September 17, 2014 | 2095 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was desperately looking for a overall face primer to replace my Mac prep+prime face protect. I've tried Sephora brand primer, Tarte primer, Maybelline pore eraser, Benefit Porefessional.. but nothing was good enough for my oily skin. Plus i have huge pores which i needed badly to cover. Finally, i came across Too Faced and it was a god-send!

It made my make-up long-lasting.. like i only need to blot my t-zone at the 6th hour but the rest of my makeup was still intact. I look pretty much matte the entire day.

It covers my pores very nicely! Usually i dab a bit of Benefit Poressional on top of my makeup to hide the more open pores on my cheeks and nose. But with Too Faced primer, there's no need to!

Im using UD weightless liquid foundation and with this primer my face looks so smooth. Also,In the past, I have problems applying highlighter on top of my makeup as it shows little bumps and imperfections on my face. BUt with the Too faced primer underneath, my skin still looks smooth even after applying highlighter.. fantastic!

I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin and large pores needing a good primer. Expensive, but worth it!

Update: ok, this primer didn't make my make-up any more long lasting than it already is
( about 5 hours wear before makeup starts to fade). But i still love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As I have nearly finished my tube of Primed and Poreless, I thought now was a good time to get in my review. I picked up a tube at ULTA when it was half off, which was good because this stuff is a lot pricier than what I'm used to paying for primer. However, I'd say this primer is worth every penny of its full sale price and have picked up another tube. Too Faced claims that this primer can be used alone or under bronzers, powders, or foundations. I haven't used it on its own, preferring to use it under my liquid foundation. I just rub a pea-sized amount on my T zone and on the apples of my cheeks. It does wonders, smoothing out my skin to provide a good base. It does a decent job of minimizing my pores, though I wouldn't say it's a very noticeable effect. There's a very slight shimmer present, which I'm guessing is to blur out any minor imperfections. The base is very creamy and rich without being greasy. A little goes a long way, so those hesitant on the price tag can rest assured knowing that one tube can last several months (I've had mine for about six and still have some left in the tube, even with daily use). It definitely helps with my foundation's lasting power, which is fantastic on my oil slick skin. Best of all, it doesn't break me out, which is something of minor miracle since my skin breaks out at the drop of a hat. Overall, I'd say this a great primer and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I haven't met a primer I love more than this one! I have pitted scarring, hyper pigmentation, acne, oily skin... Just about everything working against having a full face of long-lasting makeup. It glides on, and a little goes a LONG way. Then, it mattifies. It fills in every pore and scar better than any other primer I've ever tried. But that's not where it stops! Miraculously, it has IMPROVED the texture of my skin. I even wore it without any foundation and my boyfriend commented on how much better my skin looked. It doesn't stay matte throughout the day, but it controls oil better than most other primers, as well as keeping my makeup perfectly in place for as long as 12 hours, with maybe one touch up in between! So thrilled to have found this product. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only thing that has been an absolute staple in my makeup/skincare arsenal for years. If I do stop using it for a bit, I imediately remember upon repurchase why I love it so much. I have terrible skin - I mean really bad. Oily, huge pores, acne 'pitting' scars, signs of almost 30 aging. This is the ONLY primer (only thing at all, really) I have ever tried that makes my skin look smooth and clean. No oil, just a velvety finish that feels fantastic to the touch. Pores really do seem to vanish. I also love that this is tinted - which really evens out color and complexion. If I only have 5 seconds put makeup on before I leave the house, this is all I do. Love love LOVE the soft buttery feeling while applying it. That feeling and the little dose of retinol makes me feel like in that 5 seconds I'm treating myself and doing something good for my skin.

Edit: I've read some people saying it makes makeup 'slide' off. I think the key is really using the right amount. Just a dab at first. I have put on too much and felt 'greasy' but with this stuff, less is more. I also use a powder foundation, which with this creates a flawless finish. I do agree I wish it had more lasting power, but I'm too happy with the results to care - I will reapply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't find anything amazing about this primer. Used it for 2 weeks and I had developed some sort of dry patch around my eye area which really pist me off lol it did help minimise the look of my pores around my nose.... other than that I can't use the product due to breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst primer ever!

I've tried both the one for sensitive skin and this one. What a waste of money. I have really oily skin! I was a strong user of too faced shadow insurance so I thought why not try this. This product did not meet my expectations at all! Because it's silicone based it caused all my makeup to slide off my face. Liquid blush-- gone within five minutes literally for a blush that normally lasts 6 hours on my skin without primer. It also felt weird .. It was kind of like a tingling / burning sensation! I was literally oily after one hour! If anything this made my skin oiler and I felt greasy! Do not buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer much better than the Smashbox Photo finish (that made me breakout), its nicer than the MAC one but the MAC one is still pretty good. The Loreal Blur cream though is exact same texture so there are probably cheaper alternatives out there. This goes nicely on the skin and sits beautifully under my powder (I don't use liquid foundation), doesn't dry out or flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cadubois4

Love this product so much. It glides on, is velvety-smooth, and stays put throughout the day. It gives my foundation and concealer so much more staying power and they look so much more smooth and even when applied over this primer. A little goes a long way, which is good, because the price is a bit steep. Definitely a go-to for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

NOPE. Nope nope nope. It feels really lovely and velvety when you smooth it on, it spreads fantastically and the beige tint does slightly even out some blotchiness around my nose. It feels like a good base for foundation, which does apply really nicely over it... but by midday, it's like I used nothing at all. Just kind of a letdown after a really strong opening statement. For $30, not even worth the gamble. Skip this! I wish I could return mine but I've been using it for months now, as fast as I possibly can so I can move on haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily sin that eats all makeup. This stuff is excellent at helping me stay fresh-faced all day, in the heat, etc. I've tried most of the foundation primers around, and this one suits grease balls (like me) well.

Try a sample!