One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My only complaint about this version of One 'n Only Argan Oil is this bottle. It's a small opening that pours out and if you pour too much out, you really have difficulty getting the left-over back in. You're stuck with whatever poured out.
I use this on wet hair after I wash it. At times, I thought I may have used too much, but after my hair has dried, it has always been super shiny, soft and healthy-looking. I agree with the others, to wash hair with the coolest water possible. (A little difficult in a shower in the winter tho for me, I freeze easily....) This product has been a life-saver in conjunction with other products that I use. I can't honestly say that it's only the Argan Oil, because I love my shampoo and conditioner, also, but once I discovered this particular brand of Argan Oil, I did notice a marked improvement in shine and how my hair looked.
After using beachy hair products, which dry out my hair, I'll use this and my hair calms down and seems to have more waves and definitely more shine. After drying my hair, I'll put some curlers in for about a half hour, but first, I'll run some of this in first. Once I take the curlers out, my hair is extremely manageable, soft and super-shiny. I've used the spray-in one and now this, thinking I'd like this one better, but I do prefer the lighter version more.
It's never left my hair dry or frizzy. It's comparable to more expensive oil products. It's never weighed down my hair-but then again, I don't go overboard on the amount I use. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to keep their hair in great condition or looking for an Argan Oil product.
I've become a fan of One 'n Only products and I haven't had to look any further. That's a good sign of how much I really do like this product.

on 2/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like how this smells, I like to use it in winter time, I do not feel it does a lot for my hair, I do like the extra shine I get from it and people comments on how good my hair smells, a little goes a long way but that's about it!

on 2/10/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First of all, this has got very, very little argan oil in it to judge by the ingredients list (the argan oil comes AFTER the fragrance!). The product is primarily dimethicone and another silicone variation.

Now, I'm not all anti-silicones the way some people are, but I don't like them on anything like a regular basis and only use them in certain very specific situations. Dimethicone, particularly, is problematic because it's not water-soluable (which makes it good for keeping your hair from going frizzy in humidity, admittedly), and to get it out of your hair, you have to use a sulphate shampoo (again, most people do, but I prefer not to if I can avoid it because sulphates/sulfates tend to give me an itchy, dry scalp and make my hair go frizzy). Dimethicone can also build up over time. Calling this "argan oil" is extremely misleading. It's almost all silicone oil. (I bought the product online from a favourite beauty item supplier, but I wish now I'd taken the trouble to do some research to find the ingredients! I wouldn't have bought it if it had been on a shelf and I could easily look at the label.)

However, I did try it, because I like to be fair (and I did pay for the stuff!), but I just don't think this did much for my hair. I do like the scent, which reminds me of a softer version of the synthetic scent called "dragon's blood" that you can get for making soap, lotion, etc. The product, however, just doesn't do a lot for my hair. It seems to work best when I just put a little bit on the ends. If I put it through the rest of my hair, even in very small amounts, it tends to weigh it down, which is what dimethicone usually does for my hair (in a few situations, that's what I want, but not most of the time). And then, of course, if I want to get it out of my hair, I have to use a sulphate shampoo (and possibly a dry, itchy scalp and/or frizzy hair).

I definitely won't be buying more of this, and probably won't use the bottle I have now, to be honest. Instead, I'll get some actual, real argan oil, which I've found can be purchased from a cosmetic ingredients supplier for a fairly reasonable price, and use the real, actual oil.

on 7/13/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this at my local Sally's for 20.99. Which, I find to be expensive but thought I'd give it a go.

My Hair: after several color stripping processes (4 in the span of 3 days - Ion Color Corrector, specifically), my hair was obviously very dry and very sad. Thankfully, the color corrector brought me to a nice light copper brown. Closest to my natural shade. I've been dying my hair since I was 13 one way or the other and after about a decade I'm going to try to let it grow out and be healthy. But even without dying it, it was dry and dull and brittle and fluffy. That was my hair's state 3 days ago.

How I Use This Product: Following a protein treatment, following the color stripper, I applied a quarter size amount of the oil + deep conditioner (I use Biotera Ultra Moisture) and left on my hair for hour under a shower cap. Then I rinse with COLD water and when my hair is damp but not dripping, I apply half a quarter size amount to my ends and shaft.

RESULTS:
When it was drying, it looked kind of slick, which worried me because when I first bought this product, I used too much and in the wrong context so it made my hair greasy. I have shoulder length hair and if you've used this you know a quarter size (as I mentioned above) is a lot, but I think used in a conditioning process/being rinsed out, toned down in the grease dept.
I let my hair air dry and voila, it was silk and shiny and soooooo beautiful. The copper gleamed and the brown radiated. I am so pleased.
I have done this treatment 2x now and gotten the same results. I DO straighten my hair afterwards but DONT blow dry. I have not recolored either.

Also, I considered that maybe it was the conditioner working the magic, but no. I used the conditioner by itself and it was half as lux as it was before with the argan oil.

Oh and I don't know if this is an important factor, but I had shampooed my hair with warm water (using Ion Effective Care Shampoo) and when I condition I always rinse it with cold water. Its a pain in the ass but I try to avoid too much heat exposure. Aside from flat iron lol

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

If your having a bad, dry, crispy hair day you will like this conditioner. I don't use it all the time but it does help tame the frizz with just the tinest drop. Easy with this stuff or you'll look like an oil slick. I like to use this when I my hair is feeling incredably dry and fly away. It smell really good if you like the smell of light warm musk. I have two bottles and still have the other so even if you can only afford the small bottles don't be mistaken that it wouldn't be enough oil it's been over a year and I still have the first bottle that I got on sale at sally on a bogo deal. I also like to use this on my body and heard that you can mix it in with lotion so it is a house hold commodity in my opinion.

on 5/21/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was very reluctant to try this product because I have an oily scalp but very fine, dense, bleached and damaged hair. A friend from work came in one day with healthier, shinier hair. She said she used Moroccan Oil (she also has fine hair), but it was too expensive for me. So I decided to try this after reading many good reviews on Sally Beauty's website. I apply a very small amount (about 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon) to my shoulder length hair from the midshaft down after washing my hair. It also makes an excellent detangler, my hair dries faster because it seals the cuticle and it does not give my hair an oily look as long as I don't use too much. My hair IS so much healthier and shinier now. It also makes an excellent hair protectant. a couple of days per week I use a hair dryer, flat iron or curling iron and it doesn't damage my hair further. It's a win win win!!!

Love this! Ran out of the expensive moroccan oil one and saw this on sale at sallys for like 4 bucks so I grabbed it just to try it out, not having high expectations for it. I use this on damp hair and livens up my hair! Makes it look super shiny and healthy and smells great! Doesn't weigh my hair down and absorbs right in. Can go two days without washing it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This oil smells devine, and I only need a small amount on the ends of my hair. I only use this product after washing my hair since I can see this product just sitting on my hair and being greasy on dry hair. I would definitely repurchase since it aids in detangling my hair and makes it dry faster.

on 3/21/2014 5:20:00 PM

The first time I discovered this was when my friend was still in cosmetology school and I went to her for a haircut. After she had washed my hair and was back at her chair she added something to it. I had asked her what shampoo she used on my hair because it smells so good! She showed me it was actually this argon oil. Ever since then I go to Sally's and buy this. I would recommend to add it to you're hair when your hair is wet. Right out of the shower I like to put this in my hair. One drop is enough for most lengths of hair. If you put the oil on dry it looks a bit oily but right after the shower your hair will look soft and fabulous! and it will smell soo soo good!

on 2/3/2014 4:30:00 PM

When I got the Keratin done ( years ago ), I noticed my hair stylist used this. It always left my hair soft, silky straight and shiny. And he only used a drop.
Ever since then, I got myself a bottle and have been using it ever since. I decided to go natural with my hair so I stopped using it altogether and only conditioned my hair for like 2-3 years.
Now that I have been getting into oils and DIY hair care and taking good care of my hair, I went back to this product. The bottle was empty so I went to Sally's and bought another bottle. It left my hair very soft, and silky. It does help control frizz and I only use about 1-2 drops everyday. I take really good care of my hair now, so I haven't had any issues some of the other buyers complain about. I do wish it was cheaper!

Top Rated One 'n Only Products