Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/12/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I still have this palette, and I do use it regularly and I do love it, but I can't help but take off a lippy because the packaging for all of the Book of Shadows palettes is TERRIBLE. The slide out packaging rather than the snap open and shut packaging is frustrating, and having all those empty spots for the eyeliners and the Primer Potion annoyed me. I depotted my shadows 'cause I hated the packaging so much.

I do love the colors, aside from the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again glitterbomb, and still use them now. The quality of these shadows hasn't lasted as well as I'd like - Sphynx barely shows even with primer.

on 11/2/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

If I could (it was limited edition), I would buy this again for any of its LE neutral shades. Never used the glittery shades or the black shadows, but every other shade worked brilliantly with each other. My favorite, daytime-safe shades are mushroom and YDK, with twice baked in the crease. Loved the subtle wash I could get with AC/DC (eggplant) and misdemeanor (bottle green). Sphynx looks scary princess pink in the pan, but translates into a subtle pink shimmer wash that makes my chocolate brown eyes pop.

The major con is the packaging. This is the only reason I haven't reached for this palette regularly, and which has me thinking of getting the Naked palette even though BOS II fills my need for neutral shimmer shades. Also I do love the heft of the "book" cover and the peacock pattern, but I've been going back and forth about depotting this into something more portable as the versatile mix of shades are perfect for travel. Ack!!

on 8/24/2010 12:51:00 AM

Great Palette! Many different colors. Packaging is cute but too bulky! Still love the product

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I would love to get my hands on another one if I can, however, it is sold out and I did not know that it was going to be special edition. But, get ready for the Vol. III, this is be release something in November 2010. This is only avaliable on ebay, it is absolutely sold out everywhere, so don't even bother. Great price for all the shadows, primer and two eyes pencils. But, if you are offer this palette by chance, take it, best palette for collection. The color payoff is so amazing, its a lot of shimmers so if you love glitters, shinny eyeshadows, this is just great. Don't worry if you enjoy nuatural shades, there are lost of browns, silver, cream, this palette really deserve lots of love. I never use this on anyone but myself, not even no my girls, I do not want any demage.

on 7/14/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutly love this pallete. thought it was great value for what comes with it, the colour pay off is excellent and i love all the colour they are all very wearable for me for both day and night time, but i find the fall down with them terrible and my face is always covered in glitter, overall i love it though

on 5/7/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lots of wasted space here. Pulling the drawer out while the top opens to nothing but photos is a bit strange. But the colors in the palette are all very compatible. you could create many different looks with this one palette. It would be great for travel for that reason.

on 5/6/2010 1:29:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. The best palette out there. This is the only eyeshadow I bring with me when I travel, because all the colors are gorgeous and you can mix & max to create so many different looks. The eyeshadows are very pigmented even without primer. My favorite colors are Mushroom, Nylon, Half Baked, and Misdemeanor! The fact that it comes with a UDPP and two 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner makes it even better!

on 5/5/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first Urban Decay purchase and I absolutely love this palette! You can create so many looks with just this palette whether it be a heavy night look or a simple everyday look. This is my absolute favorite palette! All the colors are gorgeous!

This pallette is my saftey net! (if that makes any sense!?) it's my go-to product almost everyday. with very wearable colours like 'SELLOUT' 'TWICE BAKED' and 'YDK' its great for school. and its handy in the morning when i'm in more of a rush that i dont have to be looking relentlessly for individual pots. the colours come out exactly as shown and i love the names! :P with 'PERVERSION' 'JINX' and 'ECSTACY' its also a great palette for a night look. i llloooove this palette. the eyeshadows dept in the box also seems never to end :) im dreading the day i begin to see the silver bottom of the tray! :( its also an animal cruelty free brand which makes it 100% for me! gorgeous eyeshadows with no suffering!x

on 4/27/2010 7:23:00 PM