September 17, 2014 | 1997 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went with my mom to get us both a starter kit of this makeup. I had to go back 3 times because no one could correcrly match my skin color. Anyway.. I did not like it. It didnt cover anything atall. It also felt..like there was too much powder on my face. It was also too dewy..the finish. I tried this foundation with bisque later on..still didnt work great... the matte version works lots better as far as not being dewy and I can find a color match as well. It works for some ppl..not for me :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by emilyc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this mineral foundation. it makes my face look natural and it looks good with my liquid foundation. doesnt irritate my acne. it is pricey, and i cant wear it alone, but if you dont have bad acne and want a light foundation, i suggest this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I have tried this several times with the same result. First I do not like how it looks on the skin and I do not find it natural looking at all on anyone, it always increasing my oil production on my skin, within and hour I am already getting shiny enough that I need to touch up. I always looks cakey as the day goes on and creases which I do not get with my other foundations. I have found that PF is much better than this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne. This product is nice and light and feels natural so I really want it to work out. Unfortunately I've got really oily skin and I feel this product slipping off my face about an hour after I apply it. I just need more long lasting coverage just more coverage in general.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I used this for several years around 2000. It was definitely better for my skin than a lot of the liquid foundations out there that clogged my pores and made my face even greasier! This was back when mineral/powder foundation was a new idea, so it was very exciting.

Unfortunately, it never provided enough coverage for my broken-out skin, it didn't prevent my face from getting oily, and it would be almost gone in a matter of hours. To be fair, I don't think I knew about primers back then.

I found some lurking in a drawer the other day and decided to try it again, now that my oiliness is more under control and my skin has cleared up a lot. Still not thrilled with this product, though. I prefer IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation - better coverage, more natural looking, less mess. I alternate between IT and Motives Liquid Powder foundations.

This was a completely new and different idea in makeup, and I appreciate it for forging a new path. But there are better options out there. Won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand what all the hype is about. This is a HORRIBLE product, it does NOT cover whatever kind of acne you have! This is a waste of money. I bought the kit with brushes, concealer and foundation. I did like it in the beginning, but turns out it is not good. However, the brushes are good. And I also liked the concealer. But the foundation? No.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cogitoergodebs

easily the WORST purchase ive ever made. looked great in the shop but within hours had clogged every pore and was emphasising rather than hiding imperfections and I have clear skin. if you have even remote issues with spots or redness AVOID this product. zero coverage yet clogs pores. waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

This foundation on its own offers little coverage. If you have imperfections on your skin that you want completely covered with JUST this than this is not the product for you. I use this to set my liquid foundation/BB Cream/ TM and it works really well for that. I don't like using a powder foundation to set because its too heavy but a translucent powder is not enough for me. I have dry skin and this powder gives me a nice natural finish; I notice that when I don't use this my skin looks a lot less hydrated.

This powder needs something to stick to in order for it to cover evenly and last throughout the day. It has a tendency to cling to dry patches and emphasize pores if used on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So today I was at a makeup store and since my cousin is a makeup artist and works there.. She put the makeup for me and chose the right colors.. At first it looks fake and cakey BUT.. After 30-45 mins.. It sinks into the skin and looks so natural and it's just amazing..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is not for me. It doesn't cover my redness/acne, emphases my forehead and "smile" lines, dries my skin out even more even with moisturizer, makes my face look very powdery and lasts about 2 hrs. The only pro is it looks pretty natural (with a light land and zero coverage minus the settling) but I can get that from a $6 drugstore foundation with much better performance!!!