November 26, 2014 | 907 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by askac

First time I used it u loved how it felt and made my skin look. Within a few hours my skin felt oily and like the product was heavy. After about a week of use my skin has broken out like crazy. So unhappy about what this did to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I'm normally a big fan of the Smashbox primers, but I got a sample of the Too Faced Primed and Powerless Skin Smoothing Face Primer and I have to say that I really love it! It goes on super smooth and leaves your skin feeling silky. And you don't have a use a lot of it to get good primer coverage. If you're like me, I like to prime my whole face, so the less I use the better. I also find that my makeup stays put better with this primer than my smash box. It seems to extend the life of my make up also. I'm still working through my little sample and it's been a few weeks already. Once I'm done, I'm definitely repurchasing! I have fairly sensitive skin and this doesn't make me break out or clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ladies, I've tried every primer there is to deal with large, aging pores. Benefit Porefessional, Laura Geller, urban Decay, Tarte, Smashbox - you name it. The ALL settled into my pores. In fact when I purchased this primer (in oil free), I told the sales girl at Ulta that if it didn't work, I was giving up on foundation and/or BB Cream. This was it. I started using this prime as well as witch hazel astringent. Voila! Pore free! Try it. It really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, and sensitive skin and this has to be my favorite primer so far. I have used everything from high-end to drugstore brands and nothing has agreed with my skin other than this brand! I love the texture of it, and it is very hydrating to my skin. The only thing I have an issue with is that it dries too quick. When putting on my foundation, I have to rush to put it on before it dries.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was desperately looking for a overall face primer to replace my Mac prep+prime face protect. I've tried Sephora brand primer, Tarte primer, Maybelline pore eraser, Benefit Porefessional.. but nothing was good enough for my oily skin. Plus i have huge pores which i needed badly to cover. Finally, i came across Too Faced and it was a god-send!

It made my make-up long-lasting.. like i only need to blot my t-zone at the 5th hour but the rest of my makeup was still intact. I look pretty much matte the entire day.

It covers my pores very nicely! I would say abt 80% covered. And usually i dab a bit of Benefit Poressional on top of my makeup to hide the more open pores on my cheeks and nose.

Im using UD weightless liquid foundation and with this primer my face looks so smooth. Also,In the past, I have problems applying highlighter on top of my makeup as it shows little bumps and imperfections on my face. BUt with the Too faced primer underneath, my skin still looks smooth even after applying highlighter.. fantastic!

I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin and large pores needing a good primer. Expensive, but worth it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I've been using this for a month now and I'm a bit disappointed. I was a bit puzzled at first. Some days my makeup looks great and some days it looks terrible. I finally figured out this primer is the culprit. IT makes my makeup looks blotchy if applied too much. Also, it didn't make my make-up any more long lasting than it already is. So im taking out 1 lippie here. But I still love it's silky finish plus it still hides pores & makes my face smooth.. for the 1st 4 hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As I have nearly finished my tube of Primed and Poreless, I thought now was a good time to get in my review. I picked up a tube at ULTA when it was half off, which was good because this stuff is a lot pricier than what I'm used to paying for primer. However, I'd say this primer is worth every penny of its full sale price and have picked up another tube. Too Faced claims that this primer can be used alone or under bronzers, powders, or foundations. I haven't used it on its own, preferring to use it under my liquid foundation. I just rub a pea-sized amount on my T zone and on the apples of my cheeks. It does wonders, smoothing out my skin to provide a good base. It does a decent job of minimizing my pores, though I wouldn't say it's a very noticeable effect. There's a very slight shimmer present, which I'm guessing is to blur out any minor imperfections. The base is very creamy and rich without being greasy. A little goes a long way, so those hesitant on the price tag can rest assured knowing that one tube can last several months (I've had mine for about six and still have some left in the tube, even with daily use). It definitely helps with my foundation's lasting power, which is fantastic on my oil slick skin. Best of all, it doesn't break me out, which is something of minor miracle since my skin breaks out at the drop of a hat. Overall, I'd say this a great primer and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I haven't met a primer I love more than this one! I have pitted scarring, hyper pigmentation, acne, oily skin... Just about everything working against having a full face of long-lasting makeup. It glides on, and a little goes a LONG way. Then, it mattifies. It fills in every pore and scar better than any other primer I've ever tried. But that's not where it stops! Miraculously, it has IMPROVED the texture of my skin. I even wore it without any foundation and my boyfriend commented on how much better my skin looked. It doesn't stay matte throughout the day, but it controls oil better than most other primers, as well as keeping my makeup perfectly in place for as long as 12 hours, with maybe one touch up in between! So thrilled to have found this product. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only thing that has been an absolute staple in my makeup/skincare arsenal for years. If I do stop using it for a bit, I imediately remember upon repurchase why I love it so much. I have terrible skin - I mean really bad. Oily, huge pores, acne 'pitting' scars, signs of almost 30 aging. This is the ONLY primer (only thing at all, really) I have ever tried that makes my skin look smooth and clean. No oil, just a velvety finish that feels fantastic to the touch. Pores really do seem to vanish. I also love that this is tinted - which really evens out color and complexion. If I only have 5 seconds put makeup on before I leave the house, this is all I do. Love love LOVE the soft buttery feeling while applying it. That feeling and the little dose of retinol makes me feel like in that 5 seconds I'm treating myself and doing something good for my skin.

Edit: I've read some people saying it makes makeup 'slide' off. I think the key is really using the right amount. Just a dab at first. I have put on too much and felt 'greasy' but with this stuff, less is more. I also use a powder foundation, which with this creates a flawless finish. I do agree I wish it had more lasting power, but I'm too happy with the results to care - I will reapply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't find anything amazing about this primer. Used it for 2 weeks and I had developed some sort of dry patch around my eye area which really pist me off lol it did help minimise the look of my pores around my nose.... other than that I can't use the product due to breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst primer ever!

I've tried both the one for sensitive skin and this one. What a waste of money. I have really oily skin! I was a strong user of too faced shadow insurance so I thought why not try this. This product did not meet my expectations at all! Because it's silicone based it caused all my makeup to slide off my face. Liquid blush-- gone within five minutes literally for a blush that normally lasts 6 hours on my skin without primer. It also felt weird .. It was kind of like a tingling / burning sensation! I was literally oily after one hour! If anything this made my skin oiler and I felt greasy! Do not buy this.