Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm a firm believer in the saying 'you get what you pay for'...and this is a prime example. I LOVE this mascara...I have searched for a mascara with staying power for a long time and this is it! ...but it is definitely not a beginners mascara. You need to be pretty adept at mascara application for this gem to live up to its reputation as The brush is long and the formula is in the middle of wet to dry. To avoid flakes or clumping do not let dry to much between layers. Reviews that comment in the scent..it is a classic Dior scent...their foundation has the same which I personally love but if you're sensitive to that this may not be the product for you. However the formula is amazing in my opinion. It is my HG mascara...wish it was a little cheaper but it won't deter me from repurchasing at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price this is an average mascara. I was not all that impressed for the price. I used the entire tube due to not wanting to waste it.
It was nothing special and just a "meh" mascara. For the price some drugstore brands I normally use worked better.
I also noticed after about 8 hours of wear it began to flake.
A bit disappointed for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got a sample of this from sephora and its literally crap. for such a big brush it did nothing for my eyelashes, it applies VERY light, almost like an almost empty dried up 4$ mascara would. Its a very natural application so i only put it on my lower lashes.

This is my absolute favorite mascara of all time. The only reason I'm not currently using it is because I'm broke & cannot justify spending $28 on mascara right now.

I have short, straight lashes & finding a mascara that volumizes, lengthens & holds a curl (without weighing my lashes down) has been an endless, depressing quest (which continues still). This does ALL of it. All of it. It's perfect. I've never found anything else that works for me. The waterproof version is also amazing. I'm a smokey-eye junkie, winged eyeliner at the very least, but this is a mascara that does so much for my lashes that I love the way it looks even without liner.

I'm continuously searching for drugstore comps, I've found some that are ok, but nothing even comes close to this. Honestly, it like eats away at my soul that I can't have it anymore. Please, PLEASE Diorshow....STOP BEING $28. I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have oily everything and this mascara does a very good job indeed of staying on all day.

There is a distinctive smell and does loose efficacy if you don't use it enough in the first 3 months.

But I think it builds good volume with one swipe - apart from the price i would get again.

I know this is a popular product but it doesn't work for me. It was so expensive and I bought it for my wedding without first checking makeupalley (dumb me). Diorshow Mascara runs like crazy. I have even tried to save the tube by using it as eyeliner. I used eyelid primer by urban decay, used a base eyeshadow, then lined my upper lids with the mascara using an eyeliner brush. By mid-morning the line had somehow smudged under my lower lids; this sort of smudging has never happened before even when I use a khol pencil. So sadly, this almost new tube of expensive mascara will be thrown out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

An amazing mascara. Makes the lashes look amazing. It is expensive for a mascara that will probably dry out before I've used it up. If there's a sale, I would purchase.

After reading a lot of the reviews, I did rethink the hype. True, there are drugstore brands that may be close to as wonderful for a third of the price. I think the difference, is in how it treats my lashes. I have to use waterproof to get any staying power in drugstore brands, which of course cause my lashes to fall out and break. But after a couple weeks of treating my lashes to Diorshow, they are finally coming back. This mascara allows my lashes to flex and move. They do not break and it does not flake. I don't need waterproof, as the regular stays put all day. It is worth the purchase to say I have my lashes coming back to life.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

WTF?????? WTF IS THIS???? PEOPLE USE THIS?????

This mascara has to be some sort of a joke. I'm no makeup artist, but I've been wearing makeup daily for idk, 10-ish years? I have the dexterity to apply mascara without getting it all over my entire face.

I put this on like any other mascara. The big brush is cool, and would be amazing with a normal mascara. Sadly, not compatible with this formula--the mascara did not get applied to just my lashes, it also got applied to my upper lash line, which, when I tried to "clean up" with makeup remover on a Qtip, smudged across my entire eyelid.

And then I made the mistake of blinking. Like 30 seconds after I applied it. So now my entire lower lash line is coated in goop. So I tried to remove it from there, and I looked up. And then my entire brow bone was covered in goop.

It normally takes me a very small amount of makeup remover to clean up mascara transfer. This took me 3 cotton pads. It doesn't wipe off cleanly--it leaves black smears all over your face. And it leaves black smudges all over your fingers, which will turn into black smudges all over everything you own.

I hope that my review thus far is enough to deter anyone from spending TWENTY EIGHT ENTIRE DOLLARS on this nonsense, but just in case, I'm also going to mention the horrible chemical scent that I was convinced was actually paint thinner that some sneaky customer funneled into my tube before returning it to Sephora and pretending it was brand new. But all 3 tubes I bought (yes, I was this excited to finally be an adult and buy nice high end things) smelled exactly the same. Some people say it smells like roses. I am not sure what those people are smoking.

The best part about this mascara is that when you wash your face at the end of the night it kind of melts off in weird little rubbery strands so you feel like you're peeling Elmer's glue off your hands, only, it's your eyelashes. That was kind of fun.

I will add that I did try this with another mascara layered underneath (I used my old mascara in the morning and put this on top that night and did not have this problem--the Diorshow basically stayed put.) So if you normally use a primer, you might have better luck.

Needless to say, I will most definitely be returning this to Sephora.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the hype. This was not even as good as most drug store mascara I've used. The formula is dry and doesn't wear well over my beloved Dior lash plumping serum. A better, cheaper option is Maybelline full and soft.

Popular Mascaras