One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

on 7/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

This smells great.. But i defebetly wont be repurchasing this.. I bought it thinking that it was going to be mostly argan oil but it wasnt its the seventh ingridient in the bottle the first six are silicones. Fragance and color .. Real argan oil doeant need fragrance or color to be added. It comes in a plastic bottle which if it was real oil it would come in a draker glass bottle and for the 3.4 oz you would be paying at least $ 30- $40. It wasnt till after i fou d oyt what argan oil and morrocan oil mean argan oil means its mixed with moslty silicone than the real stuff and morrocon oil is mostly oil or its all pure... This would for some weird reason dry out ny hair more and make a build up on my hair i hate this stuff

on 6/12/2015 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend uses this stuff religiously and swears by it, so i decided to try it. love it! It smells great, it's relatively cheap, and it leaves my hair much softer and shinier. The bottle is a little messy, it comes out fast and tends to get all over the place. It's a thick heavy oil, so I only apply it to my wavy/fine hair when it's damp or before a shampoo. Otherwise, it leaves my hair a little greasy. But overall it's a great product if your hair fancies argan oil.

on 4/30/2015 5:00:00 PM

Love this stuff. I had originally tried a sample when i purchased the One N Only flat iron and fell in love. Smells really great and leaves my hair feeling silky and soft

on 4/27/2015 11:40:00 PM

I love this so much. I have used other oils and hair shine products and this is the best of the bunch. My hair is waist length. This doesn't weigh my hair down and it gives my hair a high shine. My hair is also color treated with a level 8 maybe 9 ish blonde. I have had people stop me and compliment me on my hair. I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My only complaint about this version of One 'n Only Argan Oil is this bottle. It's a small opening that pours out and if you pour too much out, you really have difficulty getting the left-over back in. You're stuck with whatever poured out.
I use this on wet hair after I wash it. At times, I thought I may have used too much, but after my hair has dried, it has always been super shiny, soft and healthy-looking. I agree with the others, to wash hair with the coolest water possible. (A little difficult in a shower in the winter tho for me, I freeze easily....) This product has been a life-saver in conjunction with other products that I use. I can't honestly say that it's only the Argan Oil, because I love my shampoo and conditioner, also, but once I discovered this particular brand of Argan Oil, I did notice a marked improvement in shine and how my hair looked.
After using beachy hair products, which dry out my hair, I'll use this and my hair calms down and seems to have more waves and definitely more shine. After drying my hair, I'll put some curlers in for about a half hour, but first, I'll run some of this in first. Once I take the curlers out, my hair is extremely manageable, soft and super-shiny. I've used the spray-in one and now this, thinking I'd like this one better, but I do prefer the lighter version more.
It's never left my hair dry or frizzy. It's comparable to more expensive oil products. It's never weighed down my hair-but then again, I don't go overboard on the amount I use. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to keep their hair in great condition or looking for an Argan Oil product.
I've become a fan of One 'n Only products and I haven't had to look any further. That's a good sign of how much I really do like this product.

on 2/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like how this smells, I like to use it in winter time, I do not feel it does a lot for my hair, I do like the extra shine I get from it and people comments on how good my hair smells, a little goes a long way but that's about it!

on 2/10/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First of all, this has got very, very little argan oil in it to judge by the ingredients list (the argan oil comes AFTER the fragrance!). The product is primarily dimethicone and another silicone variation. Calling this "argan oil" is extremely misleading, and kind of equivalent to calling chocolate cake "eggs". (I bought the product online from a favourite beauty item supplier, but I wish now I'd taken the trouble to do some research to find the ingredients! I wouldn't have bought it if it had been on a shelf and I could easily look at the label.)

I'm not all anti-silicones the way some people are, but I don't like them on anything like a regular basis and only use them in certain very specific situations. Dimethicone, particularly, is problematic because it's not water-soluable (which makes it good for keeping your hair from going frizzy in humidity, admittedly), and to get it out of your hair, you have to use a sulphate shampoo (again, most people do, but I prefer not to if I can avoid it because sulphates/sulfates tend to give me an itchy, dry scalp and make my hair go frizzy). Dimethicone can also build up over time. And given that this is almost entirely silicone(s) and practically no argan oil complicates the matter for me.

However, I did try it, because I like to be fair (and I did pay for the stuff!), but I just don't think this did much for my hair. I do like the scent, which reminds me of a softer version of the synthetic scent called "dragon's blood" that you can get for making soap, lotion, etc. The product, however, just doesn't do a lot for my hair. It seems to work best when I just put a little bit on the ends. If I put it through the rest of my hair, even in very small amounts, it tends to weigh it down, which is what dimethicone usually does for my hair (in a few situations, that's what I want, but not most of the time). And then, of course, if I want to get it out of my hair, I have to use a sulphate shampoo (and possibly a dry, itchy scalp and/or frizzy hair).

I definitely won't be buying more of this, and probably won't use the bottle I have now, to be honest. Instead, I'll get some actual, real argan oil, which I've found can be purchased from a cosmetic ingredients supplier for a fairly reasonable price, and use the real, actual oil.

on 7/13/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at my local Sally's for 20.99. Which, I find to be expensive but thought I'd give it a go.

My Hair: after several color stripping processes (4 in the span of 3 days - Ion Color Corrector, specifically), my hair was obviously very dry and very sad. Thankfully, the color corrector brought me to a nice light copper brown. Closest to my natural shade. I've been dying my hair since I was 13 one way or the other and after about a decade I'm going to try to let it grow out and be healthy. But even without dying it, it was dry and dull and brittle and fluffy. That was my hair's state 3 days ago.

How I Use This Product: Following a protein treatment, following the color stripper, I applied a quarter size amount of the oil + deep conditioner (I use Biotera Ultra Moisture) and left on my hair for hour under a shower cap. Then I rinse with COLD water and when my hair is damp but not dripping, I apply half a quarter size amount to my ends and shaft.

RESULTS:
When it was drying, it looked kind of slick, which worried me because when I first bought this product, I used too much and in the wrong context so it made my hair greasy. I have shoulder length hair and if you've used this you know a quarter size (as I mentioned above) is a lot, but I think used in a conditioning process/being rinsed out, toned down in the grease dept.
I let my hair air dry and voila, it was silk and shiny and soooooo beautiful. The copper gleamed and the brown radiated. I am so pleased.
I have done this treatment 2x now and gotten the same results. I DO straighten my hair afterwards but DONT blow dry. I have not recolored either.

Also, I considered that maybe it was the conditioner working the magic, but no. I used the conditioner by itself and it was half as lux as it was before with the argan oil.

Oh and I don't know if this is an important factor, but I had shampooed my hair with warm water (using Ion Effective Care Shampoo) and when I condition I always rinse it with cold water. Its a pain in the ass but I try to avoid too much heat exposure. Aside from flat iron lol

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

If your having a bad, dry, crispy hair day you will like this conditioner. I don't use it all the time but it does help tame the frizz with just the tinest drop. Easy with this stuff or you'll look like an oil slick. I like to use this when I my hair is feeling incredably dry and fly away. It smell really good if you like the smell of light warm musk. I have two bottles and still have the other so even if you can only afford the small bottles don't be mistaken that it wouldn't be enough oil it's been over a year and I still have the first bottle that I got on sale at sally on a bogo deal. I also like to use this on my body and heard that you can mix it in with lotion so it is a house hold commodity in my opinion.

on 5/21/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was very reluctant to try this product because I have an oily scalp but very fine, dense, bleached and damaged hair. A friend from work came in one day with healthier, shinier hair. She said she used Moroccan Oil (she also has fine hair), but it was too expensive for me. So I decided to try this after reading many good reviews on Sally Beauty's website. I apply a very small amount (about 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon) to my shoulder length hair from the midshaft down after washing my hair. It also makes an excellent detangler, my hair dries faster because it seals the cuticle and it does not give my hair an oily look as long as I don't use too much. My hair IS so much healthier and shinier now. It also makes an excellent hair protectant. a couple of days per week I use a hair dryer, flat iron or curling iron and it doesn't damage my hair further. It's a win win win!!!