February 1, 2015 | 2142 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2015 12:53:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

1. Bought the mascara at Walmart.
2. Tried it out the same day.
3. Read the reviews on Makeup Alley.

I have to admit I tried it the same day I purchased and I didn't really think much of it. I put it away in the drawer and went back to using my Annabelle Expandable Mascara.

I thought "what the heck" deserves another try and curled my lashes and applied the mascara - HOLY COW. It's amazing. The brush is a dense plastic bristle oval shape which holds the mascara well without globbing. I don't know what I did the first day that didn't garner the attention it should have but man does this mascara apply nicely.

It's not a heavy layered mascara that looks like false lashes, it simply elongates, densifies and darkens while adding natural looking volume suitable for daytime.

It doesn't smudge or flake and removes easily with makeup remover or soap and water. I use Nivea Eye Makeup Remover to remove my eye makeup and it removes easily without pulling or tugging at the eyelashes. I have very sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses and it caused no irritation whatsoever and stayed put through my long shift work.

It's super inexpensive, not tested on animals, and available at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The bristle wand is EXACTLY like the Maybelline's Great Lash BIG Mascara (boo!). Listen girls, I have huge curly lashes and this does NOTHING for them. Doesn't elongate or volumize them at all. It just combs the lashes and separates them a little. I got this in an EBay bundle for ten bucks so I didn't waste much but if you see this at WalMart don't grab for it. Not good at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the worse mascaras I ve used. And it is kinda medium priced as far as Walmart mascaras go. I hated the brush. It didnt do anything for my long lashes. It Combs thru lashes very well.. I didnt see clumping..and I didnt see clumping or smudges BUT ONLY because I used another mascara on top of this "ginormous lash" because mine were looking just ordinary :-/ I wouldn't repurchase. I have seen some of the other mascaras that hard candy has came out with, so I might end up trying those but never this again....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by quiksilvababe

THIS IS FOR THE PURPLE HAZE COLOR, NOT BLACK..

it takes a LOT of coats to even get the purple to show up, a lot. Very subtle, but i got it discounted for cheap so meh.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xflowered

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just flat out bad. I got it as a gift for Christmas and instantly regret it. I love Hard Candy products, but this mascara was disappointing to say the least. The brush is very plain, similiar to L'oreal's Voluminous mascara. The formula is incredibly clumpy and flaky, as well as irritating to the eyes. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to shoot products down but this was the worst mascara I have tried so far. It did absolutely nothing for my lashes. The big wand is horrible for applying mascara. It gets it all over your lids. I should have known upon looking at the wand in the packaging that it would be inconvenient but I thought maybe this would be a good mascara to try in terms of formula. I was so wrong. It also smudges on me during the day. if there is anything I can't stand in mascaras is smudging. I want pretty lashes not a dark ugly stain under my eyes. I only wore this on the top lashes too and it still transferred down to the bottom of my eyes by the end of the day. As far as how my lashes looked this literally only wets them black and that's it. It doesn't provide volume, it doesn't do anything. This product makes me cringe because for the same price you can get a much better mascara at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I have a friend who uses this and her lashes are amazing!!
I bought and my lashes came out not amazing at all lol.
Of course she has long beautiful lashes you can see even without mascara, as for me you can barely notice mine haha.
This just did not work on me. It was just ok on the lashes nothing great at all, it smudged throughout the day, and can clump if you are not careful (which is a pain to try to fix).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you're the type of person who prefers different mascaras for daytime versus night time, then this might be up your alley. I wouldn't call this "Ginormous Lashes" so much as "Practical Lashes." It darkens, lengthens a bit, doesn't clump, and thickens just a tad. For me, this translates to safe and boring. Boo.

The brush is a nice football shape, able to get into the corners fairly well. The tube's opening is very narrow, cleaning off any and all excess from the brush, contributing to it's clump free application. So, those are pros.

The con is that it just doesn't do much. If you are in a professional environment and have average-to-long lashes naturally, this would perhaps be a good choice, as it doesn't look over-the-top. It just helps you look finished and polished. If you have short lashes, I don't think this will do much for you at all other than darkening them.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by rapsong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara! I have long lashes but they're pretty thin and this stuff does the trick, making them look full and super black. Doesn't smudge or flake much on me. It's affordable and I like how hard candy reminds me of middle school. Gud stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was ok. It was great for building up and making super thick lashes but it took lot for me to achieve the look I wanted. It's a pretty dark heavily pigmented mascara but it did a whole lot of flaking. Maybe I got a bad tube because everyone else seems to love it. Who knows. I'm contemplating on a repurchase of this mascara to give it another go and ill update as soon as I do so but as of now it's just an average mascara. Nothing special.