July 26, 2014 | 1452 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was kind of skeptical about this for quite a long time, and troweled through review after review about the Clarisonic , all the negatives (pretty horrible accounts) and the positives (all the YouTube raves). It is sort of expensive but I had a Myers gift card, and it is not that much more expensive than the US retail price. I thought I'll just give it away or eBay it if it doesn't work for me. First week I used it every night with the sensitive brush head and waited for the "purge period" everyone was talking about with trepidation... But after 3 weeks, nothing happened, no mass pustule break outs, no broken capillaries, nothing. I was left with smooth and blemish free skin. I used to have a few spots that pops up randomly around my cheeks and my chin... that doesn't happen anymore. For better clean for my over large pores I use the pore cleansing brush head, and it gives a lot better clean than the sensitive head. So I switch between the two brush heads each night, and clean it with boiling water and peroxide afterwards. Having used it almost nightly for over 3 months and so far had no problems with both the Mia and my face.

I have read so many reviews about broken capillaries and mass breakouts and all sorts of horrible things that never happened to me. I even used it through a period of skin infection where I kept having patches of dry skin, and this manages to lightly buff it off and keeping my skin moisturised. The trick is to be very very gentle, and under no circumstances press the brush head against the skin with force. The type of face wash you use with it is also really important, never use face wash with beads or any exfoliating stuff! The battery lasts ages as well, I have come home for holidays for exactly 3 weeks without the charger and battery is still going strong. It is the best beauty investment I have done in my life so far, and I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to take the time to come write a review because today I woke up with clear skin for the first time in at least 5 years. I hardly knew what to do with myself other than jump for joy because I love my clarisonic mia!!! It's simpler than the regular clarisonic which is why it's cheaper but It has everything I need and nothing I don't. I feel like it does clean out my pores better than just my hands which allows my skin care products to absorb into my skin better and work to their full potential. I'm so glad that I bought this, it was well worth the price. There is all of this talk about the "purge phase" but I thought of it as more of a transition phase. You're skin is going to change and it might break out for a couple weeks but if you power through it you'll love the results. I did break out a little more than usual on my chin during my first few weeks of using the device, however I knew I needed to breakout there because there were so many bumps trapped underneath my skin. Now there's nothing there! Definitely recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

Three weeks in and I'm in love with this product!! It has made my face incredibly smooth. I tend to get small bumps on my face during the summertime, but most of them have disappeared after using this product!!! I'm in love and don't think I can ever go back to a regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Leonor222

So I decided to register and take 5 minutes out of my life to say how absolutely wonderful this device is. This beautiful hand held plastic brush rotator- face modifier- never- going-without-it- again device literally feels like it's been handcrafted and molded by the almighty God himself. Okay excuse my over the top description but on a serious note - this is great. I have normal skin but my face has a sort of texture that is bumpy - I know, what kind of face is that? Long story short, my clarisonic got rid of it and I have baby soft skin. Total necessity - going through 2000 reviews? JUST GET IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Megmullins09

I just bought the Clarisonic Mia about a week and a half ago and I love it. I was told the first couple of weeks my face might break out more than usual and my skin would become very oily due to my body getting rid of all the oil in my skin. I have oily, dry, and acne prone skin as it is so this wouldn't be anything new. Well my face is now extra oily and has the extra acne. After the first use my skin was really smooth and it looked great till it broke out. I am giving this a chance before I get rid of it. I have tried everything to get rid of my acne. Prescriptions, topical creams, face washes and nothing works so I hope this does!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have owned my Clarisonic Mia for about 2 weeks. Before I used it, I had some dry patches on my nose and cheeks. I only use it at night because I feel that exfoliating twice a day can be too much on my skin. This did get rid of my dry patches and leaves my skin with a glow. I could tell a difference in the first use! I have normal to dry skin. I use this with Yonka's Gel Nettoyant gel cleanser. I also have dry scaly skin on the back of my hands. Well I used the Clarisonic and my cleanser on my hands, and the dry skin is gone! My moisturizer sinks in better on my face and hands. I read somewhere that you need to keep it charging when not in use because if you let the battery die, it will not work at all after that. I am very happy with this product and glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I splurged on a Clarisonic plus, I used my Mia for 1 year twice a day. Works great, lightweight. Needless to say this cleansing brush won me over. I now just use my Mia for travel due to compact size. I have found that my skin is smoother and softer. Breakouts are minimally, and I had horrible acne prior to using Clarisonic to cleanse.

I recommend the Mia for someone who wants to proceed with Clarisonic, but unable to proceed with the pricier Plus version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Ckimbeautify

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have been using it for approximately 1.5 years. I have had a noticeable difference in my skin tone, and it has also worked on reducing the signs of minimal wrinkles on my skin. I have had many comments about my skin looking very youthful. I am a 41-year-old woman and I use the sensitive brushes and replace them probably every 4 to 5 months and not the recommended three months because I don't use it as often as it recommends. I typically use the product twice per week.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Allyroseadney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 15 years old and have been struggling with acne since I was about 11-12. I have moderate to severe acne. I was on antibiotics for a couple months to clear my acne and it worked wonders, but like most antibiotics, your body becomes immune to them and they stop working. That's when my skin got absolutely horrible. I read so many reviews on the clarisonic that said it was a miracle for their skin. I decided to give it a try. I got my clarisonic this past Christmas. I started using religiously everyday along with my simple face wash. Sadly, my skin got a lot worse in the first month or so of use age. I thought that it was normal since purging is common for the first couple of weeks. I kept using it hoping that the purging would stop and that my skin would eventually clear. I WAS WRONG! The more I used it, the worse and worse my skin got. I think the clarisonic only world for people that don't have acne, because if you have acne, it'll only spread the bacteria all over your face. I hope this review helped everyone struggling with acne. Don't make the same mistake I made. Stay away from this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

7/2014: I an so glad I stopped using the Clarisonic, my skin is back to normal and the sandpaper acne it caused is gone.

3 week Edit: Clarisonic almost destroyed my skin. At first I loved this (original review below). I returned mine at Sephora. The lux brush head didnt hurt, but then after 2 weeks my lower face felt irritated and rough like sandpaper, or eczema, which I never had. If I had to choose between having a few piples or the condition the Clarisonic has left my skin in, I'd prefer the pimples. This overexfoliated my skin even though I only used 1ce a day to remove my MU. The whole reason why I got this is b/c its supposed to be "better than hand washing". I havn't used for a week and my whole neck and jawline still have the rough dry skin, but its doesn't feel irritated any more. Its so wierd the bumps dont hurt but they are so noticeable under MU!!! I am calming my skin with honey and argan oil which have helped so much. I should have paid more attention to negative reviews, one even mentioned broken capilaries!! If u have sensitive skin stay away. My skin was finally clear after years and now this.

Original Review: My skin is acne prone, sensitive, and dry. I was hesitant to try because regular scrubs are too abrasive and make me breakout. I have had professional checial peels in past which work.

So I decided to finally try this now that the Lux brush head is out, It's baby soft. I had't tried Clarisonic before because I read reviews of Sensitive, and Delicate brushes being too harsh.

I paid $124 for mia including sensitive brush head( hav'nt tried that brush though)

The sephora gals also said to avoid breaking out use this once every 3 days to start off. Then just use every night.

1 wk in My skin is perfect; no breakouts. My sunscreen, and night serum absorbs super quick now! My skin is the best it's ever been.

I apply my cleanser to brush head, this cleanser never used to foam, with the clarisonic it does.

It's deffinatey worth a try, save receipt you can always return it, after 90 days at Sephora.