December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Used this and it did not clear my Acne. Actually it left my skin dry and tight and unbalanced. Salycilic Acid is the Active ingredient. This also did not remove makeup.

The ingredients list that it has dyes in it which are known to trigger acne, it's just wrong that yellow and red Dyes which create more acne are added to an acne wash.

I prefer the Trader Joe's Face Cleanser and just add my acne products at night afterward to keep my skin clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ChristinRob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely drying. I think it strips all the oil off so your skin produces twice as much to make up for it. This in turn caused more breakouts. I need to find something more gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a teenager with acne-prone dehydrated-normal skin prone to flaking, I thought that something called "oil-free acne wash" would be my savior. Unfortunately, I went through two bottles of this before accepting that this was exacerbating the problem. It caused me to have squeaky clean skin that felt tight and uncomfortable.

After switching to a gentler cleanser, my acne has improved a lot to the point where even acquaintances have commented. If your skin type is dehydrated or normal, I would recommend looking elsewhere for a daily cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by francha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excuse my english, spanish is my native language.

Ok, this could be drying if you use it everyday, but its my solution for breakouts! :D

I think that thanks to this cleanser I have cleared my recent zits, not even the effaclar duo or effaclar k that i have been using these days...and the price is very affordable :)

Its more like a mask you use in emergency cases, I like that contains chamomilla extract because the soothing properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jmichelxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product it was great. I have partially oily skin so I thought it would be perfect for me. After about a week of using it, my face started peeling severely. It was completely dried out. This product could work fine for others and just not for me. The weather could have had an affect also.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product contains 2% salicylic acid. At SGD 15.80 for 175 ml in Singapore Watsons and Guardian, it is a very affordable cleanser.

I don't recommend it for every day use as this does cause the 'dry and tight' feeling. Although it contains chamomile and aloe extracts to try to soothe the skin, I have found their effects to be minimal. So I would still use this sparingly and I would treat it as a 'mask'. Where I would put it once every 4 days or so, depending on your skin tolerance. I recommend using a moisturiser afterwards to prevent any flakiness as well.

You know your skin the best, so if it gets too much, wash it off. Be sure to moisturise after as well.

However, if you have normal or sensitive skin with mild breakouts, I do not recommend trying 2% salicylic acid at all. Side effects on skin with low tolerance includes dry skin, flakiness, itchy and irritated skin.

read more about it here:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Beautyinabottle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this dries out the skin. It feels like a detergent rather than a gentle facial cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by paotaj

This dried out my skin and break-out A LOT so I definetly wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by leann72899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This defiantly worked for me. If you have oily skin this is a must. It made my skin soft and cleared up my acne tremendously in just 2days! I really love this product and I like to use it with the neutrogena oil free moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Coriander11

This product is my most loved skincare product!
Effect of product: Before buying this product I used 7 different products in an attempt to keep my acne under control and now I use just the one. I have used this product for over a year (once a day at night using the olay vibrating dream fresh brush) and although I initially found this product drying to my skin, especially in the winter, this is easily corrected by using a light moisturiser. Occasionally when my face was adjusting to the product I felt a burning sensation however I believe this is down to the 2% salicylic acid and is well worth the amazing results- it cleared my acne!
Product info: The product had a light scent, much like soap, but it isn't overpowering and dosen't linger - if your looking for a scented product neutrogena make a similar version of this named pink grapefruit. The wash is a gel texture that foams easily using water, and removes easily with no residue.
This product is great value for money a 270ml bottle has lasted me a year with everyday use.
Packaging - I love the pump for everyday use, but travelling I find the product often spills out of the bottle and makes a huge mess do I would strongly recommend using a separate bottle to travel with.
Please note I'm reviewing the US version, there is a version available in the UK but comparing the ingredients the UK version has less salicylic acid so it could produce different results.
Overall I think this product is well with a try it cleared up my skin (teenage acne) and left the occasional breakout manageable on top of that I find it's great value for money. I would definently repurchase if the same version is made available in the UK.