December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 5 Blue

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this primer. After reading many reviews for it, it seemed as if I would be the right candidate. I have fair skin and am not trying to fight my paleness, I regularly exfoliate and moisturise my skin, and I have slight redness in areas due to spots. Unfortunately, I didn't like this primer at all. It did not help reduce redness, it did not illuminate my skin or make it look more radiant, it did not help my makeup go on more evenly or last longer, and it did not help my skin in any way. On the contrary, it immediately gave me tiny dry patches all over my skin and highlighted them terribly, and caused me a break-out. I do have sensitive skin, but not to the point of normally breaking-out in one day. I have never had a primer before give me dry patches and flaky bits all over my face, and I have tried many primers (both inexpensive, like Rimmel, and pricier, like Hourglass). I use a Clarisonic and mild cleanser daily, and exfoliate using a very good product every few days, and follow with my Estee Lauder Idealist pore minimiser.

I tried using different foundations over the primer and the results were pretty consistent with all three (my typical Dior Forever in 10, Revlon Photoready in Coquillage and Rimmel Stay Matte in 103). None of them wore truer or longer. None of them applied more smoothly or easily.

This was such a terrible product that I returned it after three days (and I hardly ever return any products, I typically just find some other use or give it to a friend). I exchanged it for my usual Hourglass Veil primer. It is just such a better product, I feel foolish for straying. I would not recommend this HD primer in blue to anyone. Perhaps the other shades have a much better formulation, but this one was poor.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesn't brighten my skin like it's supposed to... It actually doesn't really do anything. Not even a good regular primer. I really HATE the smell of it... I'll pass on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i hate it actually i regret buying it :( this is the first time i buy a primer and i am so diappointed
i have a dry skin and this really highlight this :( it leave resudeual on my skin and it makes me look worse
i buy it as i was looking for a primers so i can wear it on special occasions and i choose the mufe becouse all their products suiets me very well and i have never complain and i read so many reviews before i buy it and they all say it s excellent but fe me it was really bad i even tried it on my four sisters and it is the same although we have diferent skin textures!!
i choose the blue as it make the pale skin less dull and tone it beatifully as they say :( but no it was the worst thing ever for me
will never buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by crqrachel

I hate to write negative comments, but this primer simply didn't work for me. I have dry skin and this primer def isnt hydrating enough for me. It goes on blotchy and doesnt do much in terms of covering up redness on my cheeks. Moreover, I got this for about $65 in Singapore's Sephora! Really not worth the hefty pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally found a primer that works for me. It soaks in and doesn't make me oily or slick throughout the day, in fact quite the opposite. The now drier air at my work usually leaves my skin oily by the end of the day but it has stopped doing that since I began using this product. It definitely keeps my foundation in place. The blue is great for pale skin, as it brightens it up. I also have yellow undertones so I can easily look ill, but I notice a difference right away once I put this on. My only complaint is that you HAVE to use the right amount. If you use too much, I have noticed that my foundation doesn't go on smoothly. It's like once it touches the base it isn't going anywhere. This problem is eliminated if i use less, so I guess it is nice that not very much is needed. Just a thin layer all over and no more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this primer. It helps even out my fair skin, which is has red splotches during certain times of the month. It makes your skin look even paler though, because of the blue/silver pigmentation, which can be annoying. As a result, on clear /even skin days I just use a clear light moisturizer as a primer rather than this product. Overall I like this primer and would probably repurchase, perhaps to try the green next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by starvingsalmonsashimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In spite of zit-free days and my regular facial routine, I never and will never consider my skin perfect. It's far from being perfect and a closer look in a mirror will attest to that. A Dermatologist will bully boo my skin while my fiance can't stop kissing my fair face. I had my share of acne when I was younger, got teased, yada yada --so there, my skin is not at all Photoshop finish. BUT this primer makes me feel like I was gifted with Snow White genes and that I can go on a day with just this without the need to put on any other make up. What this Blue primer does is make my skin look "naturally healthy", beautiful and glowing. What the Green does is make my skin look "expensive" and classy, like I'm buddies with a Dermatologist.

Does it cover redness? It lessens it. Do not expect this product to cover it, cos even concealers can't do that 100%. Does it smoothen my face? Oh yes it does and more. It makes my skin insanely soft. Does it brighten? Hell yeah. Does it smell? Heavenly. A scent that conditions your mind (?!) that you are gorgeous. Sort of hypnotic. Haha. Does it help your make up stay longer? Yes. Unless you're into too much sun exposure. Control Oil? Yes. But if you suffer from really oily skin, maybe you need to find something that primarily does that.

The downside of this primer (Blue) is, the country where I live (Philippines) do not carry this color! Well, that's what MUFE Fort Bonifacio branch claimed. I'm not sure with the Shang branch. Thus, it becomes pricey cos I need to have it shipped from elsewhere unless I'll purchase it from one of my travels ---thus, adding up (illogical) cost.

After trying Make Up For Ever's Microperfecting Primer in Blue and Green ...I am now a fan of the brand. Won me over MAC. It just suits my skin better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG primer.

This does for me what MUFE's green primer couldn't: it covers up surface redness in my face without making me look ill or sallow.

It feels like blemishes and discoloration are SO much more obvious on super-fair skin, so this primer is a godsend for doing the first round of color-correction before foundation (where I tend to favor light-to-medium coverage).

Which is to say nothing of the fact that it smells pleasant, blends easily, and doesn't pill like some other primers can.

I wear this so religiously that I can't really comment on how well my make-up lasts with it versus without it, but I will say that this plus Mat Velvet plus HD powder to set will wear all day and thensome. I was at a conference in 90+ degree weather with NO AC and that combination lasted from 6AM to midnight.

One final (and majorly important bonus) is that this stuff doesn't eff with my acne-prone skin. I've got a great (and simple!) routine now, and this primer doesn't interfere in the slightest.

In sum, highly recommended to any pale-skinned person looking to combat surface redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by XLuvMUX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It was difficult to spread out. You have to spread it my dabbing instead on rubbing. It dries up pretty fast on the face so spreading must be quick. Less foundation was used with the primer on but oil controlling effect is insignificant. Have to blot after 1 hour in the hot humid weather in singapore. The smell is pleasant but strong. Can still smell the primer after foundation was put on. Packaging is simple and elegant in plastic bottle. There is a significant brightening effect but will be covered after putting on foundation. Can cover redness well. Sometimes I use it without the foundation, just the primer and the loose powder. The price is steep at SGD65 at local sephora store.
If your skin is not oily, it would be a perfect primer for you with the hydrating and brightening effect. However, if u live in a hot n humid place with oily skin, don't bother trying this primer, your make up will not stay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

This was definitely interesting... The Sephora girl recommended it for me for the small imperfections on my face. A little goes along ways! I had a spray tan the previous day and my face was dreadfully orange. I applied this blue primer all over my face and it instantly went away. That's how powerful it is at covering up color! Yes, it definitely made me look more ashey and toned down. So a little will go along ways. I do feel its great for controlling shine and mattifying the skin, which is #1 for me.