October 1, 2014 | 933 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bmclaugh

I purchased this lip gloss for a wedding I was in. I am absolutely in love, the shade I got was “Golden Gloss 10” it’s a light pink with the gold flecks and BEAUTIFUL! I have never spent $30 on a gloss but the way it looked I couldn’t say no! It is pricey so I can’t say I will only buy this gloss but over Mac’s Viva Glam V= GORGEOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MercedesDemaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These glosses are being phased out effective immediately, my YSL representative confirmed this today. So stock up before they remove their supplies. I found the last one in number 51 Golden Shell. It's a beige gloss that is multi-faceted with rainbow glitter and is perfect over nude lipstick. I love the sleek YSL packaging, the scent and the even fact that it's made with real gold flecks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am normally not a lip gloss wearer, since I prefer opaque and long-wearing lip products. I will say that this gloss definitely changed my mind!

I originally picked it up several months ago where it's sat in a drawer untouched and completely forgotten about. I really wanted a youthful look today and didn't want to engage in the process of lining my lips and dealing with lipstick.

This is a lovely lip gloss, the shade I have is #3 and despite it's name 'vibrant pink' it is a true fire engine red. Admittedly I was nervous about the glitter (apparently it's 24K gold...whatever) but the gloss is a well-balanced mix of pigment, high shine, and glossiness. One coat gave my lips a punch of super glossy color, despite the fact that my lips are dark. It was so pretty I couldn't resist adding second layer! In addition to being quite pigmented, one application is more than adequate, however it's a bit sticky (but what gloss isn't?) and when it wears after about 4-5 hours, it leaves a beautiful stain and a sparkly finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to make up I can spend a fortune on foundations from department stores and drugstores, but I don't remember buying a lip gloss from department store and this one not an exception
I bought it on clearance at DF &CCO ( I've never heard before) for 10$. I have it in 12( golden cinnamon ) and absolutely love it. This color is like darker bronz, very glossy and shiny, but appropriate for day time too.
The package is cute too similar to Sonia Kashuk gloss - 6ml square bottle. The staying power is above average ( compared to SK it lasts longer). It's not very sheer, it has color, but the color fades away quick enough ( almost 10-15 min.) and then it stays sheer.
The consistency is thick enough. I feel like my lips well moisturized, but not sticky.
It has fruity fragrance, which I enjoy, but if you like fragrance free make up, then it's not for you.
The bottom line is that it's too expensive ($30). Even though I like it very much I will not buy it for this price only if I come across the sale or clearance again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Novelist12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gloss is ok. The packaging is very pretty, but that's about it for me. The color (golden pink and peony) streaks and seeps into the lines of my lips. And, I cannot tolerate the smell. I will stick to Chanel and Bobbi Brown for gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by sophrosyne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best gloss I own. Not sticky, and stays shiny all the way to the edges of the lip, maximizing their apparent size. The only downside is that I truly despise the sweaty-grapefruit scent. It has a locker-room aspect to it that I have to bear for the 20 minutes or so it takes to fade. Favorite colors are 2 (Golden Praline; a beautiful and sheer neutral nude-pink); 43 (Golden Irreverence; a warm nude that reminds me of old-style amber-colored lipglosses that gave some warmth but not much color to the lips); and 52 (Golden Pebble; a difficult-to-describe but drop-dead gorgeous deep skin tone that resembles Clinique Black Honey products and would look good on just about anyone, but especially darker-skinned women).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by adinamereuta

I'm not a big fan of lip-glosses, this one was decent and it actually stayed on my lips more than expected, it's not drying at all, somewhat sticky of course, but nice colors and smell as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a huge lip gloss fan out of the fact I never wear lip gloss alone, it just doesn't do it for me since I like a lot of color. If I want a really shiny color I just add some gloss to my lipsticks. Anyway, I have #47 White Gold Topaz. This is one of their newer colors they added to the line and its a bright purple. Crazy color to wear but looks so amazing and unusual. Let me just say I am now a YSL lip gloss fan! I will definitely purchase another color. The color selection is so gorgeous. You can't fail at finding your perfect shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never been terribly fond of lipgloss (I just think of them as a trap laid for my hair), and especially since my discovery of YSL's Glossy Stains I really didn't think I would ever buy a traditional gloss again. However, as I was buying the highlighter from the YSL Holiday 2012 collection the SA insisted on showing me the two limited edition Golden Glosses: Bleu arctique, a shocking turquoise blue (in the bottle) with lots of cool-toned shimmer and Rose polaire, a mostly clear gloss with a slight pink tint and a lot of blue, pink, and green glitter. I ended up buying Rose polaire and it's one of those products that is just plain fascinating. I feel like I initially built up some brand loyalty to YSL because it always makes me feel very glamorous to buy/use their products, but this gloss is just fun. It's a very youthful look but has a pampering feel like all YSL products (though yes, it does smell sort of sickly). As Glossy Stains doesn't offer much in the way of truly sheer shades or shimmer, I guess there is still a market for the Golden Glosses even for a lipgloss-shirker like me, and I'd be curious to try more traditional pinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing #37, a golden red, which I received as a gift with purchase free of charge. This is a beautiful sparkling red which will be perfect during Christmastime. The consistency is thick. It's moisturizing and has a lovely melon scent. The color works beautifully with my deep skin tone. It's a great product, but I won't purchase because I have enough red lip colors in my collection that could give me the same effect without having to buy. Still, it's an amazing product and especially so since I didn't have to purchase.