Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 7/30/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish i didn't like this. Unfortunately, I do. I like it on its own for a very feathery/natural but thick look, and with my other favourite (Mineral Fusion volumizing mascara) on top! When I layer the mineral fusion on top, i don't need to bother with false lashes.

Maybe it makes a beautiful base coat because it's the perfect texture. It lets the other mascara 'grip' on and look smooth, rather than some mascaras which pile up even minutely, so when you layer, the end result is not 'clean' and feathery. This gives a non-clumpy, naturally voluminous/long, feathery, pretty look. Surprisingly, despite the rose fragrance, it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes.

It does tend to flake if used on its own (without the mineral fusion on top), hence I took off 2 stars.

on 7/29/2015 9:06:00 PM

Love the brush on this mascara , i don't like the way it looks smugie after a couple of hours

on 7/29/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received 2 deluxe samples from Sephora. The wand is a bit bigger than I liked, it's big and brushy then tapers off at the end. Initially, my lashes looked fine but after only a few hours, I'd lost all curl I left the house with. I also had to use some saline solution for my eyes and the mascara made me look like a raccoon. It is not waterproof, nor does it claim to not run, but I would expect it to hold up just a bit better after a few drops of saline. Not impressed.

on 7/18/2015 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I LOVE this brush! possibly the best ever used! The mascara its self is great. I could go on all day about that brush though!

on 7/15/2015 11:11:00 AM

I think there are dupes for this out there, but I like the brush a lot and I like the quantity of product it picks up from the tube. The brush really clings to the root of the lashes and allows you to really pull and lengthen the lashes and open up the eye.

It is very black and intense without being thick and heavy. You only really need one coat but I don't like this for lower lashes.

on 7/15/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, this mascara is not worth the price!!! It didn't do much for my lashes, the only plus is that it smells nice!! Don't waste your money on it, this is mediocre!!

Not that good of a mascara and I'll tell you why: Because it's a waste of money.

If I wanted a mascara that dries up quick, takes at least 3 layers to make a noticeable difference, and a brush so large you can't get to the root, and that smudges your top lid, I'de buy something cheap from the drugstore.

The hype around this mascara is the pretty packaging and the fact that it is 'Dior'.

To be fair I will admit the shade does have a somewhat dark black pigment but it did take me a few applications to get the effect and technique right. It does not preform a standout job for thickness or saturation/length though.

Final Verdict: Never again!

on 7/5/2015 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really like this product from two points of view:
First, i always seem to have trouble with how the consistency of mascaras transforms over time. After 2 or 3 weeks of daily usage, i find the formula of many mascaras (both cheaper and more expensive ones) deteriorates - it becomes dry and starts to clump and it seems to me that it is running out (i have to note that when i am using the mascara i am NOT pushing the brush back and forth into the tube, as i know this makes the air get in and contribute to drying the contents of the tube, nor do i leave my mascara opened for a long time. but i do apply two coats every time.) I've been using Diorshow for a month now, and there is barely any sign of drying out or clumpiness.
Second, the result of applying tow coats is amazing - it offers lenght and volume like no other, it doesn't run out, and after 12 hours looks 95% the way it looks at application time. And although the coats i'm applying is very generous, i don't end up with lashes that are stuck to eachother to form that "spider legs" look that i totally and completly dislike, but with thick, separated lashes, that form a voluminous set.

I must note that the brush is indeed big, but for me that is a big plus because i have big eyes and lashes, though I can see how the size could be an inconvenient for smaller eyes.

on 6/30/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Yuck! I got a sample of this mascara when I purchased some nail varnish and when I first applied it, I thought it was fine but really nothing special... separates and coats but adds no fullness or 'flutteriness' to eyelashes... the brush is also really big so it's tough to reach all of your lashes (particularly at the corners of the eye). Not something I would want to buy again anyway just based on its effect, but THEN my eyes started stinging and watering like crazy, by the time I got to work I had teared away most of my eye makeup! Definitely NOT a mascara for moderately sensitive eyes... if you don't have sensitive eyes, I still wouldn't recommend it, there are a lot of far superior mascaras out there.

on 6/22/2015 3:05:00 PM

Nothing special. Definitely not worth the money. My lashes are quite long and full so I don't need some special product to emphasize them, but this mascara simply doesn't do anything. After a week already it got dried and I had clumps in my lashes. I've tried so many mascaras that give better results, whether cheaper or more expensive. I will not re-purchase most certainly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials