April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for the last 10 years or so, it has been calm and breakout free (except for an occasional mild flare). I have noticed that glycolic acid tended to break me out like crazy, but other than that, things were OK. Then in July I started to have a crazy breakout, begininng with small bumps and clogged pores to cystic, painful acne all over my face and neck. It was killing me. I thought maybe one of my cleansers was the culprit and tried a million things (probably spending over 500 dollars on products). Then I began to think it was inflammatory and a reaction to all of the chemicals in the products I was using and I did some research and came up with the crazy idea to use grapeseed oil. I bought a good sized bottle at wholefoods for about 7 dollars (!!!!) It has been over 2 weeks now and I have to say things have calmed down almost completely (still some work to go!). I added a few drops of tea tree oil and I really think this is helping. I use 2 drops on my face and pat it around. It absorbs quickly and leaves a subtle natural glow. And it seems to be moisturizing just enough. Also, at night I put Argan oil around my eyes and I think this is helping with fine lines. I also scrub with baking soda every other day. Im now so obsessed with natural products that I have thrown away all my expensive bottles and my medicine cabinet is being filled with kitchen products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use jojoba oil and olive oil prior to grapeseed oil but though my skin was extremely dry, both felt heavy. I noticed that though I liked the jojoba, it took a ridiculously long time to sink into my skin. Grapeseed oil, however, is heavy enough to cover my dry skin in one pass but light enough to sink in quickly.

I use it under foundation and alone. My skin is gorgeous as a result.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ashmaaa

Bought this for OCM. Was using olive oil prior to this and it was clogging my pores. This did not. But it did not feel as cleansing as olive oil so i stopped and pushed it inside my idle-products cabinet. Having a really bad breakout now ( about 20 pimples on my U-zone and extreme redness/inflammation) which was made more painful after using vichy's hyluspot treatment. Using this with cetaphil moisturiser has calmed my skin a bit. Not visibly but pain-wise. Thank God for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

Grapeseed oil is perfect for my oily, acne-prone skin. I use it after work and before I workout at night to remove all makeup. I wet my face, gently rub the scentless oil on my skin and eyes, and then remove with a damp washcloth. It's much more environmentally friendly than a disposable makeup wipe that will clog landfills and leaves my skin refreshed, clean, SOFT AS HELL, and clear of any makeup. I put on a dab of moisturizer and I'm ready for my workout. I paid $6 for a bottle and it has lasted me months already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had super oily skin since I was a teenager. I went through all the acne etc and it really depressed me. I wear makeup every day and I was looking for a gentle makeup remover. I'm 50 now and my skin is still oily. I used to have to wash my face and wipe over with a hot muslin cloth to remove the first layer of sebum and makeup. Yuk! It sounds awful but there you go. I would then pat my skin dry and use an oil free skin cleanser AND then finished with an oil free toner. What a palaver! Well, my makeup removing world has since been transformed since I started using grape seed oil as a cleanser. I put a thin layer all over my face and then brush my teeth. Then taking one of my trusty hot muslin cloths I wipe pretty much everything off! Yes, it miraculous to say the least. I just pat my skin dry and wipe over with my oil free alcohol free toner (rose water) and I'm done. Immaculately clean skin.
I have tried other oils such as castor, coconut and extra virgin olive oil but they are just so heavy in consistency and made my skin oilier! Grape seed has such a light consistency and is so easy to remove that I'm sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I needed a carrier oil to dilute lavender and tea tree oil while still being relatively light. I couldn't use witch hazel as a carrier because that would be too drying. after trying a bunch of different kinds, grapeseed worked out the best. the key is you need to be sure to use just a tiny bit. I use a pea size drop of my serum and it soaks in quite well before I add moisturizer. I've been using this mix for several weeks and so far it has worked better than anything I've tried. I don't think it's the grapeseed that's offering any real benefits, it's just that it's a great carrier for the lavender/tto, without making me greasy or break out more. (other oils I tried that were too heavy: sweet almond, apricot kernel, and evening primrose.)

I wouldn't recommend this (or any of the oils) as a replacement for your moisturizer though. I experimented for a long time and it seems (for me) none of the oils on their own were very moisturizing. it's better to use them in addition to your favorite lotion to give it a boost.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

Omg. I believed in this fad lie. I used this for 3 months and it did nothing for my acne skin. It poisoned my skin and i now realize that not all natural or organic skincare is the best. If u r using this becuz u r vegan or organic crazy person, dnt! Just use obagi and u will realize that chemical skincare aint that bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Jekennedy

I don't remember what brand of this I used, but the ingredients listed 100% organic grapeseed oil. My skin is newly dry, so I am trying to find products that effectively moisturize, but do not clog my pores. I thought since this was supposed to be relatively safe for sensitive skin I would be good. First of all, I didn't find that it was very moisturizing, in a way I felt like my skin was slightly tighter than before. It absorbed however so I decided to use in under my eyes. I used it for one night and woke up with horrible puffy bags under my eyes. I chalked it up to dehydration and lack of sleep. I put it back on the following night and woke up to extremely swollen eyes. My lids were puffy and I had flaky bags. I took benadryl and it got slightly better. I discontinued use of grapeseed oil and it continued to get better, although it took probably a full week to get the flakiness and puffy lids to go away. What a disaster, I'm not sure if anyone else had a similar experience but I hope not. Just understand that although something is supposed to be non-allergenic doesn't guarantee you won't be allergic to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This oil did not work for me AT ALL. It was like the worst out of all the oils I tried. (I have tried a lot, including mineral oils and petroleum and this was worse for me) And I was very excited about it because I heard it would be good for acne and bumps, but all I ever noticed was more bumps. I even started to notice that I reacted to products with grape seed oil in them. (And of course many many without it too). I have a huge bottle of it, that I don't need at all. At least it was cheap.

Some of the other things I've tried just so you get an idea are:
(I tried to put them in order of what worked best for me first)

Jojoba, Sea Buckthorn, Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly, Coconut Oil (I can't use this pure on my face but in products it seems to be "ok"), Almond oil, Mineral oil (liquid), grape seed oil

And essential oils/spot treatments/to mix into the others: Lavender, Tea Tree, Rosemary, and Peppermint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Meshamade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is perfect! I've had a struggle with using oils on my face since many have made me breakout like boots botanical 100% organic face oil, and coconut oil. This oil was light enough to use and helped with my acne and acne scars. I use this at night after cleansing with African black soap and when I wake up, my skin is smoother than a baby's bottom. I can't help but touch my face!