Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

on 5/30/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Well is the best foundation I've used so far. The only one that instead of making me have new spots, reduce the ones that I've got on at the moment.
Cons, I've got very dry skin and sometimes for me it's way too dry, and of course you need to have your face without flakyness because it will accentuate that.

But honestly, I'll repurchase, because it looks natural, it feels like nothing on the skin, and in my case last all day on.

on 3/19/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was originally attracted to the thought of a powder foundation, because I thought it would be more natural. I was wrong. I apply it with a mineral powder brush and buff it into my skin, just as you're supposed to. For some reason, the original and matte versions weren't the same shades. It was probably a mistake to buy the original finish one due to how it's illuminating and being an oily teen, I don't need a lumi foundation. I set just my t-zone and around my nose (my worst spots) with powder in the morning and by lunch, just 5 or so hours later, I'm shiny. Not illuminated, but reflective. With just one light layer of powder over it makes it look almost cakey as well. Especially my forehead, it looks caked on and dry. The coverage is okay. It doesn't cover my red cheeks very well nor does it stick to the sides of my nose. Not worth the $27 at Sephora. Would not recommend.

on 2/2/2015 3:42:00 PM

I wore BE powder foundation for most of my twenties. I can say that it was great until I turned 30 & then it seemed to accentuate every flaw / pore / crease & crack, & made me look about 5 years older. I have normal to dry skin, & my skin had gotten extremely dry at teh time that I quit using this. I still have a ton of this foundation left & since it doesn't go bad...I may try it now that my skin is in better condition. Still, I think liquid to creamy consistancy powders are better for over 30s skin.

on 2/2/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THIS WAS THE WORST THING EVER FOR MY SKIN. By the end of the day my skin would literally sting and I couldn't wait until I got home to take it off. I'm so bummed it took me 4 months to realize what the heck was doing that to my skin in high school. It was terrible and mix that with sweat from volleyball and you've got double trouble. Absolutely TERRIBLE product and definitely not worth the hype. I ranked the price as pretty good because you don't need to use a lot each day for pretty good coverage and I found it on amazon for wicked cheap.

on 2/2/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I went from no acne in high school to having super sensitive break-out prone skin in college. I virtually had to stop wearing make-up because everything I tried made my skin itch and break out. Nine years ago, a couple of people in my life convinced me to visit a BE store and try this stuff. I've never looked back. You definitely have to play around to figure out how to use this stuff. I think it works best with a primer but I have yet to find one that my skin likes. Even so, I usually wear my make-up 14 hours a day and most of it is still there when I wash my face at night even though my skin is on the oily side. I don't even worry about washing it off before working out. I start with a handi-buki brush all over and then go back over blemishes with the little concealer brush of theirs that came with the sulfur anti-acne treatment. I have redness in the center of my face and usually a couple of blemishes. It covers everything. Sometimes I won't put any make-up on all weekend and by Sunday my skin is all itchy and I'll get several new blemishes.I hate to say that a make-up makes my skin better but it certainly seems to. As someone with super-pale skin, this is the only make up I've ever worn that genuinely gives me a good match. I generally stick to fairly light.

on 12/7/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this, so you can't imagine my disappointment on this product. I gave this a few chances and each time I got the same reaction. My skin will become red and itchy, especially around my chin where it will become inflamed and would leave me with dry patches. I would need to rub ice on my face to calm the burning on my skin.

This also does not feel natural on the skin. I feel like I have heavy makeup on the moment I apply it. Please save your money.

Buyers beware. There is a harmful ingredient in this product.

on 10/19/2014 4:59:00 PM

I have some acne, and this doesn't disturb it at all. after I apply a bb cream, I set it off with a little of this, and my makeup looks awesome. I wish it would stay on a little longer than about six hours. My skin can get oily later in the day especially around my nose and forehead, and I hoped that it would keep my face matte, but that's what the stay matte mineral foundation is for!

on 10/11/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not a foundation for older or dry skin. It settles into your fine lines and
Wrinkles. I had a make up artist apply this for me and she agreed it's not for dry skin.
I've tried it with several different moisturizers and serum....still made my skin look dry.

A little pricey. But so worth it. Super perfect skin, cake-free, and it stays on without accentuating any dry spots. I love it.

I have dry to normal skin that is very fair with yellow undertones. Golden Fair is my holy grail product. I'm very sensitive/acne prone but haven't gotten a single pimple from this. (I use the Matte version, FYI.)

I apply my BareMinerals Well Rested powder Concealer beforehand to my under eyes- which are this awful, lavender color. This covers them awesomely. Then I buff this on using my EcoTools Buffing Brush. You wouldn't leave the house without setting a liquid foundation, and I set my powder foundation too, using NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent and Sephora's "Airbrush" powder brush. Bam. Satin finish, not super-mask-matte, no redness in sight, and skin that looks smoother than ever.

I only need one layer for medium coverage, but can get full coverage if I want. The second I run out, I'll buy more. This is the ultimate buildable foundation for pale, yellow-toned skin. I recommend this brand to literally all my friends.

Just like every other foundation, you have to apply it the correct way. If you have a lot of scars, redness, hyper pigmentation, or even acne, you're definitely going to need to apply this with the concealer brush from bare escentuals. When I first started using this foundation which was about 3 years ago, I made the mistake of applying it with the flawless face brush. That gave me little coverage, and I had to end up using more then what I really needed. I started applying the foundation with the concealer brush and literally everything is covered, from acne, acne scars, and redness. Bottom line is use the concealer brush for full coverage! This foundation is perfect for me. It doesn't break me out and I have every sensitive skin, so a lot of other high-end brands break me out like crazy. It leaves a very natural look and ever since I've been using this, I get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks. It covers just about everything. I use the matte foundation because the original foundation emphasizes my oily skin and has me shining all day. I haven't experienced any horrible breakouts from using this product in the last 3 years, and mind you I breakout very easily.