October 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Other - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a fabulous stick for stubborn dry spots on your body. I use this in the winter on my legs and elbows which are terribly, terribly dry. Both the full-sized product and the mini-stick are excellent for toting around. This product also doubles as a lip balm. I would not use this on my face, but I do recommend this for the body.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Product is great for cuticles and flyaway hairs, but was awful for my face, it made me break out terribly. The smell was very irritating to my eyes, and was just overall a disappointment. Ended up giving it to a friend who had the same thoughts as I did about it! Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am truly a Josie Maran Cosmetics worshiper.... They are all I use. This stuff is great for on the go argan love. The ONLY thing I dislike is the scent... it's very much so a tea tree oil scent, but I dont love.... it's not horrible but its def. not the ideal scent i'd like... I'd much rather prefer Josies signature 'citrus' scent. But this stuff is great and can be used for so many diff. things! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the mini stick in order to give it a try before committing to the larger size (I have the color-free one). I use it in combination with the regular argan oil, but I focus this stick around my eyes as well as the drier patches around my mouth. In the winter months at such high elevation (7000 feet), my usually oily skin becomes more of a combination of dry and oily in all of the usual places we experience combination skin. It absorbs quickly and my dryness is abated, with soft skin left behind. This would be a great travel alternative to the liquid and I will be buying the full-size to continue using it around my eyes and mouth at home, but also when I travel and risking an oil spill in my bag will be avoided!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Deborah535

I use this product to plump and moisturize my lips at night. I know people have complained about the menthol, but that is what is causing the plumping effect. I hope the product will always have the menthol or at least have a menthol version. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by klban

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When this is in my purse I feel like I can fix anything--even when I'm in a hurry and leave the house without much make up on. I use it on crazy curly hair (scrunch it in for more defined curls), my baggy eyes & blemishes (smooth underneath to apply & re-apply concealer during the day) and dry cuticles. Usually I apply it to my fingers or palms rather than straight from the stick and this seems to keep it smoother and make it last longer too. It's also great to take camping!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by MLWagner79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and I just love it. I use pure argan oil from Garden of Wisdom as my twice-a-day moisturizer on my super dry skin. 3 drops morning and night and I'm good. However, between my eyebrows is a spot that flakes no matter WHAT I do. I've also had issues getting the oil up close to my eyes - I'd like to use it undereye but it makes me nervous about it migrating into my eyes.

Well this stick solves those problems. I sweep a little on between my brows and also under my eyes. It does have a bit of a tingle but my skin is okay with it. I've been using this for a few weeks and I really just love it. Definite repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

Love this product. Was suprised with the menthol in it, but it doesnt bother me that much. I do wish that the lid was tighter though. Its very convient and has multiple uses. The only downside is that itll melt if it get too warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ohno1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To start, I love Josie Maran's pure argan oil. However...I loved it a little too much and put it in my purse one day. Cap seemed sturdily shut. Not so much. Anyway, it's gone now.

I meant to reorder the oil but it was out of stock and ended up with this stick. I LOVE it and can already tell this will be something I will immediately rebuy when I run out. Some have complained about the menthol, and obviously everyone's skin is different, but I am very fair and my skin can get red pretty easily from many products and I did not react to this at all.

My skin is dry, and if I use this after exfoliating it is unreal how soft it gets. I use it on my face, neck, chest, elbows and sometimes a bit on my arms. It sinks into my neck and chest quickly. Feels smooth and not at all greasy. My face looks great, almost to the extent that I might just switch over to this as a face moisturizer entirely, but will have to see longterm if there's any issues with breaking out. For now, it is smoother than it's been in a long time. Definitely a soft, dewy look without being at all oily, which is a miracle for me because the battle against dry, dead looking skin seemed impossible to win.

For those sensitive to scent, it does have a fragrance, although it's a very "natural" one. It smells herbal and almost the tiniest bit ginger-y, but it fades soon after application. One thing to consider when buying this is it really is a bit of a jump from the pure argan oil; apricot kernel oil is the #1 ingredient, with argan oil at #2, followed by beeswax, cocoa butter and carnauba wax. Avocado butter's in there too, with rosemary, tea tree and wheat germ oils. Basically, the more ingredients you add, the more likely you probably are to react to one of them. I don't think this is the worst product out their for sensitive skin, but as always YMMV. As long as you don't expect it to just be JM's pure olive oil in stick form, you will probably enjoy it.

You can't beat the convenience. I can definitely keep this in my purse, and the size is pretty generous. You only need a light swipe, and with the pure oil in a dropper bottle I found it went very quickly because it was easy to overapply or had to be mixed with moisturizer.

Next I plan on trying it on my hair, though I won't be applying it straight with the stick in worries my hair oils or product would end up on my skin later on. Apricot kernel oil is supposed to be good for the scalp and hair, and I have a dry scalp and flyaways often, so fingers crossed the results are as good as on my face.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by alt629

This one didn't impress much, but I do like the convenience of a tube that you can just throw in your purse. I used it on my hands, the heels of my feet, and my face/lips. It does smell good, nice herbal-y type smell, but it did seem to tingle on my face. I don't know if it's supposed to or if this happens just to me. I really noticed no big difference in my skin after using this, except for breakouts on my face :(... So back to sephora it went. That all being said, I should note that I have never had good luck with oils of any kind and my skin. YMMV... doesn't agree with everyone.