Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This looks just beautiful on my olive skin. It's the perfect summer bronzer blush and looks totally natural. I think it would look good on other skin tones too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. Like others have said, my first thought was "how can a bronzer be pink" but it is and it is quite gorgeous. I am a total bronzer addict but this, probably because my skin is so pink already, really makes me look like i have been out in the sun. There is just enough brown in it to fake sun and just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.

If you are a pale person who normally does not do bronzer because you think they are all orange, this is a great first "bronzer."

My only complaint is bobbi brown compacts have weak clasps and this, like my bronzer, does not shut properly after having used it for a while. I love the design of the compacts and the mirror size but she needs to work on the clasps.

on 6/10/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Antigua and have used it for years. It is a cooler pink with a little bit of shimmer--not crazy sparkle at all. If I want to get the perfect bronze for my skin tone (Bobbi Brown Sand or Warm Sand) I mix the Antigua with the Natural bronzer compact. Just a swirl in both palettes to load the brush, then a light swipe to cheeks, forehead and chin.

on 6/2/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Supremely beautiful bronzer with nice pink undertones instead of orange or brown, it's just so expensive!

on 1/20/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is fantastic for pale skins! I am always very wary of bronzers, as they are usually too obvious, dark or orange. 'Antigua' is a lovely pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer, which makes the bronzing effect quite subtle and easy to apply. I often use it in winter too as it's so flattering. It's also great for contouring, used with a highlighter. Plus, the pan is HUGE, much bigger than BB blush, so it does feel as if you get more for your money.
I can't fault this product at all, as I've previously had a nightmare finding a decent bronzer for my skin tone!

on 10/7/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's a decent product but the shade, Antigua, was one of the lightest and pinkest, and it looks on me like it's too brown to be blush and too pink to be bronzer. For whatever reason, I'm just not impressed with it.

on 8/23/2014 5:27:00 PM

How good is this bronzer ( ok, we all know it actually is a blush-bronzer hybrid)?

It it so phenomenally good that I repurchased it 3 times by now. Nope, the other 2 didn't break, crack, nothing untoward happened to them. But I used them up. Aaaaaaall the way to the bottom of the pan. And this has never, EVER happened to any blush I posess. I either get bored of them, or they don't look right in the height if the summer or dead of the winter, but this one....amazing. For the lack of a better description, this very clever combination of pink-peach-bronze colours just makes the wearer look alive and healthy. At any time of year. Best of all, the discreet sheen imparts a subtle youthful glow without being overly "glowy" or shiny. Due to my large pores I usually cannot use anything remotely glowy or shiny since this accentuates my pores even more. But not this one. Not a bit. It is a miracle product. You simply MUST check it out when you are at a BB booth. You'll thank me...honestly. BB products are often either hit or miss for me ( e.g. Hate her lippies - great colours but either incredibly drying or increadibly smeary and greasy). But for Antigua she should go to heaven :-)

on 5/13/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have the BB Antigua and the Maui for a pop of color on the cheeks over bronzer. Love them both!

Very recently purchased and already a favorite! Lovely hybrid of bronzer and blush with slightly illuminating properties.. natural, brightening and softening, can be built up to be really bright. I agree with "pupupu" about the packaging not closing well after a while - it has happened to many of my Bobbi products. I am a Bobbi Brown Beige 3, and this is perfect! Sort of the only blush/bronzer you need on a trip - AA++

on 3/2/2012 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Being that I already own the illuminating bronzer in Maui, I didn't think I needed this shade, but after seeing the swatches online and reading reviews, I had to purchase Antigua. I actually think Antigua shows up better on me than Maui. I have medium-tan skin (4.0 in MAC Matchmaster or NW30/NC30-I can go either way depending on the foundation) and Antigua really gives my cheeks a nice pop of color. I don't think this is much of a bronzer at all, but it gives my cheeks a nice, healthy dose of color without looking too overdone. Plus there is plenty in the compact to last me a very long time. Once again, kudos to Bobbi Brown for nailing another wonderful product!

Popular Bronzers