a quite dark, I use Porcelain, and am NC20-25 in MAC. Also be careful when using a brush, it is easy to pick up a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I've been using the MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation for a couple of years. I was informed recently by a (Canadian) Sephora rep that MUFE is in the process of discontinuing Duo Mat in the near future, date unknown. Before panic mode set in, I started casually looking for an alternative and hoping to not spend the Cdn $40 I normally do. I picked up the ELF Pressed Powder in Sand at Winners over the weekend for Cdn $5, not having much hope. I am surprised how good it is. Compared to the MUFE DM, the ELF PP provides almost the same amount of coverage. I fluff it on my face with a large kabuki brush and the finish is pretty darn close, doesn't cake or settle into lines or the corners of my nose, and can be used wet or dry. However, swirling the kabuki brush across the product does seem to kick up a lot of waste, so in future I'll lightly press the brush into the powder. The amount of ELF PP is comparable: 0.317 oz (0.9 g) versus the MUFE DM which is 0.35 oz (1.0 g). Both the ELF PP and MUFE DM contain talc. The ELF PP packaging is pretty basic: a matte, square-shaped compact with a built-in small mirror and a traditional square applicator hidden underneath the powder. Would re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by SilviH

I started out with "almond", but it had waaaay to many reddish undertones for me. It looks nice in the package, but after I aplied it, it turned orange. I thought I could give it another shot and try a lighter shade - next one was "caramel" and I LOVED it. The coverage was great! Too bad it broke me out like CRAZY after I used it for a few more days. I have to go to the doctor in order to fix this mess and I wouldn't use it again. :(((

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this for a couple weeks and I love it - HG status.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my much-loved (but very expensive MAC studio fix powder + foundation which is nearly $50 in Australia!!!) and I bought this ELF pressed powder with quite low expectations. But boy oh boy, this DID NOT DISAPPOINT - it is seriously a great dupe!

I', a NC25/C3.5 in MAC and the shade porcelain is great for me. It is considerably less product than the MAC studio fix powder but for 1/8th of the price - I'm not complaining. I use this as a setting powder and to blot up excess oil during the day at work.

Like with all ELF packaging, it isn't as slick as your higher end brands, but I am not complaining considering the price and quality! It offers great coverage, not cakely looking at all and very finely milled - a complete winner and I will repurchase :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect face powder for Oompa Loompas! This stuff is so orange! The shade "Porcelain" which is suppose to be extremely fair is sooooo dark! I hate how cakey this powder is too. Such a horrible product I can't even. I recommend this to no one. Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaLianne

I have extremely sensitive skin & even MAC couldn't have done the damaged this product did. After I used it once or twice my skin broke out into a SEVERE rash! I had to go to the doctor & get a prescription cream to clear it up! I've never been so embarrassed by my skin & through this product out right away. Maybe I was allergic, or if your face isn't sensitive this is an awesome powder that provides A LOT of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by AlasseM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been trying this powder. It gives a very nice finish. Depending on how you apply it, it can give you various coverage. If applied lightly with a powder brush, it gives a nice light coverage and I feel like my face looks healthy afterwards. I apply it with the ELF complexion brush. Now the real test was when I went to the gym and applied it the same way I usually do. It stayed the same way when I first applied it, after my work out. But take note that I have combination to dry skin. It's closer to dry. Also, I don't sweat much, so when I look at myself in the mirror, I was like OMG my skin looks glowy and amazing. I only have undereye concealer; no blush or highlight. This will be a great powder on hot days or days that I don't feel like wearing much.

There is a reviewer who said this oxidizes on her. I don't see it so far. But if I do, this will then go down to a 1 lippie.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was hoping for so much from this product but alas this was not the product for me for a few simple reasons. Despite buying the product in porcelain this is about as far away from a porcelain colour as you can get this is way too dark I have no idea what E.L.F was thinking?! I gave it a try as best I could despite the dark tone. The product seems to offer a lot of coverage but as soon as it went on it was quite cakey but I sheered it down as much as possible and got it to look acceptable texture wise however within about an hour I was an oily mess!! this made me over produce oil like never before I have no idea what ingredient makes this happen but I need to know so I can avoid it at all costs. This product should work for you if you have a normal skin type and are of a medium skin tone or darker.