April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this highlighter for a year now and I've used it daily on my inner corners of the eye to open up the eyes, and sometimes (usualy for an evening look) on the cheekbones, browbones and temples of the forehead for a dewy, luminous face. The powder is so pigmented that you only need the smallest amount, and thats why my Mary-Lou Manizer almost looks new even after one year of use. So you get a lot of product for your money.

The reason why I like this product so much is because it's not glittery at all but glowy, and it looks completeley natural on the skin both when I'm pale and a bit tan. Also, it stays put all day (or night) long. Because it's so pigmented, you'll have to blend it out if you accidentally take too much product, and maybe it's this step the negative reviewers miss. There's no other highlighter for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

MY FAVORITE HIGHLIGHTER EVER. I picked this up for $12 on Hautelook when they featured the balm. So look out for that if you can! This gives the most gorgeous dewy look without looking oily or greasy. I have tried so many highlighters and this is by far the best! Even better than MAC Vanilla pigment. This is also a great inner-corner highlight! A little goes a long way with this product.

My only complaint would be the packaging. It is very cute, but for the price I'd appreciate a metal case as opposed to a plastic feeling one. It is not flimsy by any means, but I guess I'm just a little spoiled when it comes to make-up since I've tried so many things. But would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There's something about Mary?

There really is something about Mary-Lou Manizer - she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and highlighters were invented. This is just one of those highlighters that would suit any skin tone, it would just come down to application: subtle vs liberal.... I'm NC15 so have to go with subtle for Mary and find just giving her a light flick over my cheekbones with a fan brush does the trick quite nicely and leaves me feeling quite glowy and stays there all day.

This champagne-gold powder is quite soft and a little really does go a long way and you get a whooping 8.5g of product so whats not to love, I will certainly be going back for more when she's all gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Lovenug

Wow. I really love this. It's a pretty yellow toned highlighter. It leaves such a nice glow to your face. I use this everyday - really brightens your face and makes you look radiant and awake.

I don't think this lasts all day though -but when i use Urban Decay All nighter spray it lasts all day untill i need to take my makeup off in the evening. So if you want it to last, you need a makeup setting spray, or it will wear off during the day.

The packaging is SUPER CUTE, and theres a lot of product in here. All in all, nice product. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So richly pigmented and I love the shade. This is the exact tone I want out of a highlighter. It's slightly warm and very smooth.
I only use it at night when I really want an illuminated look because a little of this can go a long way. A light application is key. When I first applied it I kind of packed it on the way I've been used to applying other highlighters and later I noticed it looked overly shimmery in a tacky way I certainly was not going for. Most highlighters I have to sweep across my cheek a few times, but with this a light tap into the pan and then a sweep gives you a glamorous glow.
I also like it for the inner corner of my eyes and on my browbone, especially when I don't want to wear a full eye look but still look put together.
I got this on sale on Hautelook (theBalm seems to pop up on there quite often). The price had prevented me from picking it up for the longest, but I would buy it again for full price because there is an ample amount of product. With every application only needing a tiny amount, I can see this one pan lasting years.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

After reading all the rave reviews I went ahead to get it only to be utterly disappointed with this. It is marketed to be a highlighter/shadow, so I tried using it as an eye shadow and it didn't even last me 3 hours. It started creasing and totally faded by the end of the day. I had horrible lid color on that fateful day. As a highlighter...I guess it works OKAY but I believe there are better highlighters out there. This product does not come cheap either. I must give it points for having a gorgeous and sturdy packaging though. That said, I will not be repurchasing. What a disappointment for a highly raved product.....

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this is the last time I'm going to buy a hyped product from YouTube, including makeup artists featuring this as a top performer in highlighting. The packaging is super cute, but the product is far from what I expected. This highlighter is chalky and dries out my cheeks. The colour that shows on my face is quite sallow and does nothing for me...I was standing outside today in late afternoon and my sister was asking me what that white stuff was on my face- I look in my powder compact mirror and I see a dry whitish patch running from the bridge of my nose to my mid forehead. Total waste of money, this and the meet matte nude palette ended up being garbage. Never buying a product from this brand again, and am glad that Sephora discontinued it. Totally gimmicky brand that charges mid end prices for cheaply made crap. Seriously my wet n wild strike a pose rose illuminating powder makes me look candlelit, and melts in my skin just as the shimmer strips from physicians formula. No they don't have the best packaging, and may look amateurish to those who are well acquainted with Chanel and Burberry products but they do the job very well. I'm not a makeup artist and I'm happy to find products that work for ME, regardless of what the trend or hype is. At the end of the day skincare is what is most important when it comes to appearance and that's what I'm going to spend my hard earned money on instead of pointless garbage taking up needed space in my dresser. Seriously how did I get convinced that I needed more than 2 highlighters? They do the same damn thing and honestly, no one notices ( unless it's obviously bad) in the real world. Rant over.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SB213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, tons of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Itís sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. Definitely my holy grail highlighter! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Itís worth every penny and they give you sooo much product that will last a long time!
Also the packaging is just BEAUTIFUL.

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Pamam13

Love, Love, LOVE this! It's perfect. It's extremely pigmented and looks fantastic on top of cheekbones and in the inner corners of your eyes. I love this because it can also be blended out very easily. My HG highlighter!