November 23, 2014 | 979 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jmichelxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product it was great. I have partially oily skin so I thought it would be perfect for me. After about a week of using it, my face started peeling severely. It was completely dried out. This product could work fine for others and just not for me. The weather could have had an affect also.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product contains 2% salicylic acid. At SGD 15.80 for 175 ml in Singapore Watsons and Guardian, it is a very affordable cleanser.

I don't recommend it for every day use as this does cause the 'dry and tight' feeling. Although it contains chamomile and aloe extracts to try to soothe the skin, I have found their effects to be minimal. So I would still use this sparingly and I would treat it as a 'mask'. Where I would put it once every 4 days or so, depending on your skin tolerance. I recommend using a moisturiser afterwards to prevent any flakiness as well.

You know your skin the best, so if it gets too much, wash it off. Be sure to moisturise after as well.

However, if you have normal or sensitive skin with mild breakouts, I do not recommend trying 2% salicylic acid at all. Side effects on skin with low tolerance includes dry skin, flakiness, itchy and irritated skin.

read more about it here:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Beautyinabottle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this dries out the skin. It feels like a detergent rather than a gentle facial cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by paotaj

This dried out my skin and break-out A LOT so I definetly wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by leann72899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This defiantly worked for me. If you have oily skin this is a must. It made my skin soft and cleared up my acne tremendously in just 2days! I really love this product and I like to use it with the neutrogena oil free moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Coriander11

This product is my most loved skincare product!
Effect of product: Before buying this product I used 7 different products in an attempt to keep my acne under control and now I use just the one. I have used this product for over a year (once a day at night using the olay vibrating dream fresh brush) and although I initially found this product drying to my skin, especially in the winter, this is easily corrected by using a light moisturiser. Occasionally when my face was adjusting to the product I felt a burning sensation however I believe this is down to the 2% salicylic acid and is well worth the amazing results- it cleared my acne!
Product info: The product had a light scent, much like soap, but it isn't overpowering and dosen't linger - if your looking for a scented product neutrogena make a similar version of this named pink grapefruit. The wash is a gel texture that foams easily using water, and removes easily with no residue.
This product is great value for money a 270ml bottle has lasted me a year with everyday use.
Packaging - I love the pump for everyday use, but travelling I find the product often spills out of the bottle and makes a huge mess do I would strongly recommend using a separate bottle to travel with.
Please note I'm reviewing the US version, there is a version available in the UK but comparing the ingredients the UK version has less salicylic acid so it could produce different results.
Overall I think this product is well with a try it cleared up my skin (teenage acne) and left the occasional breakout manageable on top of that I find it's great value for money. I would definently repurchase if the same version is made available in the UK.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by bellaswan17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This products sucks. I'm sorry to say this, but "sucks" is an understatement. This product left my skin puffy, red, and extremely dry. It basically burned my skin. I have used a few Neutrogena products in the past, and they worked pretty well. But this one is a waste of money. It is too harsh on most skin. I'd stick with a more natural product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lenxiacovou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't buy this product ever again, after using it for a week I have noticed that it hasn't helped my blemishes at all, infact it's made my skin much worse.. It makes my skin VERY dry and I come out in red blotches on my face, it's uncomfortable and feels like my face is burning!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by sisieshow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is my love , my everything , if i ever ran out of this , then my confidence just drops honestly. when this says it treats and prevents pimples , it does. i didn't have really bad acne but it was where i don't like going out without make up and i wasn't as confidence. so i went on minocycline and it treated my acne issue for a while but it didn't prevent it. it came back. so i remembered in year 8 i used this. so i bought it again , I'm at university now. and this always keep my skin clear for so long. i have no problem at all. keep in mind when using this product , drying may occur. the reason to this , is because it has 2% Salysilic acid , which treats pimples the fastest and prevents them. So it is important to use a moisturizer with. i use clean and clear moisturizer, the one for pimples and blackheads, and its the best combination. this product has the most perfect combination ever, this beats clinque and higer end products. this product is just great honestly , i haven't found anything better than neutorgena. even when i started having pimples it was neutorgena that diminished them. so i love this brand so much and i trust more than any other product. this also doesn't have menthol so that's a plus , because the tingly feeling you feel with other cleansers is menthol, which makes you think your face is clean because it getstingly , but all that is doing to your skin is irrtating it. i am all for neutorgena and this product espically is so great. try it with a moisturiser and see how good it will be , or buy the grape fruit one, its not as drying. but this is really good for acne really really good <3 i love it so much

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kmls17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing CREAM. Just when I finally found a facewash that worked wonderfully, of course I found out that it's being discontinued :( I switched to the GEL to try it out. I used it a couple times, it did well keeping my skin acne free but realised it burned my face!!! I feel a rash on my cheeks and if i used any other product (like regular soap) it burned because my cheeks felt raw. My face is red, blotchy and discolored and it looks like I'm sunburnes or I'm wearing a really cheap, bad foundation. Awful!!!!!!