NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for about 10years.
I've tried a lot..MAC, Chanel, all sorts of drugstore ones (in Germany, UK, Canada and the states)
I must have spent hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars/pounds/euros in that time. I'm sure some of you can relate..

I heard about NARS about a year ago, it's rather hard to find over here in the UK (not online, mind you, but I did want to try out the foundation before I buy it, especially at that price tag)

Anyways, I was looking for a suitable foundation for my wedding day so I caved and forked over the £31.00 the other day, after the lady at the Nars counter swatched me ( Mont Blanc )
Looked great, felt great.

Back home, a few days later I had the chance to finally apply it and wear it for more than 2 hours (it's quite thin and runny)
I don't know what to say at this point, but let me start by saying that I really wanted to love this.
I wanted it to be my holy grail, go to foundation.

The first let down: I applied it over moisturiser and primer and it just looked okay..Now I don't know about you guys, but when I spent that much money to look like a sheer glowing goddess I want to look better than just okay!

But the story goes on..
My fiancé and I went into town that day for some shopping. It was nice and sunny for a change (21 Celsius degrees, so not too cold or too warm)

The second let down:
After an hour or so in town we met my soon to be brother in law and one of the first things he said to me was: "Whoa, looks like someone isn't coping very well with the heat" This comes from someone who, usually, doesn't comment on my appearance.
I didn't really know what to say at that point but after we left I checked my mirror and my face was literally the greasiest mess I've ever seen. My nose was shining like a frying pan with integrated mirror!!! A thin(should've seen that one coming when I saw how thin the foundation is), oily layer of what was left of my foundation covered my nose, cheeks and rest of my face.

Funnily the lady at the Nars counter told me the day I bought the foundation that I have extremely dry skin, so what's going on here?!?!

Since then I've tried the foundation 3 more times with different application techniques (beauty blender, foundation brush, stippling brush) but nothing has changed. A good hour or two and I become a greasy, shiny mess that looks like it ran a marathon. Not a good look at all.

I've had better results with some drugstore brands (esp. Boots no.7 stay matte) in fact I think that I've never looked this bad before, even foundations for £5 have never made me look like this.

I can't tell you girls&guys, how embarrassed I was after we met my brother in law. Good thing I wore the foundation before my wedding day or it would've been a nightmare.

Before I post this review, I'd like to say that I'm sure this foundation works for a lot of people, but it definitely didn't work for me.

Pros:
- Nice packaging
- Mont Blanc was a perfect match for my skin tone

Cons:
- Hefty price tag (£31.00)
- No SPF
- No pump (£3.00 extra)
- Too thin/runny
- Coverage
- Lasting power less than 2 hours for me

Advice: IF you're interested in this foundation try to get a sample ( not off eBay as they are watered down versions mostly)
In the UK at selfridges or Harvey Nichols it might be a bit tricky to get a sample, but please try.
It might save you a lot of money!

on 7/5/2015 10:24:00 PM

I find that this foundation tends to cling to dry patches, it don't come with a pump , i have dry/combo skin and find that i HAVE to powder a couple times through the day or my oils look out of control even though I'm not that oily. i usually would reach for this foundation if I'm all out of GA Luminious Silk

on 6/24/2015 11:23:00 AM

Love this foundation! I first purchased the NARS All Day Luminous foundation and quickly returned it and replaced it with this. I have dry/combination skin and this lasts all day without moving around too much. I apply with the Tarte airbrush finish brush and it looks flawless!

on 6/24/2015 12:56:00 AM

I love this foundation! LIGHT2 Is my perfect colour. I usually use 1-1 1/2 pumps as I find 2 is quite heavy coverage and if I'm in a rush blending takes forever. It gives me such an even dewy glow that I just love. I've also seen other people with vastly different skin tones use it and look flawless too. The only criticism is the pump, how it must be purchased separately and it has no cap. This is annoying as it makes travelling difficult. But as a whole the product is great

My absolute favorite foundation to date. As mentioned by many reviewers, this foundation has more of a satin finish than glowy. For reference I have combo skin and wear the color Deauville (a perfect match), and also use Mac NC20, MUFE 120, L'oreal Lumi W1/2, Chanel Vitalumiere 20, and Armani Luminous Silk in 4.0 (L'oreal True Match in W1, Armani Luminous Silk in 3.0, MUFE 117, and NC15 in MAC all seem very close to Gobi in undertone (yellow/warm) and shade).

The best thing about this foundation is the amazing coverage it gives you! It's so good that I like to sheer it out a bit by using a damp beauty blender, which also gives the best effect if one has any dry patches. This is definitely my special occasion foundation. Although I do have quite dehydrated skin, I find that if I exfoliate and moisturize properly, this wears just fine. However, I'm not sure if I would recommend this to an individual with purely dehydrated skin.

I love that NARS has such a realistic color range for different races. My only complaints are that it comes with no pump and the price (like many other reviewers).

on 6/23/2015 4:41:00 PM

I've tried many foundations, from Shiseido, to EllisFaas, to Dior, but THIS one is my Holy Grail! It's so thin and light in texture, but amazingly tinted!! So much of my redness and acne scarring was almost invisible thanks to this. What's more is that you can take it under the eyes as well because it is so build able. You should buy the pump separately because it really does portion out the amount very well. One pump does it for me! I set this with a translucent powder and then a setting spray when my skin is dry during the winter and it stays amazingly! Otherwise I may notice creasing around the nose.

on 6/22/2015 11:55:00 AM

The Sheer Glow foundation looked so good on my skin and I had so much faith in this product. It gave me the perfect dewy sheen and It lasted all day without running or settling into creases. I really loved it. But after wearing NARS faithfully for a few months I started getting the worst, most painful, cystic acne of. my. life. Initially I was in denial that it could be my, very expensive, NARS foundation. I decided that it could have been hormonal so I switched up my skincare regimen, to no avail. Once I conceded that it was my NARS foundation and stopped using it, my skin began to improve. Now I am left with a daily reminder that high price does not equal quality in the form of acne scars on my right cheek.

on 6/20/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this highly priced and talked about foundation...but I wanted to try before I buy as I now do with all more expensive ones ..so got a 10ml sample...
I like it...not the worst I've had...but not the best either...
It's hardly what I'd call sheer which is ok by me as I prefer more coverage due to acne scarrs..This did cover them ok.
But I have dry skin and this is aimed at that type of skin...
It went on really well...not sure about the glow though...get more glow from true match or rimmels wake me up foundation.
After a few hours it wore off and my skin looked a bit dry...cracked almost on my chin...
Overall it's nice....but not my best find ever...you get charged so much for this stuff and for me there are better foundations or very similar ones from the drugstore....
2/10....sorry nars lovers...It didn't do much for me!
Colour was fab...constancy was ok....glow was rubbish...as was staying power...should have been 2 lipped but couldn't change it for sum reason...lol :(

on 6/19/2015 3:00:00 AM

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(. I used it a few times and it broke my skin out terribly. The colour was a good match and built up to a medium coverage but I had to return

I'm not one for reviews but I think this is so fantastic I'd leave it a review... Ivery had acne in the past, treated by roaccutane, now my skin is dry combination... sometimes dry sometimes the odd pimple. Anyway I've been using bareminerals as I want to keep it as natural as possible ingrrdients wise but I love a good coverage. This foundation is amazing, I use deauville colour, usually fairly light in BM, but it blends perfectly down my neck and looks great on, flawless finish, quite watery when pumped out but a little goes a long way! And it HASN'T upset my sensitive skin. It stays put most of my working day, maybe if I was going out again evening I'd reapply a bit more. This is the first nars product I've got and il definitely explore more. Love it!