November 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by crystyle

I have worn Coral Silk 568 for as long as I can remember. It's been my go-to lip color. Unfortunately they recently discontinued my color (this brings tears to my eyes). I've since moved on to Honeyed 540, and though it's not my Coral Silk, it does the job.

This lipstick is finicky. Without the right top coat it will feel like plaster on your lips. It will cake and crack within a few hours. Iíve learned that if you use too much product you will, once again, flake and crack within a few hours. I ALWAYS use a gloss/cream over top. With the right gloss or cream it will last ALL DAY. I work a 12 hour shift and itís there from beginning to end. I can honestly say, I havenít found another lipstick that will last as longÖ and to think itís a drug store brand that outlasts all the $16-$40 lipsticks in my collection.

Iíve never used a primer with this lipstick, as it kind of serves as a primer all by itself. You MUST use a creamy nourishing gloss. Anything too runny seems to break down the formula and will cause flaking and cracking. Chapstick isnít creamy enough to do the job. Sticky glosses arenít nourishing enough. I donít use the included Colorcoat because I donít think itís creamy enough. I use just a dab of Cargo lipgloss and reapply when necessary. A silky bullet lipstick will work too. Vera Wang glosses work. Some Nars glosses work. Itís a matter of trying them out to see what works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Almost perfect. Like others have noted, it's drying and tends to flake off slightly throughout the day. The color selection (i.e. reds, pinks, purples, and browns) suits my everyday needs. I actually like to pair this with my usual Chapstick rather than the one that comes packaged with the lipcolor.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

Dried lips, which then made it patchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by AmosJay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love! Stays on all day and night. This has been my fave for years. I keep trying to find a high-end alternative with different colors. But they never compare, most don't last half as long as promised. My color is Lingering Spice #619 I put that all over my lips and then I use Constant Coral #581 as a highlight color in the center of my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in one of the vibrant red shades a few months ago, and for quite awhile it was my top favorite lip product! The reason I stopped wearing it was really not the fault of the product. I am prone to developing that visible line on the inside of my lips where the product stops and lippies like this that DRY make it horribly obvious. If you rub your lips together wearing regular lipstick, it will shift and cover that line but this product *does not move* when you rub your lips together....So, sad to say, I had to give this one up. However, were it not for that, I would still wear this!

Pros:
-fruity scent when wet
-LOOOOONG wearing with little touch ups
-beautiful color that was true to the packaging
-Includes balm which reduces the dry feeling
-satin finish
-doesn't fade on outside edges [this allows you overdraw/modify the lipline, if that is something you are into]

Cons:
-the strange visible inside line phenomenon I mentioned earlier.
-difficult to remove (I know this is kind of the point, but it is still a bit of a pain)
if you apply too much it will flake off in patches and make you look quite odd

Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never worn coral lipstick before, and saw these covergirl outlast lipsticks on clearance at walgreens tonight for less than $5 so I decided to try something different and bought CANDID CORAL.... And I am in LOVE! I don't think I've ever loved a lipstick color this much. It's very natural, just a hint of coral against my light olive skin tone and dark brown hair. I was already a fan of the CG outlast lipsticks and own many other colors. They last a long time and I love the glossy balm that comes with them. But this coral color is by far my favorite of all time, I can't stop looking at it in the mirror when I wear it. I'm going to be on the hunt tomorrow and buy some more in this color in case it's being discontinued for some reason. I would highly recommend this. Definitely worth a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love color #621 "natural blush". It is such a natural pop of color that would look good on any skin tone in my opinion. It's like your natural lip color but better. I love wearing it to work to make me look more polished and put together. Yes it does make your lips feel dry but all long wearing lipsticks do - you win some, you lose some. The key to applying lipsticks like this is to use a thin layer - the thinner the layer, the less cakey and flakey it gets. I can't stand the feeling of dry lips so I definitely keep the clear gloss that comes with it nearby at all times to reapply about once an hour. I do wish the price were more reasonable - I hate to pay $8 - $10 for it. But I will continue to buy it because natural blush is the perfect everyday color - not too bold but not too light.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I think this product is either a hit or miss, from what it seems, it works either perfectly or terribly on your lips so this is just my experience with this particular product and I will talk about what products have worked on me.

I have owned this product for years and I wanted to make it work because it does have amazing color. I have tried numerous approaches to apply this product, it is just terrible.

First of all the "long lasting" (ness) of this product is a joke. I wore this product for not even two hours and began to eat some soup like food and I look down and see my spoon is covered in pieces of this product. 16 hours? It tends to flick off and if anything touches... good luck reapply.

Second the texture of the product. I don't mind most textures but this has a weird texture, it is super drying and comes off like wet sand on your feet do at the beach and don't even try to reapply at that point.

I wished this product worked, but it just doesn't on me. I would recommend lipsticks (like clinique's and revolon's, they are super moisturizing, long lasting and great pigmentation and color)

cute packaging, bad product

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by BP8099

I didn't find it to last all day and it tried my lips way too much, no matter what balm or gloss I used with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MrsTeaspoon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this lipstick in three shades, bought one a few years ago and bought 2 just before my wedding. I mixed a light and a darker shade for my wedding in October, it lasted from 11am till the next day. I do not use the gloss tube that comes with it. I make sure my lips are not chapped, best to exfoliate them before applying. If you let the lipstick dry before you press your lips together, the color lasts all day. I love these lipsticks, they do feel strange until about 2 hours after you apply.