Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret

4.4

on 5/9/2015 7:23:00 AM

One of my favorites. This is a strong fruity floral that smells sweet and yet there's a citrus-y sharpness to it. I find that it has excellent lasting power on me. And I love wearing this during the warmer months because it has a lightness and a freshness to it, even though it's not exactly subtle. It actually reminds me a little bit of Clinique Happy, if you like that scent then definitely check this one out.
I don't love the cheap-looking packaging though. This fragrance is a little on the expensive side, I wish it was in a classier-looking bottle. Even so, this is one that I have repurchased more than once and I'm sure that I'll buy it again in the future.

on 4/10/2015 6:40:00 AM

As much as I love citrus and tea notes they usually disappear so quickly on my skin it`s like I haven`t applied any fragrance at all. At the same time I was really skeptical about wearing a perfume version; I just can`t stand heavy lingering odors and to me most EDPs are far too strident and intrusive. This is the first EDP that I enjoy wearing and feel confident enough that I am not causing discomfort to my coworkers (I work in an open plan Japanese office and people here tend to be overly conservative, meaning everything needs to be subtle and understated). The scent lasts and lasts on my wrists, and this is a first for me! Every time I catch a whiff of my skin I just feel so happy and relaxed, like I`m about to go away soon on an exotic vacation, and nothing can bring me down.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh so delicious and fresh! I originally tried the edt, but the lasting power was not very good. The Edp is so much nicer and extremely strong and long lasting with my chemistry. This fragrance reminds me of D&G Light Blue, but with tea and raspberry/cranberry. I guess it's the mix of lemon and cedar that really gives it that fresh and fun summertime fragrance personality to me which is so similar to Light Blue. I love how this lasts so much longer on my skin though. I can still smell it on my clothes and skin the next day. That is amazing for such a fresh scent. I really like the earthy tea notes in this perfume too, and it almost reminds me of a fresher version of Flowerbomb, because of the tea and patchouli. I will re-buy this for sure, and I think it's perfect for any occasion or season too.

on 5/6/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love the strong citrus notes that are very apparent when this perfume is first applied, but the tea notes that appear after wearing it a few hours (or less) smell odd to me. When I first put it on in morning, my husband complimented me on it. By the end of the day when I came home from work and he sniffed my wrist, he was no longer a fan. Agreed with me that it smelled harsh.
So I guess we don't care for the "demon" aspect of the fragrance. My advice before purchase is to get a sample and wear it all day. I bought a mini-bottle from Ebay first, and I'm really glad that I didn't purchase a large bottle outright because of the good reviews and buzz about it.

on 4/28/2014 5:41:00 PM

This one has grown on me and I've come to really enjoy how unique it is. First smell, I cringed. Second smell, I was confused. Third, fourth and fifth smell, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I finally decided to give it some time. After using it for a couple weeks, I almost decided to love it, if it only lasted longer than 3 hours.
The "sweetness" comes from the cranberries, but it's a confusing kind of "sweet". It's not sugary. Really, think about it, how sweet is a cranberry? Not very. No vanilla here. There's also something citrusy that offsets the "sweetness"...kind of lime-ish. Then you throw in the patchouli and musk and it's a bit spicy. Wowza! I ADORE unique perfumes! The only reason I took off a lippy is because of the staying power. I HATE having to re-apply perfume during lunch at work. It's like a pet-peeve of mine. Luckily the bottle is a great size for the price.

on 4/25/2014 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Nicely made, but in my humble opinion, you really have to enjoy sweet red-fruity perfumes (Hot Couture, etc). Which mostly, I don't -- unless there's something major to offset the sweet red-fruit notes. Any time I test a perfume and immediately get a big dose of raspberry, pomegranate, cherry, etc -- I generally set the testers down and move on.

Le Secret's notes (peach-colored liquid):
Top Notes: Cranberry, Green tea, Amalfi lemon
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Peony, Water lily
Base Notes: Woods, Patchouli, White musk

Le Secret Elixir's notes (purple-colored liquid):
Top Notes: Green tea, Neroli, Lemon
Heart Notes: Frangipani, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes: Patchouli, Vanilla, White musk, Cedar

I'm wearing Le Secret now, and I'm getting mostly a sweet cranberry scent -- with some woods & musk added. The tea & lemon lighten & freshen the cranberry somewhat -- but not enough -- and I wish there was more light fresh tea & lemon & less cranberry.

This is too fruit-juicy, verging on punch, for me. There is practically no tang or tartness from the cranberry (like D&G Pour Femme has, and which I prefer) - it's like the cranberries were packed in syrup.

Le Secret Elixir (purple juice) is deeper, less fruity, with a more floriental feel (kind of headed more in the direction of Euphoria) -- and of the two, I believe I prefer the Elixir. Le Secret (peach-colored juice) is the lighter, fresher, brighter, more sheer, more fruity fragrance of the two.

I find Le Secret to actually be quite strong, with lots of throw, so a little goes a long way. When it launched, the face was Uma Thurman (who had previously fronted Lancome Miracle when it launched, many years previously).

on 12/1/2013 11:02:00 PM

I work at Sephora, so I'm sure you can imagine how many fragrances I go home smelling like every night. This is one that has caught my attention, underlyingly. It smells sweet (but not too sweet), floral (Jasmine), & fruity. It just has that special something to it that I can't describe. But, needless to say, I love it. Everytime I am wearing this, a bunch of people always ask me what I'm wearing. This isn't a fragrance that you will detect on every single woman who walks by. I feel like this fragrance isn't really as widely known about as others (kind of low key), but it definitely will catch someone's attention when worn. I would definitely reccommend this.

on 11/17/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I managed to get a couple of fragrance samples to try this out. So far I think it is a beautiful light floral and sweet fragrance. I will definitely be asking the hubby to put this on my Christmas list lol. I do pick up the jasmine and peony , but the fruitier notes are perfectly balanced with the floral notes. It has good longevity on my skin. The bottle is pretty too. Love this!

on 9/30/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my goodness. This is the only perfume I've ever actually liked. I am someone who really hates perfume. I own a couple bottles, they are all old and barely used. I just really don't like them. The other day I was wandering around Sephora and there was just an intoxicating scent from one of the perfume walls. I asked what was sprayed, and it was this. I got a sample, wore it for a day, and went and purchased the full size immediately. And a lotion. And a body wash. I want my whole world to smell like this.

To me, it smells like an expensive up-scale New Years Eve party. Like champagne. Bubbly, floral, sweet, and a little spicy. The top notes are clean and bright and the bottom notes are sexy and classic. It is the only extremely sweet perfume I've used that also smells clean. I prefer sweet florals, but most make me feel like an unbathed college student. Not this. This feels classy and sophisticated, but fun and sexy.

This is definitely one to try. It's the best smelling thing I've ever smelled.

I absolutely loved this upon first testing it in a department store a couple years ago. Now through an entire bottle, I am absolutely tired of it. Has become too sickeningly sweet on me. Smell improves over the course of the day. Good lasting power. Gorgeous bottle and enticing name.
Bottom line: Interesting, but too sweet and too popular for my likes.

Popular Fragrances