July 31, 2014 | 2097 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Worth every cent! I couldn't live without my clarisonic. I use it every second night, and every other night I exfoliate (chemical exfoliator). My skin feels so clean after using the clarisonic and it looks cleaner and healthier in general. I've been using for about 6 months now. It took about 6 weeks or so to really start seeing a difference but ever since my skin has been amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I bought the clarisonic Mia from sephora in 2012 when I got my first job. This is what I bought with my first paycheck. I heard great reviews about it all over youtube so I decided to splurge because I was desperate to try anything out if it would clear my troubled skin. I've struggled with acne since I was in the 5th grade, I am now on my 4th year of college. So when I got my clarisonic, I was super excited to use it. First night I used it, it wasn't what I expected but it did make my skin sorta soft. Second night I used it, same experience, then the next morning I woke up with cystic acne near my jawline and chin. At the time I never got those painful zits, my face was just full of painless bumps. I was aware of that "purging" stage but my face was just so bad from it, I just ended up returning it. Now it's 2014 and my skin has gotten a lot better from 2 years ago but I still have flaws. I still have those tiny bumps, and acne scars(hyper pigmentation) everywhere. My cousin was gifted a clarisonic Mia for Christmas but it broke her out badly the first use so she stopped using it for months and recently asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I'll give it another try. So I've been using it again since June 15, and it's actually working better than the first time I've used it. Plus It hasn't broke me out. I only use it whenever I wear makeup. So about 3-4 times a week ONLY AT NIGHT. I remove my makeup with a baby wipe, use extra Virgin Olive oil to break down the makeup and wipe away with cotton pad, I wash my face with Dudu Osun black soap, then I wash again with same soap but using my clarisonic. I just bought the acne cleansing head yesterday and I really like it! It's more plush.. Overall I really enjoy it now, i can tell a difference in using other cleasners. Most of my cleansers say it gives a tingling sensation that I've never experienced until I use my clarisonic. I guess it makes skincare products work more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My brother ended up buying this so we could both use it (with different brushes, obviously.) but I ended up using it more. I never had that purge period or any problems with this product, really. My skin always ends up soft after each time I use it and it feels really clean. Sometimes I can see leftover makeup on the blush that my cleanser missed and I cringe that that would have normally been on my face. This is definitely a staple product in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was kind of skeptical about this for quite a long time, and troweled through review after review about the Clarisonic , all the negatives (pretty horrible accounts) and the positives (all the YouTube raves). It is sort of expensive but I had a Myers gift card, and it is not that much more expensive than the US retail price. I thought I'll just give it away or eBay it if it doesn't work for me. First week I used it every night with the sensitive brush head and waited for the "purge period" everyone was talking about with trepidation... But after 3 weeks, nothing happened, no mass pustule break outs, no broken capillaries, nothing. I was left with smooth and blemish free skin. I used to have a few spots that pops up randomly around my cheeks and my chin... that doesn't happen anymore. For better clean for my over large pores I use the pore cleansing brush head, and it gives a lot better clean than the sensitive head. So I switch between the two brush heads each night, and clean it with boiling water and peroxide afterwards. Having used it almost nightly for over 3 months and so far had no problems with both the Mia and my face.

I have read so many reviews about broken capillaries and mass breakouts and all sorts of horrible things that never happened to me. I even used it through a period of skin infection where I kept having patches of dry skin, and this manages to lightly buff it off and keeping my skin moisturised. The trick is to be very very gentle, and under no circumstances press the brush head against the skin with force. The type of face wash you use with it is also really important, never use face wash with beads or any exfoliating stuff! The battery lasts ages as well, I have come home for holidays for exactly 3 weeks without the charger and battery is still going strong. It is the best beauty investment I have done in my life so far, and I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to take the time to come write a review because today I woke up with clear skin for the first time in at least 5 years. I hardly knew what to do with myself other than jump for joy because I love my clarisonic mia!!! It's simpler than the regular clarisonic which is why it's cheaper but It has everything I need and nothing I don't. I feel like it does clean out my pores better than just my hands which allows my skin care products to absorb into my skin better and work to their full potential. I'm so glad that I bought this, it was well worth the price. There is all of this talk about the "purge phase" but I thought of it as more of a transition phase. You're skin is going to change and it might break out for a couple weeks but if you power through it you'll love the results. I did break out a little more than usual on my chin during my first few weeks of using the device, however I knew I needed to breakout there because there were so many bumps trapped underneath my skin. Now there's nothing there! Definitely recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

Three weeks in and I'm in love with this product!! It has made my face incredibly smooth. I tend to get small bumps on my face during the summertime, but most of them have disappeared after using this product!!! I'm in love and don't think I can ever go back to a regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Leonor222

So I decided to register and take 5 minutes out of my life to say how absolutely wonderful this device is. This beautiful hand held plastic brush rotator- face modifier- never- going-without-it- again device literally feels like it's been handcrafted and molded by the almighty God himself. Okay excuse my over the top description but on a serious note - this is great. I have normal skin but my face has a sort of texture that is bumpy - I know, what kind of face is that? Long story short, my clarisonic got rid of it and I have baby soft skin. Total necessity - going through 2000 reviews? JUST GET IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Megmullins09

I just bought the Clarisonic Mia about a week and a half ago and I love it. I was told the first couple of weeks my face might break out more than usual and my skin would become very oily due to my body getting rid of all the oil in my skin. I have oily, dry, and acne prone skin as it is so this wouldn't be anything new. Well my face is now extra oily and has the extra acne. After the first use my skin was really smooth and it looked great till it broke out. I am giving this a chance before I get rid of it. I have tried everything to get rid of my acne. Prescriptions, topical creams, face washes and nothing works so I hope this does!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have owned my Clarisonic Mia for about 2 weeks. Before I used it, I had some dry patches on my nose and cheeks. I only use it at night because I feel that exfoliating twice a day can be too much on my skin. This did get rid of my dry patches and leaves my skin with a glow. I could tell a difference in the first use! I have normal to dry skin. I use this with Yonka's Gel Nettoyant gel cleanser. I also have dry scaly skin on the back of my hands. Well I used the Clarisonic and my cleanser on my hands, and the dry skin is gone! My moisturizer sinks in better on my face and hands. I read somewhere that you need to keep it charging when not in use because if you let the battery die, it will not work at all after that. I am very happy with this product and glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I splurged on a Clarisonic plus, I used my Mia for 1 year twice a day. Works great, lightweight. Needless to say this cleansing brush won me over. I now just use my Mia for travel due to compact size. I have found that my skin is smoother and softer. Breakouts are minimally, and I had horrible acne prior to using Clarisonic to cleanse.

I recommend the Mia for someone who wants to proceed with Clarisonic, but unable to proceed with the pricier Plus version.